Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Another season surely to be cancelled now on foot of the governments announcement.

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    I think it is a bit early to say if the season will finish or not. If a vaccine proves effective there might actually be some chance of returning to normal ( I am not going to get into an argument about vaccines here) . If there is no vaccine we will be in and out of lockdowns for god knows how long.
    I should have done the Lotto the day I posted that This season is a write off. Be lucky at the rate they are rolling out vaccines if there is a new season to start in September. Most of the players would be in the last age bracket to be vaccinated .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I should have done the Lotto the day I posted that This season is a write off. Be lucky at the rate they are rolling out vaccines if there is a new season to start in September. Most of the players would be in the last age bracket to be vaccinated .

Only hope is once over 50s are vaccinated we might get back to normal. Looking back you’d have to say starting again was a mistake should of tried finish out. I know easy to say this now just hope AUL Can keep around the 50 team mark and have the 5 divisions again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    ItS very disappointing to see last year go and this year looking highly unlikely especially when the gaa look like they won’t miss out on any championship.

Ultimately the FAI will provide the governance on this but the belief is there will be some return Mid May.

If the season is to go I think once off tournaments should be set up by the AUL within the divisions between May and August.
    In groups of 4s or 5s depending on on the size the divisions played on a round robin basis have quarter finals, semi finals and a final.

I know not ideal but it would be something for lads to look forward to and feel they get something for their membership.
    Clubs have spent enough over the last 2 seasons and would be nice to have something to show for it anyway.

Not ideal but an idea.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Cannot see anything happening in regards amateur sport. I think a lot of teams in the aul wont return after this. I am speaking about the one team clubs that dont own their own grounds. Can see a lot of them throwing in the towel.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    European super league is a little like all the big AUL clubs jumping to the MSL 😂

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Cannot see anything happening in regards amateur sport. I think a lot of teams in the aul wont return after this. I am speaking about the one team clubs that dont own their own grounds. Can see a lot of them throwing in the towel.
    Most of the teams in the AUL so?

Will lose a few most definitely, a few will probably go MSL but I’m sure a few new clubs might appear also.

Yes standard is dropping, yes the numbers are dropping but I think AUL. Will survive this and bring us all joy back into our lives again(or pain haha)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Will the aul try and get the league games finished in june?? Could you play 2-3 games a week

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    Will the aul try and get the league games finished in june?? Could you play 2-3 games a week
    Cannot see the point of finishing this season. Would be better off cancelling it and trying again for early August. Teams will need time to get reorganised. Some players will have quit etc.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    It wouldnt b a bad idea if fai junior cup and mjc wer scrapped next season just for 1 season and we just concentrate on our own league and cups instead of playing in them competition and we might have an equal and fair season instead of teams having 10 games left if they go far in them competition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I suppose they must be given it consideration to finishing it because they would have cancelled it at this stage otherwise.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    I suppose they must be given it consideration to finishing it because they would have cancelled it at this stage otherwise.
    If the story’s are anything to go by, silence might because of a max exodus from the AUL committee.

Personally can’t see any hope for a restart makes no sense, don’t no if any teams will jump to MSL, any teams will fold, any clubs like knocka will reform. What if knocka want to come back in they have to wait until last year is finished? Right last 2 years off start new season week after August bank holiday gives everyone one last weekend off after a pre season and drive on again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The AUL emailed the clubs to say there is no truth whatsoever to the rumours that the league has folded.

On Knocka they will just have to wait if they want back in.
    It was their own decision not to play so they would have to wait and if they want back in I’m sure they can understand that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Kanturk to MSL

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    If the story’s are anything to go by, silence might because of a max exodus from the AUL committee.

Personally can’t see any hope for a restart makes no sense, don’t no if any teams will jump to MSL, any teams will fold, any clubs like knocka will reform. What if knocka want to come back in they have to wait until last year is finished? Right last 2 years off start new season week after August bank holiday gives everyone one last weekend off after a pre season and drive on again.
    MSL commencing in June, writing off this season. Will be the same for AUL you’d imagine. Seems like the most practical thing to do even tho certain people will say the current season should be completed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    MSL commencing in June, writing off this season. Will be the same for AUL you’d imagine. Seems like the most practical thing to do even tho certain people will say the current season should be completed.

Has to be cancelled no way it can or should be finished. 15% of the league complete we 70/80% completed in 19/20 and that was cancelled. Start hopefully around same time as MSL hopefully last time we have to stop

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    Kanturk to MSL
    Hearing a few more of the country teams gone as well . Any club with its own grounds and an underage system would be mad to stay in the AUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If it’s true more teams are gone and going by previous years would seem likely.
    There will be a few cracking divisions in MSL and MJL

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    If it’s true more teams are gone and going by previous years would seem likely.
    There will be a few cracking divisions in MSL and MJL
    I didnt want to name names as could just be rumours. But would think the way things are going there will just be the MSL in a few years and no AUL

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I wonder how long the AUL will go on for. Will it be 'til there are a certain number of teams or when the committee decide to call it a day and not replace themselves?

Business League have been down to two divisions for a few years now.

1 Team AUL clubs would have no alternative but to join the Business League unless a new "brand" began.

It's a pity thinking back of the strength of the AUL in late 00's. Stacked divisions of quality.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast