Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 158

Thread: Perth sacked

  1. #21
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    116
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    186
    Thanked in
    139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Appoint Sheridan!
    Thatís just pub talk.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #22
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,444
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,529
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,079
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts
    Interesting the comments on a clear-out or Perth sticking with his own players.

    Dundalk haven't really upgraded their squad properly since reaching the group stages - even their recent signings have been bringing back Boyle and McMillan. It doesn't help of course that Rovers now rob all UCD's best players, not Dundalk

    But have any of the foreign imports really worked out either? Peak6 seem to be behind a lot of those (or maybe I'm reading the whole thing wrong) The general recruitment policy at Dundalk seems to have failed over the past 4/5 years, and that's where you would have thought an organisation like Peak6 would bring in a Director of Football rather than a manager to cover the fact that your manager isn't qualified to be a manager.

    Seem to remember a comment on here from a Dundalk fan when they reached the EL groups to the effect that "Ä7m was a lot for an LoI club to **** away, but sure we'll give it a go" It could be close to a fait accompli now

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #23
    Reserves Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    251
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    78
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    The biggest disgrace here is that they're allowing Rovers and Bohs of all teams to run away with being the top 2 teams in the country.

    Dark, dark days for the LOI.

  6. #24
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 9
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Perth is in studio for Rovers vs. Shels tonight on RT….

    For their sake, I hope the Americans have an NDA is place.
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

  7. #25
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Perth is in studio for Rovers vs. Shels tonight on RT….

    For their sake, I hope the Americans have an NDA is place.
    Vinny is out quickly with his side of the story.

    RT… should ask him about the club captaincy and what happened before the Waterford game in the dressing room...

  8. #26
    First Team Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    256
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Vinny is out quickly with his side of the story.

    RT… should ask him about the club captaincy and what happened before the Waterford game in the dressing room...
    Why donít you tell us instead of all this cryptic nonsense.

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #27
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    464
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    And who are those players he was supposed to play? The only two I can see as possible big sells are Patching and Oduwa

  11. #28
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    And who are those players he was supposed to play? The only two I can see as possible big sells are Patching and Oduwa
    The yank lad that Buffalo Bill signed off Netflix 😂

  12. #29
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Why don’t you tell us instead of all this cryptic nonsense.
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to. That's pretty evident on Oriel Web at the minute, where anyone who goes against the grain is shot down by the Perth fan boys. So what's the point.

    You didn't believe the "story" I posted a few days ago that Perth would be sacked after the CL game.

    There weren't any unhappy players in Oriel today anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow.

  13. #30
    International Prospect Lim till i die's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    8,105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,371
    Thanked in
    634 Posts
    Vinny Perth wanted to start as captain against Waterford.

    The players disagreed.

    Vinny Perth then took a live rabbit out of his coat pocket.

    And proceeded to eat it in front of everyone.

    While it was still alive.

    Vinny Perth.

    Ate the live rabbit.

    Did I mention the players children were there?

    Prove me wrong.

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #31
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to. That's pretty evident on Oriel Web at the minute, where anyone who goes against the grain is shot down by the Perth fan boys. So what's the point.

    You didn't believe the "story" I posted a few days ago that Perth would be sacked after the CL game.

    There weren't any unhappy players in Oriel today anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Are you happy with the way Peak6 have administered the club in the last year?

  16. #32
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to.
    Then why bring up the captaincy/Waterford pre match thing at all??

  17. #33
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Are you happy with the way Peak6 have administered the club in the last year?
    Not at all, haven't been happy with them since they came in, but who put them there? Andy & Paul accepted their offer and ran with the money.

    I haven't been happy with the way the club is being run full stop, but when the team is winning, 99% of supporters don't care about what is going on behind the scenes. Results paper over the cracks, which has been happening at Oriel for a number of years. When the team is winning, you can't say anything about the running of the club because nobody will listen.

    Our club is going to crash and burn, we'll be fighting relegation as soon as the owners leave, probably be back in the First Division for a spell. We need them to stay around as long as possible because the one thing they have is money, but we should all be aware of what's going to happen when they eventually pull the plug.

    The running of the club is a separate issue to Perth though. I'm happy he was sacked. It's just a pity it wasn't before the CL game, because progress in Europe is the only thing that will keep the owners here for a little while longer. As soon as they leave, we are goosed.

    Perth also sold his soul to keep the job for as long as he did. How many times did he come out publicly and say how great the owners are and how lucky we are to have them, blah blah blah. It was on repeat.

  18. #34
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Not at all, haven't been happy with them since they came in, but who put them there? Andy & Paul accepted their offer and ran with the money.

    I haven't been happy with the way the club is being run full stop, but when the team is winning, 99% of supporters don't care about what is going on behind the scenes. Results paper over the cracks, which has been happening at Oriel for a number of years. When the team is winning, you can't say anything about the running of the club because nobody will listen.

    Our club is going to crash and burn, we'll be fighting relegation as soon as the owners leave, probably be back in the First Division for a spell. We need them to stay around as long as possible because the one thing they have is money, but we should all be aware of what's going to happen when they eventually pull the plug.

    The running of the club is a separate issue to Perth though. I'm happy he was sacked. It's just a pity it wasn't before the CL game, because progress in Europe is the only thing that will keep the owners here for a little while longer. As soon as they leave, we are goosed.

    Perth also sold his soul to keep the job for as long as he did. How many times did he come out publicly and say how great the owners are and how lucky we are to have them, blah blah blah. It was on repeat.
    That all sounds very reasonable. If I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I would be as eager as you are for them to stick around tbh. A big rebuild is needed and where will the money come from to finance it? To date Peak6 haven't shown any indication that they are willing to spend any of their own money, and Buffalo Bill's involvement in recruitment appears to be a major, major problem.

  19. #35
    First Team Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    256
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Not getting into it on a forum because people generally don't believe what they read on online forums, or only believe what they want to. That's pretty evident on Oriel Web at the minute, where anyone who goes against the grain is shot down by the Perth fan boys. So what's the point.

    You didn't believe the "story" I posted a few days ago that Perth would be sacked after the CL game.

    There weren't any unhappy players in Oriel today anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    I didnít believe it because I hadnít heard anything of that apart from your post. Iím not surprised heís been sacked but I thought as we were still in Europe it wouldnít happen at this point.
    Thereís obviously been something not right there but if you canít tell us on an anonymous Internet forum whatís the point in the forum?

    I donít believe Perth was the man to take us the next step but I think his sacking has been handled poorly and it appears to be quite knee jerk. Iíd love to know if thereís more to it and if you know then maybe you could enlighten us.

    As for our future if and when the yanks pull the plug, weíll Iím not naive enough to think we wonít struggle, but such is the life of an Irish football fan. Iíve spent many years traipsing the country when we were in the first division and will do the same if we end up back there.

  20. #36
    First Team The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    That all sounds very reasonable. If I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I would be as eager as you are for them to stick around tbh. A big rebuild is needed and where will the money come from to finance it? To date Peak6 haven't shown any indication that they are willing to spend any of their own money, and Buffalo Bill's involvement in recruitment appears to be a major, major problem.
    Well if they're not going to spend, they should leave.

    The problem is who comes after Peak6? I don't think there'll be an Andy & Paul to pick it up next time around. I also don't think there is a desire in our support to have a fan-owed/run model. You would hope our core support has grown hugely since 2013, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that kind of model at our club, certainly not a good enough one to make us really competitive in the Premier.

    The recruitment has been a joke since Perth took over. Maybe Kenny knew what was coming in the background and was happy to jump ship to the Irish U21 role.

    If Perth had no say in the signings, he should not have attacked media when they reported Andy Burton was head of recruitment. Burton had no official title and almost seemed like a secret despite his prominent role in the club, which went beyond recruitment. Perth maintained that he and his management team were over signings and it was nothing to do with Burton.

    Perth was happy to be Peak6's puppet for as long as he was in the job, so he can hardly cry over it all now. Interested to see what he says on RT… tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Thereís obviously been something not right there but if you canít tell us on an anonymous Internet forum whatís the point in the forum?
    Some players didn't want to play for him any longer and I don't mean any of the new guys.

  21. #37
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,216
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    445
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    541
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Not at all, haven't been happy with them since they came in, but who put them there? Andy & Paul accepted their offer and ran with the money.

    I haven't been happy with the way the club is being run full stop, but when the team is winning, 99% of supporters don't care about what is going on behind the scenes. Results paper over the cracks, which has been happening at Oriel for a number of years. When the team is winning, you can't say anything about the running of the club because nobody will listen.

    Our club is going to crash and burn, we'll be fighting relegation as soon as the owners leave, probably be back in the First Division for a spell. We need them to stay around as long as possible because the one thing they have is money, but we should all be aware of what's going to happen when they eventually pull the plug.

    The running of the club is a separate issue to Perth though. I'm happy he was sacked. It's just a pity it wasn't before the CL game, because progress in Europe is the only thing that will keep the owners here for a little while longer. As soon as they leave, we are goosed.

    Perth also sold his soul to keep the job for as long as he did. How many times did he come out publicly and say how great the owners are and how lucky we are to have them, blah blah blah. It was on repeat.
    Unfortunately I think this will be true

  22. #38
    Coach
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,425
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    668
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,478
    Thanked in
    987 Posts
    It's not that bad down there.


    It is.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  23. #39
    Youth Team DCSIL's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Vinny Perth wanted to start as captain against Waterford.

    The players disagreed.

    Vinny Perth then took a live rabbit out of his coat pocket.

    And proceeded to eat it in front of everyone.

    While it was still alive.

    Vinny Perth.

    Ate the live rabbit.

    Did I mention the players children were there?

    Prove me wrong.
    Why do you always mention Children, Limerick ones are odd sometimes.

  24. #40
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,042
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    866
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    There is supposedly a buy back clause for the fastfix lads that was part of the sale. Whether they evoke that cluse in the event of P6 leaving is another thing. But they wanted to mitigate against a walk away with large contracts outstanding. I hope it is true and it wouldnt be at all a surprise as those lads do truly love the club. The transition back could be painful though

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RTE: Perth: We're in a very difficult situation
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/08/2020, 3:30 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02/06/2009, 8:13 AM
  3. paul perth
    By RockofGibraltar in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21/05/2007, 4:24 AM
  4. Vinny Perth
    By RockofGibraltar in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21/03/2005, 9:51 AM
  5. story with vinny perth?
    By Martinho II in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21/01/2005, 4:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •