Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Can’t see the glen lasting much longer if these results keep up. Fellas sent off every week, other clubs in the north side going well might be a few jump ship. A sinking ship by the looks of it too.
    Yes ..2 years ago we played that glen side more times than anyone , and more often than not we got walloped .this season first game they were very poor total indiscipline and constantly on to referee, same reff that 2 years previous denied us two stone wall penalties in michaels Cup q final. Think players and current management have a lot to answer for here .glen were well ahead in their league before covid and guaranteed promotion with village . Why then do players want to change that...well they got their change and look.whats happened now ..be careful what you ask for as it can come back to bite you.
    Grass is not always greener on other side. Thats my personal take on this..
    Last edited by Str8fromthebeek; 13/09/2020 at 6:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Don’t no much about the dealings with management, only from on here. With a team full a stars hard to see how a manager can have such a big impact. Something must be wrong though. Heard 3 names mentioned to be gone after this weekend I won’t name them because someone gave out to me on here over been to personal. So I’ll leave it at that.
    Thats just it Football, No longer a team of stars, some are gone , only a few left and those stars are no longer shedding too much light.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Lads are they not missing loads through injury. I’m not too sure now but I heard they had no one on the bench and had to play fellas that won’t be playing when everyone is available. Coachford will be the scalp everyone will be chasing I think. Grattan don’t concede 4 goals too often really impressive result. Well done to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    Lads are they not missing loads through injury. I’m not too sure now but I heard they had no one on the bench and had to play fellas that won’t be playing when everyone is available. Coachford will be the scalp everyone will be chasing I think. Grattan don’t concede 4 goals too often really impressive result. Well done to them.
    The 3 I hear are gone we’re playing Saturday......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Injuries not an issue at all. 2 games in a row they had 12 or 13..since last season they have lost about 10 or 12 im hearing ..my x manager said there not a patch on last year and year before side . Steve mulryan an x senior player is with dunbar ..mark nolan in middle serious player thats just to name two. Could fold and that would be a diaster for both league and glen club too. Watched a games live stream.earlier Springfield v corkbeg . Well done to all concerned Springfield had very good win.excellent commentary as well.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nothing to do with injuries Goal achio, thats a smoke screen. Missing through suspensions more accurate and the exodus of players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    Injuries not an issue at all. 2 games in a row they had 12 or 13..since last season they have lost about 10 or 12 im hearing ..my x manager said there not a patch on last year and year before side . Steve mulryan an x senior player is with dunbar ..mark nolan in middle serious player thats just to name two. Could fold and that would be a diaster for both league and glen club too. Watched a games live stream.earlier Springfield v corkbeg . Well done to all concerned Springfield had very good win.excellent commentary as well.

Fair play seems to be a really togetherness with the 3 clubs in Cobh. Springfield, wanders and ramblers.

Also a team I tipped from the start they have a great side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    But lads it's only 3 games in and now fellas are on about them folding, fellas would want to relax a small bit. Granted they need to sort themselves out but there are 15 more games to play plenty time for them to turn it around and irrelevant to what has gone on up there there is still a great bunch of guys up there who dont need to be looking at the glen bashing on this every week. Fair play to bohs who have now one all 3 games. Nothing about bohs being good it's all about the glen being bad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    But lads it's only 3 games in and now fellas are on about them folding, fellas would want to relax a small bit. Granted they need to sort themselves out but there are 15 more games to play plenty time for them to turn it around and irrelevant to what has gone on up there there is still a great bunch of guys up there who dont need to be looking at the glen bashing on this every week. Fair play to bohs who have now one all 3 games. Nothing about bohs being good it's all about the glen being bad
    Bohs have recruited well and playing good football too.spoke to x league of Ireland player who was at game v glen and said bohs were very impressive.also well done to your own side ucc great win away to cathedral. Excellent start for yee
    Last edited by Str8fromthebeek; 13/09/2020 at 9:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Bohs good side and it was mentioned above it’s between them thorn and Coachford.

I think it’s the manor that the glen are been beaten. Players sent off every week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Don't see how anyone can defend the Glen. Language at refs, constant abuse and losing the plot. On the line and on pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Yes we had an excellent result and we are doing very well. There is another 15 games to go so there is loads of twists and turns before the season is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Supposedly the same player is off to glenthorn. Great player but why would ya want that **** at your club. What he called the ref sat is a 6-8 game ban. Disgraceful carry on. Some great players and people involved in glen celtic. They have a few decisions to make

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If he said what is being suggested and the ref puts it i the report then it’s 8 games and they are very strict On it.
    There is a chance he won’t see a game until the new year if the weather gets anyway poor

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveymac89 View Post
    Supposedly the same player is off to glenthorn. Great player but why would ya want that **** at your club. What he called the ref sat is a 6-8 game ban. Disgraceful carry on. Some great players and people involved in glen celtic. They have a few decisions to make
    From what we are seeing and hearing dave ,it looks like they made a horrendous decision replacing management of previous year. And it also looks like the clubs no 1 fan and supporter who seems to have the inside trake steve silvermint is gone to ground.
    He may be eating some humble pie

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Well this is getting interesting I think a few of the new posters might be ex members of management of Glen Celtic? Seems to be all they want to talk about. The players voted them out. if the players didnt want them and now arent doing anything to help the new management maybe the players are the issue?
    Last edited by JaketheSnake; 14/09/2020 at 2:56 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Well this is getting interesting I think a few of the new posters might be ex members of management of Glen Celtic? Seems to be all they want to talk about. The players voted them out. if the players didnt want them and now arent doing anything to help the new management maybe the players are the issue?
    You could be right jake but from my observations here ive seen 4 or 5 people comment on glens demise so not just previous management.from my own point of view ive only had interest in Premier league because of my last club are now in there because of the teams that went senior , but your point is an interesting one..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    From what we are seeing and hearing dave ,it looks like they made a horrendous decision replacing management of previous year. And it also looks like the clubs no 1 fan and supporter who seems to have the inside trake steve silvermint is gone to ground.
    He may be eating some humble pie
    No humble pie with me why would they be ..beat your own trumpet all you want everyone know whos who on here ..the glen won't fold and will be fine ..to the poisen posters your courage is top class .back in premiere was always going to be hard .nothing to do with management as you keep reference to justify the changes that were made . enjoy the retirement.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 14/09/2020 at 5:04 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Welcome back Jake. Are you on for silvermint? Of course it's the players, it could never be the management. 😀. The reason everyone is talking about them is that they continue to make the headlines for all the wrong reasons week in week out, not just on this forum but in every chat about the weekends games and we're only 3 games in! I cant wait for the next game!
    Ps. I'm not or haven't been connected to the Glen but I do know lads who are/were.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The side kick grows a backbone go on lad drive the knife in .3 games in there s work to be done and they know it..when your down in football it keeps kicking you then it's turns and you know how it turns luck just luck .
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 14/09/2020 at 5:29 PM.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast