Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth sacked

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes but they're also saying Giovagnoli will be in charge of the football side of things and he's still not qualified as far as I'm aware. It's a fair enough question as to whether and why the FAI/UEFA will allow that to continue.

Our own Daire Doyle and Drogs' Tim Clancy are both on the current Pro Licence course so I assume they'll be ok next year.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 17/11/2020 at 8:39 PM.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It sounds from that article that what they're after is a General Manager - not a Director of Football :

"Asked what the new person's exact title would be, Hulsizer said: "Boss. I don't know how else to say it. I don't care if you call him the Pope of football in Dundalk, it doesn't matter. He will be there to boss."

"Whoever we choose they have to have business skills, football skills, football knowledge, football contacts, business contacts.
    We need somebody to run the club. I can't do it from the US. We haven't done a great job so far except qualifying for the Europa League."The new man's job will be to run the club. There should be no daily communication between the board of directors and the people running the club in Ireland."It needs to be organised and it's not. That will be his first mission."
    Would this be the second time the pope went to Dundalk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Would this be the second time the pope went to Dundalk?
    The Pope went to Drogheda, so this might be an ironic first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It sounds from that article that what they're after is a General Manager - not a Director of Football :
    interesting then to note that the frontrunner for the job is Jim Magilton, who currently is a coach with the IFA and just happens to have a Pro Licence.

It would be somewhat of a co-incidence if whoever gets the job has a Pro Licence. Even then, unless the person with the licence is actually the main coach and decision maker, then that does not cover the requirements. Though we have seen blind eyes being turned to that sort of thing before.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    interesting then to note that the frontrunner for the job is Jim Magilton, who currently is a coach with the IFA and just happens to have a Pro Licence.

It would be somewhat of a co-incidence if whoever gets the job has a Pro Licence. Even then, unless the person with the licence is actually the main coach and decision maker, then that does not cover the requirements. Though we have seen blind eyes being turned to that sort of thing before.
    Shane Keegan has a pro license and is presumably not being moved on so they'd be sorted in either case until Giovagnoli can get himself on a course, which I'd imagine would be a formality for Dundalk with the FAI.

Shane is the manager listed for the Europa League games and you had the funny scenes of the cameras in Vienna zooming in on him when Giovagnoli is the one giving orders.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I wonder why is Shane Keegan not applying for the Dundalk job when he does have a Pro license?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Its all a strange arrangement tbh. FG was appointed in head hunted way. So there wasnt really a job to apply for. He happened to have the pro licence and didnt have to fall on his sword when VP was sacked. So his role as opposition analyst evolved to being from the bench where his licence was needed. He could keep the analyst role but also be on the bench for games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I wonder why is Shane Keegan not applying for the Dundalk job when he does have a Pro license?
    I'd say its because he's not very good!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Is it worth giving the Italian guy the job, when it seems clear that stephen Kenny will be available at the end of march - or do dundalk fans believe he wouldnt go back there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    They say never go back but I think we'd have him! It would be a bit like 2014 again anyway with a team and reputation to rebuild. He'll be given at least WC qualifers, if the draw is nasty maybe longer. The lack of goals can be chalked off to covid stuff, maybe a lucky manager after all?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Having been on the end of "One stephen bradley" from the Dundalk and Bohs fans for 2 or 3 years can i just say that "in Filippo i trust"
    If the rumours of jim Magilton coming in are true that must be a positive for DFC , he knows his way around as long as Big Bill lets him do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    As much credit for Bradley getting his hands on the league trophy goes to the club for sticking with him and letting him improve himself as a manager and the squad, especially when there was pressure coming on from the stands He has veen a very understated chap recently, both after the cup and this league when he could be roaring from the rooftops without much kickback.

Fillipo isnt tested, he is on a hiding to nothing and could yet work out. When he talks about having 'signing his players' I will start to worry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Is it worth giving the Italian guy the job, when it seems clear that stephen Kenny will be available at the end of march - or do dundalk fans believe he wouldnt go back there?
    fg wouldn't know his arse from his elbow as far as loi players are concerned but he's a decent coach seems. Bring in dof with keegan(make weight) handy solution,
    If you believe SK will lose the Ireland job over some stupid motivational video then you deserve shoite every heaped on your shoulders.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He's more likely to lose his job over the terrible run of results. Not that I think he will just yet for either reason.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    So, was this all being kept quiet?

Out of competition
    Dundalk FC / Mr Filippo Giovanoli

Charges:
    • “Shadow coaching”, Art. 4.01(e) & art. 6.01 (b) UEFA Europa League Regulations in connection with art. 36,
    art. 40 & art. 42 CL & FFP Regulations
    Decision:
    The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:
    • To ban Mr. Filippo Giovanoli from carrying out any function of a head coach, as well as of any coaching staff,
    at UEFA competition matches until he fulfills the criteria contemplated in Article 36 in conjunction with Article
    40(1)(b) UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. In particular, Mr. Filippo Giovanoli shall not
    seat in the technical area during UEFA competition matches until the above criteria are fulfilled.
    • The club ensures that Mr. Filippo Giovanoli is informed personally of this decision.
    • To fine Dundalk FC €50,000 for the violation of the general principles of conduct (i.e. for not playing 2020/21
    UEFA Europa League matches under the direction of a head coach who holds the minimum coaching
    qualification as defined in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations).
    • The above fine must be paid within 90 days of communication of this decision.
    Last edited by Mr_Parker; 01/12/2020 at 6:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Will the FAI also be forced to act and could it have implications for the league?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    This was mentioned before I think. Well, not the fine, which is huge, but his ban. It's why he was in the stands against Rapid at home.

Strange to allow him there for the first three games. But UEFA rules are quite clear and Dundalk will have known that. (Especially as the former licensing officer called them up on doing the same thing with Perth as manager last year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    This was mentioned before I think. Well, not the fine, which is huge, but his ban. It's why he was in the stands against Rapid at home.

Strange to allow him there for the first three games. But UEFA rules are quite clear and Dundalk will have known that. (Especially as the former licensing officer called them up on doing the same thing with Perth as manager last year)
    FAI licensing rules are equally clear, but the FAI have failed to act previously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Points deduction of 10 points seems fair.
    First division is going to be strong next year 😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    In all seriousness though 50k is big fine and dfc did have a qualified coach on the bench. Seems bit harsh, i do think this obsession with badges is more of a money making racket for the different associations

22. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast