Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good wins today for glen and glenthorn and blarney street.only getting to see this now . Glen should be OK with their tie up with abtran and the new management thats takeing over as well. Glenthorn motoring well too as are bohs. But even at this early stage coachford the team to beat.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    Good wins today for glen and glenthorn and blarney street.only getting to see this now . Glen should be OK with their tie up with abtran and the new management thats takeing over as well. Glenthorn motoring well too as are bohs. But even at this early stage coachford the team to beat.
    Surprised blarney street haven’t been winning games by more. Lots of people called for them to go In at a higher level.

Only beat what is infront if you I suppose.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Surprised blarney street haven’t been winning games by more. Lots of people called for them to go In at a higher level.

I would agree with you there but with such a big squad I think there probably giveing all players a run.when they get there ist choice 11 sorted i think results will be far more impressive..same applies to glenthorn when they gell

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Here's hoping blarney st have a great year and it don't matter how many goals you get you could win 9/0 you still only get 3 points ..great to see them back and involved.fine club like kilumney are never a push over and beating till the whistle sounds.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 20/09/2020 at 12:52 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

That manager of theirs is letting the players down from what I hear..babbsy is the brains behind the operation there

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sounds a bit harsh chief scout to be fair.they are still unbeaten and their manager enjoyed quiet a bit of success with knocknaheeny before takeing blarney street job. If team wasn't winning and not performing it would be a different story .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Sounds a bit harsh chief scout to be fair.they are still unbeaten and their manager enjoyed quiet a bit of success with knocknaheeny before takeing blarney street job. If team wasn't winning and not performing it would be a different story .
    Only going on what is being said from within the camp.a bluffer was the word used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Every manager is a bluffer sure. The glen won so let’s concentrate on stirring ****e up in blarney street. I’m dreading when we start losing.

9. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well a buffer who's team has 12 out of 12 is ok in my oppinion . Winning and putting points on the league table is what its all about.plenty of buffers around who can't buy a win chief scout in fairness.. only problem i see at blarney street is keeping all the players happy in that group.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I would agree with you there but with such a big squad I think there probably giveing all players a run.when they get there ist choice 11 sorted i think results will be far more impressive..same applies to glenthorn when they gell
    Have heard that its been best team available so far and no variation. Which id agree with you just cant leave the likes of king cambridge butt on the bench for the weaker players who are the subs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Well a buffer who's team has 12 out of 12 is ok in my oppinion . Winning and putting points on the league table is what its all about.plenty of buffers around who can't buy a win chief scout in fairness.. only problem i see at blarney street is keeping all the players happy in that group.
    Played nobody.any manager worth his salt would have 12 points with them players

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Played nobody.any manager worth his salt would have 12 points with them players
    Hes another Lampard.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Cork football is so strong on foot.ie so many experts you can see just why we do so well in the mjc and fai junior .great club is the street and they will have a right laugh at who is knocking them ������.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 20/09/2020 at 6:20 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads bottom.line is no matter who is in charge up in blarney street ,they have 12 points from12..you cant ask for anymore . Great to see them back in football .A plus for the aul with all the teams that have gone.yes you could argue that maybe they should have been put in div 1 ..but that didn't happen . I also think that as season goes on they will get better and will beat teams in divisions above them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Lads bottom.line is no matter who is in charge up in blarney street ,they have 12 points from12..you cant ask for anymore . Great to see them back in football .A plus for the aul with all the teams that have gone.yes you could argue that maybe they should have been put in div 1 ..but that didn't happen . I also think that as season goes on they will get better and will beat teams in divisions above them.
    Any report on call centre fc v grattan yesterday?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Cork football is so strong on foot.ie so many experts you can see just why we do so well in the mjc and fai junior .great club is the street and they will have a right laugh at who is knocking them ������.
    How can you say great club? They've had no team for years, no underage, no pitch? In my eyes they're just a team put together and in another few years will fall away yet again. Not an attack on them just an opinion but teams like this are exactly why the AUL is in such demise. Clubs are forever keeping a team together to fulfil fixtures and league campaigns trying to build and when the going gets tough, these teams take a "break" for a few years instead of gritting there teeth and struggling on. Packing a team then for a year or two's success, the AUL is finished any club left with an underage structure will soon leave for MSL as well

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    How can you say great club? They've had no team for years, no underage, no pitch? In my eyes they're just a team put together and in another few years will fall away yet again. Not an attack on them just an opinion but teams like this are exactly why the AUL is in such demise. Clubs are forever keeping a team together to fulfil fixtures and league campaigns trying to build and when the going gets tough, these teams take a "break" for a few years instead of gritting there teeth and struggling on. Packing a team then for a year or two's success, the AUL is finished any club left with an underage structure will soon leave for MSL as well
    Great post and I don’t think many could argue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It is an excellent post and some very valid points but only thing I would say is 90% of theteams in the aul are teams not clubs and that is the reason they struggle to keep going as they have no conveyer belt of players to replace the older guys.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    The Thomson's put there heart and soul into that club let's be fair and had a good club for over 20 years that deserves some credit ..but I do agree with most of what you say...but come on founded by the family chaired by father then son the daughter had a roll at one stage and 2 Thompson s are players / turned refs no recognition for ther contribution to cork football .
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 21/09/2020 at 11:23 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    It is an excellent post and some very valid points but only thing I would say is 90% of theteams in the aul are teams not clubs and that is the reason they struggle to keep going as they have no conveyer belt of players to replace the older guys.
    Exactly, that's what makes a club, bringing fellas on to take the place of those who served the club's so well. Basically it's what the shipping league was 15 years ago now. They are doing some superb work on there side of things, maybe an amalgamation might help sustain what is left but as it stands they're running a ship so well they won't want to tarnish the work they've done by joining forces with the dinosaurs. It's a testament to the gaa when it comes to transfers to other clubs, hence the loyalty. The lads that do play GAA will always go back and play with teams from there roots. No such thing in soccer which is sad to see especially when majority of players grew up getting great service and guidance from.a club only for fellas to turn there heads every second season. Something has to be done

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast