Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Complain to UEFA/Israeli FA

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts

Complain to UEFA/Israeli FA

Note to start - if moderators think this is going too far, feel free to delete this thread. (I'm heading out to the Faroes tomorrow and won't be around to do so). I can't see it causing any offence, but just in case...

I, like many others (a four-page thread springing up in two hours is quite impressive) was disgusted at a) the referee and b) the Israeli goalkeeper tonight. It's not the first time we've seen keepers acting up like that in Lansdowne, and the referee refused to stamp it out the first couple of times by booking him as he should have.

I would urge all fans to complain (NOTE - "complain" does not need to resort to foul language or references to the Palestinian situation) to the Israeli FA by expressing your views through this contact form on the Israeli FA website and to UEFA (about the referee and the keeper) at Info@UEFA.com. I will ask the FAI to consider lodging an official complaint over the matter as well, as this will carry more weight than fans' views.

UEFA have been standing off this issue for far too long (how many times have we seen it now?) - it is time they clamped down on cheats like this. I honestly don't see anything coming of this, but I see absolutely no value in tolerating such shameful antics and letting other nations believe these are within the boundaries of fair play without some form of complaint.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nice one!! WE BELIEVE!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I will be sending a letter of complant and have urged others on Shelbournes official message board to do so,and i urge people reading this to do so aswell.

Was i the only person who saw a member of the Israeli coaching staff beside the goal in the second half,he was there for about 10 minutes and was conversing with that ****ing cheat of a goalkeeper,while the game was being played.I'm not to sure of the rules but i know this is not allowed and no he wasn't the physio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It happens in every country in the world get over it for fcuk sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right. Do you really think this will make any difference ? Let's stay realistic. I have often seen my team get bullied by the referee, and I have a few times written angry letters to the press. Even the one time it got published, it didn't change a single thing.

It happens everywhere, this time Ireland is the victim. Sad, but we cannot change anything about it... I think this is a waste of energy, but then if it makes you feel better it can also never do any harm. Just don't think it will make the UEFA decide to replay the game or so, they will never ever ignore the referee's decision because of fans' angry letters.

and if you do write the Israeli FA, please include an apology for those Palestine flags in Lansdowne that shouldn't have been there.
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Every time I try to send it to this e-mail address I end up losing my connection and it does'nt send, I have broadband so I should'nt lose the connection, anyone know what's happening?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Right. Do you really think this will make any difference ? Let's stay realistic. I have often seen my team get bullied by the referee, and I have a few times written angry letters to the press. Even the one time it got published, it didn't change a single thing.

It happens everywhere, this time Ireland is the victim. Sad, but we cannot change anything about it... I think this is a waste of energy, but then if it makes you feel better it can also never do any harm. Just don't think it will make the UEFA decide to replay the game or so, they will never ever ignore the referee's decision because of fans' angry letters.

and if you do write the Israeli FA, please include an apology for those Palestine flags in Lansdowne that shouldn't have been there.
    **** off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Less of that, D2 Red. If you have a problem with Gerrit's posts, then say what it is rather than telling him/her where to go. You were exceedingly lucky not to get a ban for some pretty outrageous comments on here last night, so - trust me on this - don't push it.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sent a simple message to the Israeli Fa apaluding their spririt and determination which was embarassingly compromised by the antics of Aouate
    and posed the questioned if they continued to represent their country in such a poor way would they ever be considered more that just a mediocre side.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    i congratulated them on their draw, said they performed mightily to come back from 2-0 down but that Awat was a terrible blot on an otherwise sporting encounter

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    i have written to both pineapple stu, , poor UEFA, they got a long email from me , all polite and decent though. Wish we had Anders Frisk as ref for this game, please come back anders, he was the business, he would have scolded that keeper immediately.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Every time I try to send it to this e-mail address I end up losing my connection and it does'nt send, I have broadband so I should'nt lose the connection, anyone know what's happening?
    eh...actually mine has been hovering on another page for a few mins now too.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads its not the keeper we should complain about. FIFA have implemented rules on time-wasting and six seconds for keepers etc. Its down to the refs to interpret and implement.

We should complain about the ref but NOT to overturn Andy O'Briens red or anything but to simply stop that ref being given a top international match ever again as he is not up to it.

Most refs nowadays think they are Collina/Frisk/Maier/Nielsen and want to make a name for themselves. No such thing as bad PR etc.