Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can't see the motivation for lads to be running a pre season in December for 2-3 weeks. Fair play to those who do. If it was possible to have a set date on return then yes but without it, it's tough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If we get going early in 2021 and you scrap the National Cups you won’t be too far behind once you get to the long nights you will fly threw games.

Steve’s idea of going threw the divisional cups is good in so far as you would see completions finished and silverware won.

The only thing is some teams are already out of these competitions so I would imagine the aul wouldn’t be in favour of going back and not having sone clubs being able to play games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    If we get going early in 2021 and you scrap the National Cups you won’t be too far behind once you get to the long nights you will fly threw games.

Steve’s idea of going threw the divisional cups is good in so far as you would see completions finished and silverware won.

The only thing is some teams are already out of these competitions so I would imagine the aul wouldn’t be in favour of going back and not having sone clubs being able to play games
    But teams not in the hunt for league title would struggle to field teams ..so the integrity of the league would be a question.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Could play champions league style cup games with groups and later rounds been knockout.

I agree with the December and lack of motivation for hard running.

I know fellas say the standard is lower then before but you’d miss it all the same 🤣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    But teams not in the hunt for league title would struggle to field teams ..so the integrity of the league would be a question.
    I suppose ultimately you are correct ,but surely at this stage every club still has something to play for be it promotion or relegation.

And to be fair most years towards the end of the season the teams that aren’t going well struggle to field teams

I just don’t think the AUL can go back to their clubs and say sorry your season is over because you got knocked out in the first round of your cup they would be opening an awful can of worms not to mind all the transfers that would follow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The season will finish, fellas give out about the aul committee there is no way they wont get them leagues played even if every team has to play three times a week in april. There were often teams going into February with less league games played as they have now. Have some faith lads Ted didnt get a big job for his looks alone, the man knows how to get things done

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718