Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 344

Thread: Perth sacked

  1. #301
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    236
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Would put my house on Healy not going to Dundalk.
    Would be on that and i'd put my home on it too.

    Dundalk need a good LOI manager and Healy is not our man! But i'd take Pat Fenlon away from them(Linfield). Unpopular at Dundalk but could turn out to be just what we need.

  2. #302
    First Team mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    233
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post

    Dundalk need a good LOI manager and Healy is not our man!
    Fenlon does not want to return to management and would not put up with the crap at Dundalk. So who are the good LOI managers that are available? I can't think of any

  3. #303
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    236
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Fenlon does not want to return to management and would not put up with the crap at Dundalk. So who are the good LOI managers that are available? I can't think of any
    I hear you McGonigle. I'm hoping that the long wait for an announcement from the club is a good sign. Seen Gary Rogers had a poll up on Twitter with Duff and Doolin on it. Few others saying Dave Rogers and ..........with Dave 2ic.

    EDIT - dont want Duff or Doolin near the gaff tbh.

  4. #304
    First Team mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    233
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I hear you McGonigle. I'm hoping that the long wait for an announcement from the club is a good sign. Seen Gary Rogers had a poll up on Twitter with Duff and Doolin on it. Few others saying Dave Rogers and ..........with Dave 2ic.

    EDIT - dont want Duff or Doolin near the gaff tbh.
    Agree, Duff has no experience so unless the owners and fans are willing to give him plenty of time it won't work. Doolin has proven he can work with the cream of the league and manage egos while spending big but that was a long time ago, there's a reason he hasn't worked in the league since.

    Rogers, no thanks, so who's left?

    The flip side is that anyone of the names mentioned might turn out to be a good fit. We just have to hope those in charge know the type of person required. Another worry...

  5. #305
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    170
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    A few players went to Belfast to check out the new manager it seems!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  6. #306
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,004
    Thanked in
    679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    A few players went to Belfast to check out the new manager it seems!
    Does a new manager need the players blessing, are they part of the recruitment process? Tail wagging the dog stuff and never works. Not sure there is a better way of undermining a new manager before a ball is kicked than players having a big say in who a club appoints. Clubs appoint someone the players need, not the person the players want or next thing they'll be locking 'The Gaffer' out of changing rooms at half times or picking teams....

  7. #307
    First Team EalingGreen's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,386
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    A few players went to Belfast to check out the new manager it seems!
    Link?

    If true, as Nesta says, that's just bizarre!

    Meanwhile, I wonder did Dundalk ever consider Matthew Tipton (played a few games for them a decade ago)?

    He did ok in his first management job at Warrenpoint (promotion), causing Portadown to appoint him on a 2 1/2 year, p-t contract.

    After another promotion for the Ports, they must be very happy with him, since they've just given him a new 5 year contract on a f-t basis:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57047492

    Oran Kearney's another IL manager who looks to have something about him.

  8. #308
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,226
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    407
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    328
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Have heard suggestions of Perth to Waterford. That'd be jumping from the frying pan into the raging inferno of basket case clubs for him, but doesn't look like he's getting any other offers.

  9. #309
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    170
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Link?

    If true, as Nesta says, that's just bizarre!

    Meanwhile, I wonder did Dundalk ever consider Matthew Tipton (played a few games for them a decade ago)?

    He did ok in his first management job at Warrenpoint (promotion), causing Portadown to appoint him on a 2 1/2 year, p-t contract.

    After another promotion for the Ports, they must be very happy with him, since they've just given him a new 5 year contract on a f-t basis:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57047492

    Oran Kearney's another IL manager who looks to have something about him.
    A few Dundalk players went on the **** in Belfast at the weekend that seemed to irk some fans on twitter, whether they were checking out a new manager is unconfirmed!!!

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #310
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

  12. #311
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,004
    Thanked in
    679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    A few Dundalk players went on the **** in Belfast at the weekend that seemed to irk some fans on twitter, whether they were checking out a new manager is unconfirmed!!!
    Idiotic! They look to be oblivious to the pictures being taken so wonder who the eagle eyed person was that recognised them?

  13. #312
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    170
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Idiotic! They look to be oblivious to the pictures being taken so wonder who the eagle eyed person was that recognised them?
    There's always someone with a camera! Not very clever from them leaving aside how bad their form is just the fact I dont think they were even allowed to travel there by law at the time......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  14. #313
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    561
    Thanked in
    411 Posts
    its the intercounty travel bit that has them in trouble, if there was a picture of DFC players having a few takeaway pints outside a pub in Dundalk for a teambuilding event no one could say boo to them

  15. #314
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    its the intercounty travel bit that has them in trouble, if there was a picture of DFC players having a few takeaway pints outside a pub in Dundalk for a teambuilding event no one could say boo to them
    Unlikely that anyone will say boo to them for their Belfast escapade either.
    Belfast has limited enough charms but I am struggling to understand wtf they were thinking socialising around Shaftsbury Square for their well merited break from on field footballing achievement, if they were in Laverys there really is no hope for that team!!

  16. #315
    First Team EalingGreen's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,386
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    An FAI spokesperson confirmed to BBC Sport NI that the organisation is aware of the matter.

    "We are currently reviewing it with assistance from Dundalk Football Club. We have no further comment to make at this stage," the spokesperson said.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57076969

  17. #316
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,035
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    592
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    NOR has an excellent piece on this Dundalk/Waterford fiasco in todays irish sun. Superb article. I heard mumourings but I didnt fully understand the whole fiasco with Dundalk players. Wonder did JM encourage this as I imagine hes looking for a way out of whole affair I imagine!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  18. #317
    First Team EalingGreen's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,386
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    NOR has an excellent piece on this Dundalk/Waterford fiasco in todays irish sun. Superb article. I heard mumourings but I didnt fully understand the whole fiasco with Dundalk players. Wonder did JM encourage this as I imagine hes looking for a way out of whole affair I imagine!
    I'm surprised Big Jim wasn't up there with them - to claim asylum!

    Though whether that be "mental" or "political" I'm not sure.

    Maybe both?

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #318
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    32,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,785
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,584
    Thanked in
    2,210 Posts
    Thought there was another thread on all things Dundalk - but it seems the Magilton appointment mayn't be set in stone as yet, and the Perth rumours aren't going away.

    Also adds a note on budget cuts -

    Quote Originally Posted by RTÉ
    Cuts to what is the biggest budget in the SSE Airtricity League are expected over the coming months with a number of players expected to be moved on next month.
    Will be interesting to see who leaves - if it was players signed over the pre-season, then that fairly undermines the scouting network.

  21. #319
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,004
    Thanked in
    679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Thought there was another thread on all things Dundalk - but it seems the Magilton appointment mayn't be set in stone as yet, and the Perth rumours aren't going away.

    Also adds a note on budget cuts -


    Will be interesting to see who leaves - if it was players signed over the pre-season, then that fairly undermines the scouting network.
    Scouting network? I hope that was tongue in cheek PS. if it undermines agent(s) offering overpriced players to Bill that could be a good thing!

  22. #320
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    32,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,785
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,584
    Thanked in
    2,210 Posts
    Well I was going to put it in inverted commas but there's a couple of Dundalk fans on here who'd probably have leapt on me for that

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RTE: Perth: We're in a very difficult situation
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/08/2020, 2:30 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02/06/2009, 7:13 AM
  3. paul perth
    By RockofGibraltar in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21/05/2007, 3:24 AM
  4. Vinny Perth
    By RockofGibraltar in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21/03/2005, 8:51 AM
  5. story with vinny perth?
    By Martinho II in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21/01/2005, 3:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •