Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight’s games 08/08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    That's exactly as I saw it tbh, Sheridan shouting at his own players to "motivate" them and vinny allowing it to get under his skin because of the pressure he is Under.
    Sheridan is a tosser and won't be in the league long

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Yeah, agree with the above really. Sheridan is evidently a bit of a helmet but Perth hasn't shown himself to be much above it previously so it's hard for me to take his side in any bald men fighting over a comb debate such as this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Yeah, agree with the above really. Sheridan is evidently a bit of a helmet but Perth hasn't shown himself to be much above it previously so it's hard for me to take his side in any bald men fighting over a comb debate such as this.
    Wouldn’t go along with that at all, VP has never carried himself in such a manor in my book. I’m no Dundalk fan obviously but what’s right is right and what goes over the line is that , Sheridan crossed the line as a professional and decent human. If all what was said was verbatim of course.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Wouldn’t go along with that at all, VP has never carried himself in such a manor in my book. I’m no Dundalk fan obviously but what’s right is right and what goes over the line is that , Sheridan crossed the line as a professional and decent human. If all what was said was verbatim of course.
    Probably fair actually reading back what I typed, meant more so that Perth specifically is someone I struggle to have much sympathy for but he definitely hasn't crossed lines in the manner Sheridan has here.

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    I've a good mate involved in Cabo and he told me last year when they got to play offs that agreement was reached with UCD, so I'd imagine the same still exists
    That'd be strange too; the College have blocked ground shares before (with Rovers)

Maybe they need money more now though (government subsidies to universities in general were cut in 2008 and never restored)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Sheridan has had more clubs than jack nicklaus so his opinion of LOI is an irrelevance.
    Nice way, all the same, for Perth to deflect from his failing, bloated, stale side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Sheridan has had more clubs than jack nicklaus so his opinion of LOI is an irrelevance.
    Still disgraceful things to say ( if accurately reported of course.) As pointed out, the irony of having o come to a pub league to get a job seems lost on him. I couldn't give a flying one about his Ireland career, he can fook right off with himself. We all want the league to be better than it is, but to show that amount of disrespect is unacceptable.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Whatever his comments on the league, his alleged comments towards his own players should be looked upon less favourably by his club.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Whatever his comments on the league, his alleged comments towards his own players should be looked upon less favourably by his club.
    In one interview (the one I posted above), Perth suggested Sheridan's comments were at the Waterford players.

But on the42 Perth is quoted as saying they were towards our players.

"He can take the high ground and good luck to him but it’s not a pub league, not a shambles. ‘The reason you are playing at Dundalk is that you are ****e’, that sort of stuff."

Sheridan clearly on the wind up and Perth is under pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    He comes across as a gruff individual in interviews generally Sheridan. Still a storm in a teacup imo. Has a touch of Caulfield getting at Kenny back in the day when it was best to just say nothing. We dont know whats been going on behind the scenes at the club. VP alluded to illness and how Leahy and Garts had no legs so had to be rested. Colovic and Duffy were taken off to be protected for Wednesday. He also said that the part of the club that is definitely European standard was the medical and S&C departments. Now its been a strange season but for the break in the league a number of players look tired and out of sorts, Gannon and Shields the most apparent. There are a few key players whose contracts are up this November and it cant be easy to work on that with current restrictions. High end wages needs to be based more on performance related bonuses it would seem if motivation is an issue though it just seems like a collapse in confidence for whatever reasons.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I hope John Sheridan isn't watching this Finn Harps - Bohs game! Can picture him losing the plot screaming pub league at his telly 😂

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    It must be a long time since Perth was on the sideline at a junior or intermediate game if he’s taking offence at remarks like that being shouted at players. Reeks of deflecting and a man under pressure. It’s not like even hard core fans of the league haven’t referred to it as a shambles or like watching pub league football at times. Whatever Sheridan is doing so far seems to be working so maybe Perth should be taking notes!

Judging by his record though Sheridan is fairly unstable and he won’t be a round too long. Seems to be the abrasive type who gets short term results then falls out with everyone.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    The fight at the bottom is to avoid the play off spot, we will be relegated with 3 or 4 games left to play

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    It must be a long time since Perth was on the sideline at a junior or intermediate game if he’s taking offence at remarks like that being shouted at players. Reeks of deflecting and a man under pressure. It’s not like even hard core fans of the league haven’t referred to it as a shambles or like watching pub league football at times. Whatever Sheridan is doing so far seems to be working so maybe Perth should be taking notes!

Judging by his record though Sheridan is fairly unstable and he won’t be a round too long. Seems to be the abrasive type who gets short term results then falls out with everyone.
    Think it was around 2013 when VP left Malahide Utd as mgr to join SK at Dundalk. Sheridans only there cos his pal LP is Waterfords owner. Sheridan must know hes on his way shortly so imagine its a parting off statement. Wonder does that mean LP is gone too?
    Never liked JS hes obviously managed in Uk for so long but hes not the same class of mgr as he was a plyr.
    I dont blame VP for wot he has done but i think its delibrate gamemanship from JS to rile him a bit and it worked a treat!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    If there was a Euro for every time someone said 'you'd see better down the Fair Green/ Phoenix Park et all, the league would be rolling in it! Whether its feeling the pressure or not I can always see VP defending LoI but not in such a kneejerk manner and spilling to the media. Yeah it's low to tell a fellow manager that they are getting the sack but it still seems like an afterthought rather than a premeditated wind-up. I dont think Sheridan is that smart!

On job security, I doubt VP is on notice from the owners tbh. His own expectations are mostly like his main source of pressure though of course he'll be worried about being called in to the boardroom if things go really bad next Wednesday. I like his candour, but he has seriously backed his own ability as a rookie manager with his forthright manner. That belief is needed but also needs to be tempered. I still think this is a squad that was well put together for Europe, as well prepared as was possible preseason. World events interrupted squad development especially with the number of new signings. A squad that was to compete domestically too - extravagant and a gamble probably. Smaller squads with little turnover of players are better suited to this clipped season. So instead of having lads peaking in July, fresh and well rotated, we have 20 something lads who've been kicking their heels for months amd no real opportunity to fine tune things - to the extent that a best 11 isnt known and the default is to fall back to the familiar old war horses. I'm not expecting much next week but its no beyond possible that a proper performance happens either!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 15/08/2020 at 3:32 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Anyone who thinks Perths job is not under the microscope are delusional,targets in terms of budget forecasts will have placed huge pressure on him and current form such as it is will get this present squad nowhere near it,while some of his signings are questionable surely his biggest gamble is his recruitment of the backroom? team...he now has Gill,Reynolds,keenan, all around the place ,couple of poor picks there imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Under the microscope yeah, it would be remiss if performance werent. Under notice in a win on Wednesday or else, no!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    There is a rumour that Reynolds was not Perth's choice.

If we lose on Wednesday, playing as we have in the last 4 games, Perth will be out the door by Thursday.

We'll soon be under pressure to hold on to third in the league, some tough games to come with trips to Sligo and Derry next, and only 10 games left in all. We can't afford to miss out on Europe.

25. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    There is a rumour that Reynolds was not Perth's choice.

If we lose on Wednesday, playing as we have in the last 4 games, Perth will be out the door by Thursday.

We'll soon be under pressure to hold on to third in the league, some tough games to come with trips to Sligo and Derry next, and only 10 games left in all. We can't afford to miss out on Europe.
    SK’s recommendation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Tony O'Donoghue is just far too nice a chap at times. Doesnt like the abrasive side of interviews at all for a football journo.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...-lot-of-class/

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast