Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Big up to your honesty best of luck for the season..great football man .
    New to this guys ..gave up playing last season but still have interest in local football..sad to see cork aul falling away year after year..would it not be time for aul and msl to all go under same umbrella. Just a thought

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    That should be a cracker up the Fairfield I might go up myself. Delighted to see blackstone turn a corner. And Steve there is no doubt about it Coachford are the team to beat but there is only one team with the fire power to catch them and the glen boys could upset the fairytale aul ending
    Early in the season to be talking about teams leaving. (Presume that’s what is meant by fairytale ending? ) spoke to someone in coachford last season and said they had no Interest in moving, that was then I suppose things change.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Early in the season to be talking about teams leaving. (Presume that’s what is meant by fairytale ending? ) spoke to someone in coachford last season and said they had no Interest in moving, that was then I suppose things change.
    100% will be going ..have everything thing in place ground..players ..teams and most of all commitment on and off the pitch great club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    100% will be going ..have everything thing in place ground..players ..teams and most of all commitment on and off the pitch great club.

That’s nothing new though the club has been like that for years.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Reaping the benefits of good under age structure now, some great young players in their squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I was under the impression that coachford were 100% gone end of the season. Huge loss to aul as the league has lost too many of the big hitters over the last 6-7 years . I hope they dont go as ye have said super club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Grattan 1 nil again. They are back to there best fair play

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Reaping the benefits of good under age structure now, some great young players in their squad.
    Went through a lull after winning premier for a spell then a restructure .. winning the mossy set them on this path now .but all teams can be beaten .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    Grattan 1 nil again. They are back to there best fair play

Another win for Bohs too. Springfield and Dunbar was 2 all a cracker by all accounts, called it last week but unfortunately never got to it

What are the stand outs for people tomorrow?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Another win for Bohs too. Springfield and Dunbar was 2 all a cracker by all accounts, called it last week but unfortunately never got to it

What are the stand outs for people tomorrow?
    Temple..v glen ..village v glenthorn ..the standouts id say

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Few surprises in score lines this morning to say the least. Anyone see any games?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Few surprises in score lines this morning to say the least. Anyone see any games?
    Not really surprises..village were down players sent off from.last week. And glenthorn played very well . I took that game in .. Glen beaten not a huge surprise as no garry nolan and seem to have lost players. Crescent good win away to Blackpool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Have to say shocked at glen result. Heard they had two sent off, whether there is any truth in that I don’t know. No doubt they will sort themselves out but it’s a bad start. Grattan b big result against parkview. They had a great pre season so that tells me grattan b must be strong

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Don't no why people are so shocked,they really struggled when they came up against premier opposition last year..The glen team now is nothing like the Glen teams of old..its going to be a tough year for them..if they had anything about them they would be beating temple and city wanderers at their ease..

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Agh Jesus they have a serious squad. Anyone would love a squad like that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Glen have Talent all over the field tbf. Two poor results, coachford showed how poor city wanders are Thursday night. Glen were and should be challenging Coachford. Early days though lots a ball to be played.

Long range forecast for September and October is meant to be dry so hopefully we get loads a games!

Hopefully government relax the behind doors bs too

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Thats just it Goal-achio, the Glen no longer have a serious squad. More players have left in the last week aswell. 2 more sent off today means they will be on bare bones next week. Not getting in a dig, just stating facts.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Thats just it Goal-achio, the Glen no longer have a serious squad. More players have left in the last week aswell. 2 more sent off today means they will be on bare bones next week. Not getting in a dig, just stating facts.
    Incorrect and you know it ..your having a dig ..the quicker you find a club the better you might get off the glens back .the core of that side from last year and year before are still there.so don't make out people left over management.so wat a football game was lost ..we are in a pandemic whos worried.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 06/09/2020 at 8:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Incorrect and you know it ..your having a dig ..the quicker you find a club the better you might get off the glens back .the core of that side from last year and year before are still there.so don't make out people left over management.so wat a football game was lost ..we are in a pandemic whos worried.
    He can’t stay off their back. He says a lot of the same stuff as a person i spoke to a few times of recent so he’s either buddies with one of the old glen men or is. No point in continue to slate the players or team if so.

They have lost a few players. Still have a team that shouldn’t struggle but too many players get a way being there one week and away the next.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I can ask my guy to give me a list of names if you want He reckons at least 8 or 9 gone from last years squad , and yes, because of management. He has no reason to make stuff up. I have no beef with the Glen, but any critical comment by me is dived on by you. No response to Local Ledgends comments?? Reality is the Glen are fading.
    PS. Dont need a club, havent had a club since playing career finished and no intention of going into management either. Not my scene .

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast