Appoint Sheridan!
    That’s just pub talk.

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    Interesting the comments on a clear-out or Perth sticking with his own players.

Dundalk haven't really upgraded their squad properly since reaching the group stages - even their recent signings have been bringing back Boyle and McMillan. It doesn't help of course that Rovers now rob all UCD's best players, not Dundalk

But have any of the foreign imports really worked out either? Peak6 seem to be behind a lot of those (or maybe I'm reading the whole thing wrong) The general recruitment policy at Dundalk seems to have failed over the past 4/5 years, and that's where you would have thought an organisation like Peak6 would bring in a Director of Football rather than a manager to cover the fact that your manager isn't qualified to be a manager.

Seem to remember a comment on here from a Dundalk fan when they reached the EL groups to the effect that "€7m was a lot for an LoI club to **** away, but sure we'll give it a go" It could be close to a fait accompli now

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    The biggest disgrace here is that they're allowing Rovers and Bohs of all teams to run away with being the top 2 teams in the country.

Dark, dark days for the LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Perth is in studio for Rovers vs. Shels tonight on RTÉ.

For their sake, I hope the Americans have an NDA is place.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Perth is in studio for Rovers vs. Shels tonight on RTÉ.

For their sake, I hope the Americans have an NDA is place.
    Vinny is out quickly with his side of the story.

RTÉ should ask him about the club captaincy and what happened before the Waterford game in the dressing room...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Vinny is out quickly with his side of the story.

RTÉ should ask him about the club captaincy and what happened before the Waterford game in the dressing room...
    Why don’t you tell us instead of all this cryptic nonsense.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    And who are those players he was supposed to play? The only two I can see as possible big sells are Patching and Oduwa

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    And who are those players he was supposed to play? The only two I can see as possible big sells are Patching and Oduwa
    The yank lad that Buffalo Bill signed off Netflix 😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Why don’t you tell us instead of all this cryptic nonsense.
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to. That's pretty evident on Oriel Web at the minute, where anyone who goes against the grain is shot down by the Perth fan boys. So what's the point.

You didn't believe the "story" I posted a few days ago that Perth would be sacked after the CL game.

There weren't any unhappy players in Oriel today anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Vinny Perth wanted to start as captain against Waterford.

The players disagreed.

Vinny Perth then took a live rabbit out of his coat pocket.

And proceeded to eat it in front of everyone.

While it was still alive.

Vinny Perth.

Ate the live rabbit.

Did I mention the players children were there?

Prove me wrong.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to. That's pretty evident on Oriel Web at the minute, where anyone who goes against the grain is shot down by the Perth fan boys. So what's the point.

You didn't believe the "story" I posted a few days ago that Perth would be sacked after the CL game.

There weren't any unhappy players in Oriel today anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Are you happy with the way Peak6 have administered the club in the last year?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to.
    Then why bring up the captaincy/Waterford pre match thing at all??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Are you happy with the way Peak6 have administered the club in the last year?
    Not at all, haven't been happy with them since they came in, but who put them there? Andy & Paul accepted their offer and ran with the money.

I haven't been happy with the way the club is being run full stop, but when the team is winning, 99% of supporters don't care about what is going on behind the scenes. Results paper over the cracks, which has been happening at Oriel for a number of years. When the team is winning, you can't say anything about the running of the club because nobody will listen.

Our club is going to crash and burn, we'll be fighting relegation as soon as the owners leave, probably be back in the First Division for a spell. We need them to stay around as long as possible because the one thing they have is money, but we should all be aware of what's going to happen when they eventually pull the plug.

The running of the club is a separate issue to Perth though. I'm happy he was sacked. It's just a pity it wasn't before the CL game, because progress in Europe is the only thing that will keep the owners here for a little while longer. As soon as they leave, we are goosed.

Perth also sold his soul to keep the job for as long as he did. How many times did he come out publicly and say how great the owners are and how lucky we are to have them, blah blah blah. It was on repeat.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Not at all, haven't been happy with them since they came in, but who put them there? Andy & Paul accepted their offer and ran with the money.

I haven't been happy with the way the club is being run full stop, but when the team is winning, 99% of supporters don't care about what is going on behind the scenes. Results paper over the cracks, which has been happening at Oriel for a number of years. When the team is winning, you can't say anything about the running of the club because nobody will listen.

Our club is going to crash and burn, we'll be fighting relegation as soon as the owners leave, probably be back in the First Division for a spell. We need them to stay around as long as possible because the one thing they have is money, but we should all be aware of what's going to happen when they eventually pull the plug.

The running of the club is a separate issue to Perth though. I'm happy he was sacked. It's just a pity it wasn't before the CL game, because progress in Europe is the only thing that will keep the owners here for a little while longer. As soon as they leave, we are goosed.

Perth also sold his soul to keep the job for as long as he did. How many times did he come out publicly and say how great the owners are and how lucky we are to have them, blah blah blah. It was on repeat.
    That all sounds very reasonable. If I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I would be as eager as you are for them to stick around tbh. A big rebuild is needed and where will the money come from to finance it? To date Peak6 haven't shown any indication that they are willing to spend any of their own money, and Buffalo Bill's involvement in recruitment appears to be a major, major problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I didn’t believe it because I hadn’t heard anything of that apart from your post. I’m not surprised he’s been sacked but I thought as we were still in Europe it wouldn’t happen at this point.
    There’s obviously been something not right there but if you can’t tell us on an anonymous Internet forum what’s the point in the forum?

I don’t believe Perth was the man to take us the next step but I think his sacking has been handled poorly and it appears to be quite knee jerk. I’d love to know if there’s more to it and if you know then maybe you could enlighten us.

As for our future if and when the yanks pull the plug, we’ll I’m not naive enough to think we won’t struggle, but such is the life of an Irish football fan. I’ve spent many years traipsing the country when we were in the first division and will do the same if we end up back there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    That all sounds very reasonable. If I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I would be as eager as you are for them to stick around tbh. A big rebuild is needed and where will the money come from to finance it? To date Peak6 haven't shown any indication that they are willing to spend any of their own money, and Buffalo Bill's involvement in recruitment appears to be a major, major problem.
    Well if they're not going to spend, they should leave.

The problem is who comes after Peak6? I don't think there'll be an Andy & Paul to pick it up next time around. I also don't think there is a desire in our support to have a fan-owed/run model. You would hope our core support has grown hugely since 2013, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that kind of model at our club, certainly not a good enough one to make us really competitive in the Premier.

The recruitment has been a joke since Perth took over. Maybe Kenny knew what was coming in the background and was happy to jump ship to the Irish U21 role.

If Perth had no say in the signings, he should not have attacked media when they reported Andy Burton was head of recruitment. Burton had no official title and almost seemed like a secret despite his prominent role in the club, which went beyond recruitment. Perth maintained that he and his management team were over signings and it was nothing to do with Burton.

Perth was happy to be Peak6's puppet for as long as he was in the job, so he can hardly cry over it all now. Interested to see what he says on RTÉ tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    There’s obviously been something not right there but if you can’t tell us on an anonymous Internet forum what’s the point in the forum?
    Some players didn't want to play for him any longer and I don't mean any of the new guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Unfortunately I think this will be true

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's not that bad down there.

It is.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Vinny Perth wanted to start as captain against Waterford.

The players disagreed.

Vinny Perth then took a live rabbit out of his coat pocket.

And proceeded to eat it in front of everyone.

While it was still alive.

Vinny Perth.

Ate the live rabbit.

Did I mention the players children were there?

Prove me wrong.
    Why do you always mention Children, Limerick ones are odd sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    There is supposedly a buy back clause for the fastfix lads that was part of the sale. Whether they evoke that cluse in the event of P6 leaving is another thing. But they wanted to mitigate against a walk away with large contracts outstanding. I hope it is true and it wouldnt be at all a surprise as those lads do truly love the club. The transition back could be painful though

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast