Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveymac89 View Post
    Ive no problem and was talking to him before the game. Shin guard broken? Come on happened in front of me. Ball won. Doesnt excuse him calling bohs line and the ref a spastic and get less than previous offenders. 6-8 is the usual ban. Or am i wrong here?
    Yup shin pad was halfed 100% .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Yup shin pad was halfed 100% .
    So he got a kick on his shinguard that probably from the sounds of it here have been through the wars and the 4 or 5 millimetre piece of plastic broke so what! football is a contact sport you expect little kicks and bumps here and there. I dont think that gives him the right to verbally abuse the referee if he felt hard done by. Out of interest did he get up and walk after? Was there an ambulance called for his "injury"?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    So he got a kick on his shinguard that probably from the sounds of it here have been through the wars and the 4 or 5 millimetre piece of plastic broke so what! football is a contact sport you expect little kicks and bumps here and there. I dont think that gives him the right to verbally abuse the referee if he felt hard done by. Out of interest did he get up and walk after? Was there an ambulance called for his "injury"?
    Maybe if he kept his mouth shut people wouldn't be snapping his shin guards or be on here either slating him or his buddys defending him and making him out to be a saint and a great player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    Spoken by a ref with an agenda like the whole lot of you.now there's an organisation that needs an overhaul and an independent body to put it right.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 28/09/2020 at 7:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Spoken by a ref with an agenda like the whole lot of you.now there's an organisation that needs an overhaul and an independent body to put it right.
    strange comments to make about me haha i only gave my opinion on whats being said

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    All I will say on this is bar shut down garry will be back in action in 4 weeks and glen celtics loss will certainly be glenthorns gain and the goals will come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    All I will say on this is bar shut down garry will be back in action in 4 weeks and glen celtics loss will certainly be glenthorns gain and the goals will come.
    Cant argue with that if its four games he got

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Sure everyone knows that ...and you would stress that in fairness.lets take the convo away from the glen your sour grapes is killing a good thread.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 28/09/2020 at 9:29 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Shur its only what most people would say in fairness he is a goal scoring machine . Ive no sour grapes whatsoever just stateing a fact but its seems every time glen gets mentioned on here ..your on like a shot as their minder. If garry was with any other team I would say exact same thing. Glen will survive with out garry and from what I've seen they have turned a corner after their poor start and fair play to them
    Last edited by Str8fromthebeek; 28/09/2020 at 9:38 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    what way does this amalgamation between Glen and Abtran work?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Was always going to happen.
    We will be doing well to get this weekends games played.
    Could see at least a 6 week break coming
    What are teams going too do if this happens? Its looking likely a break is coming. you would hope the leagues will just set a re start date for new year and teams can get a mini pre season in. Lads arent going too train with no games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post

Not 100% amalgamation, more like manger and some of the better players from Abtran have signed for the glen.

Abtran still have a team in the CBL, just wont be as strong as last year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pass pass pass View Post
    What are teams going too do if this happens? Its looking likely a break is coming. you would hope the leagues will just set a re start date for new year and teams can get a mini pre season in. Lads arent going too train with no games
    if break does come clubs can keep training, agree might be hard to keep fellas interested if no games but if pubs and everything are closed fellas might have nothing else to do!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    From what I can gather whoever's is suspended will work weekends in abtran so be none of the usual carry on from line

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think if there is a stopage the munster junior and FAI junior Cup will fall by the wayside . Just a resumption of league and local cups when time is right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    You would think if a break comes it will be for a minimum of 6 weeks and going by numbered we could be there by Friday.
    That would take us into November and then bad weather will play a part.

Unless there is a change in how the guidelines work could be a long winter.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Shur its only what most people would say in fairness he is a goal scoring machine . Ive no sour grapes whatsoever just stateing a fact but its seems every time glen gets mentioned on here ..your on like a shot as their minder. If garry was with any other team I would say exact same thing. Glen will survive with out garry and from what I've seen they have turned a corner after their poor start and fair play to them
    Thanking your own posts ha ha ..lads let's get back to the refs at the end of the day it's them who make the money in football for the aul and themselves

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Mint what in the name off god are you talking about thanking my own post. I made a statement a personal one at that and it was to everyone who posts on here I thanked no one whatsoever.actually I'm on this about 4 or 5 weeks and never thanked anyone.also its very easy to slam.reffs on here but be careful what you wish for as there is a huge shortage of them in all leagues. Also it seems those who have had run ins with them are those who criticise them.clubs over a season get decisions for and against them and get on with it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Not 100% amalgamation, more like manger and some of the better players from Abtran have signed for the glen.

Abtran still have a team in the CBL, just wont be as strong as last year.
    That makes more sense. Was wondering how an amalgamation would work with fellas already registered for the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    From what I can gather whoever's is suspended will work weekends in abtran so be none of the usual carry on from line
    Haha! That will be most of the team. Abtran wouldn’t be the quietest lads either on a football pitch.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast