Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Can't see the motivation for lads to be running a pre season in December for 2-3 weeks. Fair play to those who do. If it was possible to have a set date on return then yes but without it, it's tough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If we get going early in 2021 and you scrap the National Cups you won’t be too far behind once you get to the long nights you will fly threw games.

Steve’s idea of going threw the divisional cups is good in so far as you would see completions finished and silverware won.

The only thing is some teams are already out of these competitions so I would imagine the aul wouldn’t be in favour of going back and not having sone clubs being able to play games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    If we get going early in 2021 and you scrap the National Cups you won’t be too far behind once you get to the long nights you will fly threw games.

Steve’s idea of going threw the divisional cups is good in so far as you would see completions finished and silverware won.

The only thing is some teams are already out of these competitions so I would imagine the aul wouldn’t be in favour of going back and not having sone clubs being able to play games
    But teams not in the hunt for league title would struggle to field teams ..so the integrity of the league would be a question.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Could play champions league style cup games with groups and later rounds been knockout.

I agree with the December and lack of motivation for hard running.

I know fellas say the standard is lower then before but you’d miss it all the same 🤣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    But teams not in the hunt for league title would struggle to field teams ..so the integrity of the league would be a question.
    I suppose ultimately you are correct ,but surely at this stage every club still has something to play for be it promotion or relegation.

And to be fair most years towards the end of the season the teams that aren’t going well struggle to field teams

I just don’t think the AUL can go back to their clubs and say sorry your season is over because you got knocked out in the first round of your cup they would be opening an awful can of worms not to mind all the transfers that would follow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The season will finish, fellas give out about the aul committee there is no way they wont get them leagues played even if every team has to play three times a week in april. There were often teams going into February with less league games played as they have now. Have some faith lads Ted didnt get a big job for his looks alone, the man knows how to get things done

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Let’s all just hope that we are fortunate enough to get back playing early next year, I’m sure all cups and leagues can be completed if we do. If the weather stayed ok from January-March we would fly through the games. That’s a big if I suppose!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads, All those clubs outside prem/prem A losing divisional cups in first round go into the draw for the Corinthians cup, so still a trophy to chase.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Lads, All those clubs outside prem/prem A losing divisional cups in first round go into the draw for the Corinthians cup, so still a trophy to chase.
    What going on in sports is stupid look at gaa clare v Limerick common sense you play in one of those countries ..gas gaa sends both in to tipp to semple stadium .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly said may go into Level II at the start of December which includes matches and spectators.

Should there be a fixture list immediately for the first weekend?

It may also coincide with peoples first weekend of socializing! Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly said may go into Level II at the start of December which includes matches and spectators.

Should there be a fixture list immediately for the first weekend?

It may also coincide with peoples first weekend of socializing! Thoughts?
    I suppose theyll have to get going straight away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Be great if it happened weather will play a big part.
    If we were playing would have been very little games over the last 3 weekends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    The season will finish, fellas give out about the aul committee there is no way they wont get them leagues played even if every team has to play three times a week in april. There were often teams going into February with less league games played as they have now. Have some faith lads Ted didnt get a big job for his looks alone, the man knows how to get things done
    I think it is a bit early to say if the season will finish or not. If a vaccine proves effective there might actually be some chance of returning to normal ( I am not going to get into an argument about vaccines here) . If there is no vaccine we will be in and out of lockdowns for god knows how long.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Looking like return to non contact training next week. hopefully games will not be too fare behind!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Looking like return to non contact training next week. hopefully games will not be too fare behind!
    They will be no game in aul till January if wer lucky ..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    With yesterdays news the chances of seeing out the season is going to be almost impossible now? anyone else agree?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localledgend View Post
    With yesterdays news the chances of seeing out the season is going to be almost impossible now? anyone else agree?
    Will mostly likely have to be either scrapped and switch to summer football (unlikely) players or run a shortened season. No way they cancel another season till the summer again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dr. football;2059522]Will mostly likely have to be either scrapped and switch to summer football (unlikely) players or run a shortened season. No way they cancel another season till the summer again.

Need to wait and see what FAI announcement is. I hear they are waiting till they meet with the government before making announcement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The news the last day wasn’t great.
    But looking at realistically this time of the year there is little to no games played taking out the all weathers.
    Most club’s will do well to have 4 games played between November and February.

So if we get back mid February we will Have to go on longer than normal but we will have the option to play twice in week for a lot of it.
    You won’t be long catching up.

I think the majority would favour that rather than waiting until August

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    We can near assume we won't be out of a Level 3 with no games anytime soon.

AUL wise, I'd be glad of scrapping all cups and playing leagues in March April & May.

I think people need a gap in June regardless before coming back, last years dragged out scenario was not good.

Any clubs going back training now may struggle with fundraising or come in to difficulty later on money wise if they didn't get in what they'd normally would in 2020. I don't see any scenario being good at all.

I wonder will some just pack it in all together.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast