Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Finland - Sunday, September 6th - 2020 - UEFA Nations League

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    I listened to some of the reaction across media outlets.

I actually found Dunphy and Giles to be the most fair commentators on these games. Giles says that he would have liked the results to be better but he's not surprised by the performances due to experimentation. Dunphy said it would be easy for Kenny to come in and set a team up to earn results against Bulgaria and Finland but he didn't do that, to his credit.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    That's encouraging to hear

4. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Your proposed 3-5-3 formation would be very interesting, though I think we would struggle without a goalkeeper.
    jhon b good i meant 3-4-3 with a false 9. To go deep. If you place a playmaker like Connor Ronan, Crowley or Johansson, then u play two up front.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    That's encouraging to hear
    They were very sympathetic regarding the fitness levels of the players and the difficulty for a new manager trying to find his best team.

They do say that both would prefer Coleman to Doherty. And commended Kenny for "having the courage to try" Doherty right back over Coleman.

It was a breath of fresh air, to be honest. I'm finding the conflicted views of some on Newstalk to be tough listening.

I'm appreciating Dunphy and Giles a lot. Another example is that they speak about Stevens having two poor games. But they qualify it by saying he's had a good year for Sheffield United and is a good footballer. On the other hand, some poster on here said Stevens was poor and will be dropped for Max Lowe at Sheffield United. You just couldn't write some of the kneejerks. Incredible.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    They were very sympathetic regarding the fitness levels of the players and the difficulty for a new manager trying to find his best team.

They do say that both would prefer Coleman to Doherty. And commended Kenny for "having the courage to try" Doherty right back over Coleman.

It was a breath of fresh air, to be honest. I'm finding the conflicted views of some on Newstalk to be tough listening.

I'm appreciating Dunphy and Giles a lot. Another example is that they speak about Stevens having two poor games. But they qualify it by saying he's had a good year for Sheffield United and is a good footballer. On the other hand, some poster on here said Stevens was poor and will be dropped for Max Lowe at Sheffield United. You just couldn't write some of the kneejerks. Incredible.
    Has Newstalk brought woke to the Football ? It has brought Woke to everything else !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    That was me. So why are Sheffield United spending 11 million on Bogle and Lowe? So they can sit on the bench? Stevens is another very average player. 1 good part of a season in the Premiership at 30 (he was poor after the restart) and the rest of his career in the lower divisions. He couldn't even establish himself in a terrible Aston Villa side.

I'd say its incredible you think he's good enough to keep Lowe out of the team indefinitely. I doubt you know anything about Lowe.

Dunphy, what an authority on football that man has proven to be over the years. He still banging on about bringing Stephen Ireland and Andy Reid back into our team to turn us into world beaters?

It amazes me with all these brilliant players how we keep getting beaten comfortably by teams like Finland, Wales and Denmark. We should be winning World Cups with our squad.
    Last edited by youngirish; 07/09/2020 at 10:09 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    That was me. So why are Sheffield United spending 11 million on Bogle and Lowe? So they can sit on the bench? Stevens is another very average player. 1 good part of a season in the Premiership at 30 (he was poor after the restart) and the rest of his career in the lower divisions. He couldn't even establish himself in a terrible Aston Villa side.

I'd say its incredible you think he's good enough to keep Lowe out of the team indefinitely. I doubt you know anything about Lowe.

Dunphy what an authority on football that man has proven to be over the years. He still banging on about bringing Stephen Ireland and Andy Reid back into our team to turn us into world beaters?

Amazes me with all these brilliant players how we keep getting beaten comfortably by teams like Finland, Wales and Denmark. We should be winning World Cups with our squad.
    That post reads like something that would come from a drunken Dunphy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    That post reads like something that would come from a drunken Dunphy.
    Good one. Another intellectual powerhouse with the wit to match.

Let's give it a few months when Stevens is sitting on the bench and and I'll repost your nonsense above so you can dine on some humble pie.
    Last edited by youngirish; 07/09/2020 at 6:47 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Good one. Another intellectual powerhouse with the wit to match.

Let's give it a few months when Stevens is sitting on the bench and and I'll repost your nonsense above so you can dine on some humble pie.
    I like drunken Dunphy though. In fact, your post was better than anything he's produced in an RTE studio. It had the usual hallmarks (an incoherent stream of points, the tendency to self-contradict) but you somehow managed to bring it all to life - on an internet forum, no less - through a scattergun approach to punctuation and grammar. Hats off.

As to the actual points, I was going to contend with the point regarding Stevens not getting into the Villa side in 2014 but then I stopped myself. If seeing an Irish player dropped after a good season provides you with enough satisfaction and a childish "I told you so" then far be it from me to get in the way.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    t had the usual hallmarks (an incoherent stream of points, the tendency to self-contradict) but you somehow managed to bring it all to life - on an internet forum, no less - through a scattergun approach to punctuation and grammar.
    Yes, punctuation on an internet forum. Its very important to highlight the lack thereof when your footballing knowledge is called into question. The classic misdirection technique when you can't rebuke the points made.

Maybe if you spent less time worrying about punctuation in your own posts and more time thinking about the football content, then those said posts wouldn't be a source of such ill informed drivel. Look up Max Lowe yet? Doesn't look bad does he?

As to the actual points, I was going to contend with the point regarding Stevens not getting into the Villa side in 2014 but then I stopped myself. If seeing an Irish player dropped after a good season provides you with enough satisfaction and a childish "I told you so" then far be it from me to get in the way.

Not really but it would be almost worth it so you could see that miracles can happen because wouldn't it be incredible if a lower league journeyman was dropped to make way for a newly signed, highly rated, England U21 left back?

Also Stevens was crap after the season restart. But you know that don't you?
    Last edited by youngirish; 07/09/2020 at 9:23 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    lads for Finland goal there were like 6 mistakes before Stevens got anticipated at the 2nd post. Will explain in my mother tongue.

Primero Arter queda al revés de la jugada con un finlandés, luego Molumby y Brady son superados por el mismo contrincante vikingo, o sea un tipo le gana a tres! Tres de los nuestros (Arter, Molumby y Brady), Brady en un último intento puntea la pelota hacia Duffy, en el camino Puuki intercepta ese pase atrás, y mete un pase en profundidad entre el hueco entre Doherty (que no corre al tipo de su espalda) Y Duffy que se queda parado pidiendo off-side! Egan tiene que salir a cruzar en diagonal para atrás pero no puede cortar el centro al ras del piso hacia el segundo palo, Stevens no se da cuenta que tiene un tipo atrás que le gana la espalda, lo anticipa.... y la mete al fondo de la red.

So mistakes from arter, brady, molumby, doherty, duffy, egan (in a lesser extent) and Stevens. 6 irish players made a mistake there, of course a goal.
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 07/09/2020 at 7:39 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Seriously - what use do you think a post in Spanish is?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    My Spanish is better than my Irish

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Franco was not 100% bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Seriously - what use do you think a post in Spanish is?
    I don't speak a word of Spanish, but it still makes more sense than most of youngirish's recent diatribes...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Franco was not 100% bad.
    Did you know he was a celtic gaelic?

Plus, he invented their tourism industry there just to avoid recession, anyway Spain is a Monty Python joke for a country. The celtics, basques and catalans those guys speak different languages and they want to be independent, plus they hate the average spaniards, but the kingdom and europe wont allow that, so they flood them with euros to their local economies for those provinces.
    And all of them they discard the people from Andalucia as "lumpenproletariats", it is a joke for a country.

I highly recommend you this spanish movie "My twelve basques surnames", and its sequel "My twelve catalans surnames"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    lads for Finland goal there were like 6 mistakes before Stevens got anticipated at the 2nd post. Will explain in my mother tongue.

Primero Arter queda al revés de la jugada con un finlandés, luego Molumby y Brady son superados por el mismo contrincante vikingo, o sea un tipo le gana a tres! Tres de los nuestros (Arter, Molumby y Brady), Brady en un último intento puntea la pelota hacia Duffy, en el camino Puuki intercepta ese pase atrás, y mete un pase en profundidad entre el hueco entre Doherty (que no corre al tipo de su espalda) Y Duffy que se queda parado pidiendo off-side! Egan tiene que salir a cruzar en diagonal para atrás pero no puede cortar el centro al ras del piso hacia el segundo palo, Stevens no se da cuenta que tiene un tipo atrás que le gana la espalda, lo anticipa.... y la mete al fondo de la red.

So mistakes from arter, brady, molumby, doherty, duffy, egan (in a lesser extent) and Stevens. 6 irish players made a mistake there, of course a goal.
    First of all Arter is reversed with a finn who outmuscled him, then Molumby and Brady are overcome by the same Viking opponent, that is so that one guy beats three of us! Three of us (Arter, Molumby and Brady), Brady in a last attempt, taps the ball towards Duffy, on the way there Puuki intercepts that back pass, and puts a deep pass through between the gap of Doherty (who does not run to his guy ) And Duffy who stands still asking for an off-side!
    Then Egan has to go out to cross diagonally back, in a rush,,,,but he cannot cut the low pass at the ground level towards the far post, Stevens does not realize that he has a guy behind, who is lurking and beats his positioning, he anticipates Stevens ... and he puts it to the bottom of the net.

six player in my opinion made a mistake....arter, molumby, brady, doherty, duffy, stevens. Egan in a lesser extent

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I got this far into Google translate before breaking my ass laughing

"First Arter is reversed with a Finn, then Molumby and Brady are overcome by the same Viking "

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

Love this. This isn't actually a Google translate job. It's perfect Spanish. I can't stop laughing.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    First of all Arter is reversed with a finn who outmuscled him, then Molumby and Brady are overcome by the same Viking opponent, that is so that one guy beats three of us! Three of us (Arter, Molumby and Brady), Brady in a last attempt, taps the ball towards Duffy, on the way there Puuki intercepts that back pass, and puts a deep pass through between the gap of Doherty (who does not run to his guy ) And Duffy who stands still asking for an off-side!
    Then Egan has to go out to cross diagonally back, in a rush,,,,but he cannot cut the low pass at the ground level towards the far post, Stevens does not realize that he has a guy behind, who is lurking and beats his positioning, he anticipates Stevens ... and he puts it to the bottom of the net.

six player in my opinion made a mistake....arter, molumby, brady, doherty, duffy, stevens. Egan in a lesser extent
    Finn's aren't Vikings. Or scanadavian for that matter.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast