Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth sacked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The sporting achievements are a legacy of their own of course and can't be taken away. But they could have built a more solid foundation for the club with the money they earned. Shels' football legacy is great too, but it's not doing them much good now
    It seems to be part of that course in Ireland, unfortunately. We spent millions at the start of the GK era. The unfortunate part is that we got no on field success for that cash and no off field facilities either. We are still playing in crumbling stadium with no training facilities of our own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Wrong thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Wrong thread
    Wrong league off to the Super league with Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Wrong league off to the Super league with Rovers.
    Indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    It seems to be part of that course in Ireland, unfortunately. We spent millions at the start of the GK era. The unfortunate part is that we got no on field success for that cash and no off field facilities either. We are still playing in crumbling stadium with no training facilities of our own.
    Not saying we have the greatest ground in the land or anything but am so glad that we actually did invest in the place during the start of the last decade when we were on a good run

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Not saying we have the greatest ground in the land or anything but am so glad that we actually did invest in the place during the start of the last decade when we were on a good run
    Best thing Sligo ever did tbh. Bucked the trend of boom to bust that nearly every other club has suffered from. Super,tidy, little ground, even have a little Museum now. I remember Sports Stadium highlights from the mid 90's and it was worse than Oriel Park is now (at least how it looked to my young eyes).
    On the broader point of the situation at Dundalk, it's hard to know where to start. It's a pity that it didn't work out for Giovagnoli. I actually though he knew what he was doing tactically. Shane Keegan never, ever came across as a competent coach/manager, though he may in fact be the one that holds the UEFA Credentials. The musical chair statements on the status of who was or was not the Manager this season was a joke, and hints at haphazard, last-minute decision making by the Owners.
    It's a mess. Galway United were up to their necks in nonsense during the Nick Leeson days (obligatory DVD mention), and took a long time recovering from it, and his 'ways', and I hope Dundalk don't suffer the same fate with their owners.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 19/04/2021 at 10:06 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    That Magilton boy sounds an absolute clown as well good job they didn’t do much to Oriel because there won’t be a club left to play in it in a couple of years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Jose made his move as soon as Fillipo and Shane announced they were going.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Jose made his move as soon as Fillipo and Shane announced they were going.
    Reports of cartons of custard creams being delivered to Oriel, announcement imminent.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    That Magilton boy sounds an absolute clown as well good job they didn’t do much to Oriel because there won’t be a club left to play in it in a couple of years.
    I dont remember him being as narky when he was with MON at Shamrock Rovers. He is a bit of a know it all. It was PG that was coaching the team this season all along.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    There are rumours that the FAI forced Dundalk into the ridiculous press conference concerning the management setup, basically scripted it. Apparently the FAI had their knuckles wrapped by UEFA over the FG thing in the Europa League and the lack of governance/licencing in the league.

Obviously the media have had a field day with it. So if true it might explain JM's abruptness, probably sick of it.

Just a rumour, like the many others floating about.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well of course it wasn't done voluntarily. I'd say UEFA were putting pressure on the FAI after what went on in the Europa League games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well of course it wasn't done voluntarily. I'd say UEFA were putting pressure on the FAI after what went on in the Europa League games.
    Well all the well connected journalists didn't join those dots or chose not to, why ruin a good story. Which could explain why JM is not interested in talking to them.

He's hardly going to volunteer information after all that has been said about the club, true or not.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think it was mentioned in some of the articles though?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    What's with Perth whore-ing himself out on national radio trying to get the gig back at dundalk. I know he couldn't get a job elsewhere, it seems, but surely its never a good idea to go back begging to the bird who dumped year a year ago, no?
    He is correct in saying that dundalk have the players to still win the league - christ knows they spent enough on the squad.
    9 points behind the leaders can be made up over the course of the renaming 30 games or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    What's with Perth whore-ing himself out on national radio trying to get the gig back at dundalk. I know he couldn't get a job elsewhere, it seems, but surely its never a good idea to go back begging to the bird who dumped year a year ago, no?
    He is correct in saying that dundalk have the players to still win the league - christ knows they spent enough on the squad.
    9 points behind the leaders can be made up over the course of the renaming 30 games or so.
    Everyone has to earn a living

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    [QUOTE=placid casual;2074127]What's with Perth whore-ing himself out on national radio trying to get the gig back at dundalk. I know he couldn't get a job elsewhere, /QUOTE]

Whatever ones views might be about Perth or indeed any other individual that does not give you the right to refer to him as “ whore-ing himself out..”

Suggest you do the right thing and amend your post

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    May I politely suggest you not clutch your pearls so tightly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I think it was mentioned in some of the articles though?
    OK, I didn't see that myself. They were obviously told by the FAI to sort it out, but you would have thought that would be a rewording of roles on the website and programme, like at Pats? I don't remember it being suggested that the FAI told them to hold a press conference and gave them a script of what to say.

I have visions of Scanlon and Roche behind the scenes like Ant and Dec... "Shane, now say the buck stops with me in your best Louth accent"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I really don't get the hostility from Dundalk fans towards journos who have been pulling back the curtain on the Buffalo Bill variety show. Especially when it's people like Dan McDonnell and James Rodgers who are Dundalk fans themselves. It's not a situation where it's a fans run club and people are talking out of school. Without their reporting people would be completely unaware of most of the madness going on behind the scenes. Yeah it's embarrassing for the club, but the responsibility for that lies in America.

23. Thanks From:

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast