Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Perth sacked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Well maybe Bill has been trawling Football Manager for a few ideas in fairness. On the assistant managers possible appointment, its gas how often Ive heard the last few days on whether goalkeepers can make decent managers, for Gary it's proof how quickly a player is forgotten after retirement never mind Dave....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    So have Dundalk hired and sacked a manager in 13 minutes or what!!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Itd be good to have a manager to sack full stop!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If vinny comes back it will be the best comeback since bobby Eweing, turns out the last 12 months was just a daydream

5. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Until he takes a look at the squad.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    'What a shower!' - Bobby Ewing, Dallas, 1986.

'What a shower!' - Vinny Perth, Dundalk, 2021?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Very interesting turn of events. If I were a Dundalk supporter I’d take VP ahead of Dave Rogers all day long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Dont know what the issue is with JM on Perth... thought he didnt want the managers job which he would have if Rogers is appointed. Sporting Director is undermined if he is being overruled though I'd prefer Perth to Rogers simply as we need to steady the ship and knock a few players noses out of joint, not experiment with an assistant manager manager Perth has lobbied hard for this and he holds sway with P6 still obviously so that relationship between VP and JM will be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Does Vinny have a pro license?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    He does.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    So Magilton wanted Rogers but was overruled by the yanks who wanted Perth... That surely can't be good for future relations with Magilton & owners, no?
    Is it true that vinny fell out with a number of dundalk players before he got the bullet - maybe that's why shields is packing his bags.
    For my money it's about the best appointment they could get at the moment as Perths heart is in the club at least. Maybe scrape a European place now, or are the more bullish dundalk fans seeing a title challenge?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    So Magilton wanted Rogers but was overruled by the yanks who wanted Perth... That surely can't be good for future relations with Magilton & owners, no?
    Is it true that vinny fell out with a number of dundalk players before he got the bullet - maybe that's why shields is packing his bags.
    For my money it's about the best appointment they could get at the moment as Perths heart is in the club at least. Maybe scrape a European place now, or are the more bullish dundalk fans seeing a title challenge?
    I would’ve been against Perth coming back as he fell out with quite a few players last year, probably the most significant was Gartland. However with the mess the club is in now I just want a manager in who knows the league and can push us on. I don’t think his previous issues with players will make much difference now as the last year has shown that the players aren’t playing for any of the various managers we’ve had.

With regard to expectations, I think most Dundalk fans would just like some stability and consistency on the pitch and to put a few wins together and climb up the table. I’d be delighted if we managed to nick a European spot but who knows what way it’ll go. With the strong rumours that the yanks will pull out at the end of the season, qualifying for Europe for next year will be huge in terms of us carrying on next season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Perth will have a bit of fire in his belly and should be able to get performances from that squad. Probably too far away from a title challenge, but I can see them winning more games than losing from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    With the co efficient dundalk have not qualifying for Europe is really shooting yourself in the foot. 21 games to go and 8 points behind drogs who they play in a few weeks. Europe is very do able with the squad they have. With an easy draw in ECL 11 Europe progression is off to a good start for this year which might postpone letting players go beyond Sheilds which seems done

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Perth will be an improvement but genuinely don’t see him as a long term solution for them

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Well he's back anyway.

Peak6 haven't a notion what they're doing surely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well he's back anyway.

Peak6 haven't a notion what they're doing surely?
    They know what they're doing . As you may know,there will be serious cutbacks to Dundalk's budget soon.Perth is coming in until the end of the season on a freebie(expenses) with bonuses to be paid on where they finish.(eg: secure Europe = HUGE feckin BONUS)
    Rogers was more expensive. QED

Dignified response from Rogers this evening. Nice guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    In principle i'd say most fans would want players and management on greater performance related bonuses than be handed a wedge weekly to just turn up, but this is sounding like the extreme. Still so many questions on issues - was going against a Sporting Director sideling him, do they regret a long term lucrative contract, VP smooth tallking in to contention, budget cuts, does it set a precedence for future contract dealings, is it P6 winding down to move on or have they seen dollar signs again after the ECL draw, did they just cop on that they were being strung along on the quality and wages of signings, that they are just adjusting the budget accordingly, backroom staff appointments, goalkeepers, what are the senior players reactions to VP being back, the list is endless.

One thing for sure is that it shows a determination by Perth, he is staking an awful lot in management career terms, to come and try and turn around the playing fortunes at a dysfunctional club. He means it when he said he backs himself and obviously has belief. I hope it goes well for him for both his and the club's sake. Questions will arise on whether it was him or a 'team' of coaching staff that dominated less than 2 years ago regardless but is often speculated that the brans behind success isnt the manager so normal enough there I suppose. Seems like the right choice for now and maybe years to come.

Dave Rogers has always been positively spoken about as a decent chap in my experience, football aside. By all accounts he's highly rated as a coach though lacks experience (yeah like thats been an issue recently) but a gamble. We could have missed out on a quality coach, time will tell! Some quarters of DFC support have gotten a bit greedy by wanting Rogers in as coach also - Delaney like imo.

This weekends football will be intriguing!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I guess the thread name needs updating

Perth sacked - Replaced -Rehired
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    VP return interview, has a future in politics if things dont work out. That training top is horrendous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZE3EYe1cU

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast