Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1250

Thread: Gavin Bazunu G Southampton b.2002

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    There are a lot of good keepers out there. I think the goalkeeping at the Euros was generally excellent and not all those keepers were at big clubs. I was at Fiorentina v Atalanta in April and Atalanta's Italian keeper Carnesecchi was brilliant. Then they played their no.2 keeper at Anfield and in the Europa League final (I presume he had played in Europe all season) and he was also brilliant.

And I think most Championship keepers are very good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Nigel's missus starts dating Colin Farrell on the side. "Well I think that's a good thing..."
    If he can provide a few quid to support the kids then who am I to argue
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It's definitely a bad thing I think. Ramsdale is hardly going there as a number 2 and will have a few months to make his case.

But it's but exactly unexpected either - though Ramsdale is probably higher-profile than we'd have expected they'd get.

Still, worst case, he has to find a new club next summer. Wouldn't be the first keeper in the world who's had to find a new club. I'm sure he can get some tips from his Ireland squad mates...
    It's an awful fall from grace for Ramsdale. He has been a bag of nerves when he has had chances at arsenal and he is comically bad with his feet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    I don’t really get the Ramsdale signing. Russell Martin’s Southampton is all about possession football when it is well-known Ramsdale is not the best with the ball at his feet. Understand Southampton need a goalkeeper, and Ramsdale wants to play, but this doesn’t seem a good fit for either party and smacks of panic. While I wouldn’t want two Irish keepers at the same club, Kelleher would have been a better fit for Southampton imo.

But agree with Nigel. The competition can ultimately be good, and if Martin stays in the job and true to his philosophy, don’t think Ramsdale joining Southampton is necessarily curtains for Bazunu.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    It's a deadline day panic signing. How Southampton let it come to this I don't know. They must have known McCarthy isn't good enough. I don't see them staying up, they might not even be that close to staying up. However, if they do go down, there's no guarantee there will be a queue for Ramsdale's services from other Premier League teams then either, it will depend how his season goes.

Bazunu won't hang around too long if he's not first choice. But this season was always likely to be a write off anyway with the injury - he just needs to focus on getting back fully fit and reassess his club situation next summer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Bazunu won't hang around too long if he's not first choice. But this season was always likely to be a write off anyway with the injury - he just needs to focus on getting back fully fit and reassess his club situation next summer.
    Yes - Bazunu needs to make sure that he is fully healthy after this injury - if he is to have a decent chance to achieve his potential

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    you stay up in the PL when your keeper saves shots. Ramsdales passing might let him down but it wont cost as many goals as poor shotstopping. hopefully this drives bazunu on but its not surprising southampton opted for ramsdale given GB's last 2 seasons

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    They could have the reincarnation of Lev Yashin in goal and I don't think they'd stay up with that squad though.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    They could have the reincarnation of Lev Yashin in goal and I don't think they'd stay up with that squad though.
    Lev Yashin! Now there's a 'blast from the past'!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Interestingly, Ramsdale was nominated for the Lev Yashin award last year.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263