Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games w/e 6 Sept

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts

Games w/e 6 Sept

Getting very tight in the First Division at the moment - two points separating the top 5, with Cabo losing again

Tight in the Premier too, with Waterford moving from 8th to 4th if they keep their lead over Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    We're utterly tedious to support these days.

Then again if Harps could do it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    UCD 5 up after 46 minutes

Yoyo Mahdy has a hat-trick, and a fourth will move him level with Benson as our tenth highest scorer since joining the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Galway on the way to their first win of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    UCD settled for 8 then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Equals our record win, also against Wexford.

We've hit 8 three times in the past five years, and I've missed every one of those games.

Wexford's keeper was in nets for us when we lost 10-1 in Dalymount last year actually (and 11-0 against Portsmouth)

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    For the love of God SOD , please just leave. He is going to relegate us if he stays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    We're utterly tedious to support these days.

Then again if Harps could do it...
    Harps fans are great people but it’s always harder to climb to the top of the mountain then come back down to this tripe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    For the love of God SOD , please just leave. He is going to relegate us if he stays.
    We are in deep doo doo. Don't want to be calling for the managers head after really very little time in the job. Teams who change their manager regularly very rarely do well. However, it's looking like a bad appointment. Where we go from here I really don't know. Honestly can't see where a win is coming from.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Handy win for us tonight, we didn't bottle it this time around, Pats very poor up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    We are in deep doo doo. Don't want to be calling for the managers head after really very little time in the job. Teams who change their manager regularly very rarely do well. However, it's looking like a bad appointment. Where we go from here I really don't know. Honestly can't see where a win is coming from.
    Vinny Perthm Alan Reynolds, and John Gill as first team coaches supporting O'Donnell, sure what could go wrong...maybe he should be called Agent O'Donnell, sent in to keep the relegation slots occupied in case of a Dundalk collapse. Getting Reynolds out of Waterford hasnt worked though.

The shortened season is asking serious questions and giving damn all breathing space if there is any weakness at a club. Can see why Kelleher was in the same camp as the Dundalk chairman, he probably knew S'OD needed a lot more uninterrupted time at the helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    When I go to pay to watch the SRFC Bohs game on watchLOI, it tell's me the game is unavailable due to rights issues. Is that negated by actually paying for the service?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    When I go to pay to watch the SRFC Bohs game on watchLOI, it tell's me the game is unavailable due to rights issues. Is that negated by actually paying for the service?
    EIR sport have exclusive rights to certain games.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The game is being broadcasted by Eir Sports so this is why we cannot watch the game via WatchLOI.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Cheers. Found a trackchamp style stream for it. Seriously cheesy 80's music booming over the tannoy at Tallaght for the H/T interval
    On a sepoerate note for Pats fans, I seem to recall different posters dreading upcoming Pats games while under Harry Kenny. How does this poor run of form under SO'D tally with the experience of watching games under Harry Kenny?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Cheers. Found a trackchamp style stream for it. Seriously cheesy 80's music booming over the tannoy at Tallaght for the H/T interval
    On a sepoerate note for Pats fans, I seem to recall different posters dreading upcoming Pats games while under Harry Kenny. How does this poor run of form under SO'D tally with the experience of watching games under Harry Kenny?
    It's similarly depressing just in a different manner. SOD sets the team up to at least attempt to play somewhat progressively and to press the opposition, it's just we look absolutely toothless creatively and give daft goals away. Even if the results were better Kenny was just another level for me, he'd often play 5 at the back with 3 defensive midfielders and there was just a lack of even attempting to score rather than what is just the inability to now. Not to be wise after the fact but if we had've kept Bucko and given him the means the last couple have had I think we'd be a lot better off.

I do wonder how long Mr. K's patience will last. He writes off a lot of money every year for what's been consistent dirt for a while now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    It's similarly depressing just in a different manner. SOD sets the team up to at least attempt to play somewhat progressively and to press the opposition, it's just we look absolutely toothless creatively and give daft goals away. Even if the results were better Kenny was just another level for me, he'd often play 5 at the back with 3 defensive midfielders and there was just a lack of even attempting to score rather than what is just the inability to now. Not to be wise after the fact but if we had've kept Bucko and given him the means the last couple have had I think we'd be a lot better off.

I do wonder how long Mr. K's patience will last. He writes off a lot of money every year for what's been consistent dirt for a while now.
    Doesn't sound too promising with regards the rest of the current campaign, but I'd imagine he'l be given another crack at it next year. Buckley looked jaded and out of ideas I thought towards his last days in charge there, but maybe, as you said with hindsight, things could have been different with a better budget. An LOI-ism if ever there was one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The stonewall peno in the 2nd half was almost on the exact spot where Grace got hit in the face with the ball but conceded a peno when Rovers lost in tallaght a few years ago.
    Justice.
    Another 3 points closer to the title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    3 points, huge win, tense at the end.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Rovers got away with 2 clear penos today, but that's the luck you need in big games. Can't see them being caught now.

What's the deal with Mandroiu at Bohs tho? He's the best player in the league on his day. You could even see it today when he came on he's on a different level. Paul Corry mentioned it after the game today that he can't understand why he's not in the Bohs team this year. Dan McDonnell mentioned it on LOI weekly too that Mandroiu won't be there next year. What happened between him and the management. There was a twitter joke a few weeks ago about him being "gargled". Has he actually fallen out of favour due to drinking??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast