Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2020/21

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Beek, you have made the mistake of talking about the Glen and silvermint is very touchy on any mention of his ex team. Although he's slow to challenge other posters ?? Glentran will be fine now and the line will surely be a lot calmer. ��

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    You would think if a break comes it will be for a minimum of 6 weeks and going by numbered we could be there by Friday.
    That would take us into November and then bad weather will play a part.

Unless there is a change in how the guidelines work could be a long winter.
    I might be mistaken but isn't the level 3 in Donegal for 3 weeks?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Winter only lasts 3 months every time.so how will this one be longer

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Winter only lasts for 3 months everytime.so how will this one be longer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It is but going by Dublin and Donegal things have gotten worse in Level 3 so they won’t be out in 3 weeks so I assume they will go for 3 more weeks .
    So that where I’m getting 6 from

I just mean the winter will feel very long if we are in semi lockdown with no sport and not much to do bar mind ourselves

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Beek, you have made the mistake of talking about the Glen and silvermint is very touchy on any mention of his ex team. Although he's slow to challenge other posters ?? Glentran will be fine now and the line will surely be a lot calmer. ��
    Let's be clear here football is there are posters on here with multiple accounts and maybe the was and is your problem your to relaxed...be happy friend it's only a past time .. careless get more that's my motto.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ????? If anyone can decipher that gobbledegook , let me know.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Not a clue..can we have vowel please rachel...and a consonant...

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    No up take on the discussion about refs ?? Your alright guys they won't know who's talking about them ...apart from 3 or 4 it's a joke but Ted don't care as it's his primary source of income..must have a body to question some of their antics.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    No up take on the discussion about refs ?? Your alright guys they won't know who's talking about them ...apart from 3 or 4 it's a joke but Ted don't care as it's his primary source of income..must have a body to question some of their antics.
    Are you talking in general or specific refs against certain teams?.we all know there is refs who will go to do certain teams who might aswel book fellas in the dressing room before games..also refs who are leaving schoolboy games to go ref matches in the evening who dont realise grown men will actually tackle with force and have slightly more colourful language

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We could go on about reffs all day lads but the bottom line is there is a huge shortage of them. I myself haven't played in 2 years but always felt over a season decisions for an against you evened out during a season.when they give decisions for ya they are great but worst in world when decisions go against. Im gonna go back to ist game of season glen v wanderers . Glen felt hard done by reff. 2 years previous we felt same denied 2 penalties by same reff in Michaels Cup q final..on other hand last week I see in barry peelos report boscos had to have a penalty re taken for encroachment..jezz lads that doesn't happen a lot in aul football..or am I wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    We could go on about reffs all day lads but the bottom line is there is a huge shortage of them. I myself haven't played in 2 years but always felt over a season decisions for an against you evened out during a season.when they give decisions for ya they are great but worst in world when decisions go against. Im gonna go back to ist game of season glen v wanderers . Glen felt hard done by reff. 2 years previous we felt same denied 2 penalties by same reff in Michaels Cup q final..on other hand last week I see in barry peelos report boscos had to have a penalty re taken for encroachment..jezz lads that doesn't happen a lot in aul football..or am I wrong.
    No one is concerned with what clubs get done you alway example the glen defo agenda driven..I'm talking how they address guys and the manner of approach for payment before games it's like there much sought after professional s and they do pick on certain clubs and individual s...it's only fair because there paid that a body is formed to get more transparency.all we have now are accessed refs by their own mates and the ref is never wrong in their eyes
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 30/09/2020 at 1:39 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    No one is concerned with what clubs get done you alway example the glen defo agenda driven..I'm talking how they address guys and the manner of approach for payment before games it's like there much sought after professional s and they do pick on certain clubs and individual s...it's only fair because there paid that a body is formed to get more transparency.all we have now are accessed refs by their own mates and the ref is never wrong in their eyes
    They will then be taxed on their pay for games and the number of refs will drop again coz to quote one of them "wouldn't be worth the hassle or abuse"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Would you not be tempted to do the Referees course and try change it yourself from the inside or get a look at how they actually operate?
    insert smart comment here:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No agenda at all mint.. only reason I mentioned them was it was the same reff..same teams and on each occasion one of the teams was hard done by ..thats all. . Referees are going to be centre stage all the time and bottom line is we need them or we wont survive.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    No agenda at all mint.. only reason I mentioned them was it was the same reff..same teams and on each occasion one of the teams was hard done by ..thats all. . Referees are going to be centre stage all the time and bottom line is we need them or we wont survive.
    We don't need ther snide remarks either when booking or the chat that goes on outside the game ..we need something to mediate between club and refs body very rearly do a club or player get off and we all seen some cases where the club and players had a case and still got done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    in my opinion 99% of referees are honest decent fellas and probably go out and try to enjoy their game at the weekend like the players and coaches who are 99% of the time decent fellas too...but theres bad f**kers in every walk of life. I wouldnt believe for a second theres conspiracies against certain clubs or players and by and large when these clubs/players get into bother its usually their own doing

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Have to agree with you Fifa, There will always be tough calls with refs having no linesmen etc. Most of the moaners do the same whinging and finger pointing week in week out regardless who the ref is. Easy cop out for their own failings. We could all name them, its just a few.

21. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Have to agree with you Fifa, There will always be tough calls with refs having no linesmen etc. Most of the moaners do the same whinging and finger pointing week in week out regardless who the ref is. Easy cop out for their own failings. We could all name them, its just a few.
    As I said in previous post the leagues need all the reffs they can get . I agree with fifa and Toast the abuse they get from managers and coaches is unreal at times . And its amazeing that the teams who are going well never ever complain about reffs its those who are struggling who look for a scapegoat for their own failings and its reff who gets the brunt of it..

23. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Will see this weekend’s games lads? Not looking good. Personally a break now would kill the momentum most clubs have had 8/10 week pre season and 4/5 league games.

Out of the teams that have games pulled for covid be interesting to see if it has been sprees to more then one player over matches/training. Any no?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast