Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight’s games 08/08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Any clubs out there need a video analyst ? comes with previous playing experience and league medals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Wonders will never cease!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    This is the wrong year to get knocked out of the cup early. The format is win one match (with the unlucky exception of the 6 teams drawn in the prelim round) and you are into a mini tournament after the league season is over. No matter how your season is going you still have it to look forward to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    We were better tonight and looked more solid,Pats were gash though and O'Donnell looked a frustrated figure for much of it.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    We were better tonight and looked more solid,Pats were gash though and O'Donnell looked a frustrated figure for much of it.
    He looks a very decent man but will have to answer for poor performances. No sour grapes to Harps , SOD could be accused of talking a good game at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Makes the first league game back v Dundalk an even poorer result for us! Though maybe he was getting the level of effort he wanted that night and didnt tonight. Not a whole lot wrong tacticaly overall if players were really putting a shift in. Has to be one of the most fustrating jobs, football management, when ye prepare well for a game, lose and manly because players havent really given the required effort. Good result for Harps though and a little luck in the draw and ye never know.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Makes the first league game back v Dundalk an even poorer result for us! Though maybe he was getting the level of effort he wanted that night and didnt tonight. Not a whole lot wrong tacticaly overall if players were really putting a shift in. Has to be one of the most fustrating jobs, football management, when ye prepare well for a game, lose and manly because players havent really given the required effort. Good result for Harps though and a little luck in the draw and ye never know.
    The bigger issue is it's clueless football again. It's harry Kenny all over again except SOD managed to spend more money. The board have made another really expensive mistake. The money we have blown as a club with so little return is grim.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    The bigger issue is it's clueless football again. It's harry Kenny all over again except SOD managed to spend more money. The board have made another really expensive mistake. The money we have blown as a club with so little return is grim.
    There was a slight improvement when Kelly & Benson cams on (Forrester was poor). Is it not just a case of the players that started are all fairly average. If he can get those 3 players firing and squeeze Pats into Europe he's done a great job

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    There is obviously going to be a fondness for SO'D from Dundalk fans, but he is only in the job 14 or 15 or so competative games including this mess of a season so far. Its a long haul to get players to adjust to new ideas especially if things were a bit on the easy side for lads under a previous manager. What I would have expected early enough was a team that gave a lot of effort and then improvement in the quality of football after. If there are players that are taking it handy they will be gone asap. Forrester may be one of the first (without konwing whats going on in his head of course) unless he gets his head back in the game and showing the form he is capable of consistantly. I doubt S'OD would vilify players for mistakes but he'd lose the plot for them coasting through games. If he is looking openly frustrated imo its more likely over the application by players than average players not cutting it but trying. It'd would take at least one and maybe 2 tranfer windows to get lads that will buy in to his ideas. Whether he has that long is another thing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    There is obviously going to be a fondness for SO'D from Dundalk fans, but he is only in the job 14 or 15 or so competative games including this mess of a season so far. Its a long haul to get players to adjust to new ideas especially if things were a bit on the easy side for lads under a previous manager. What I would have expected early enough was a team that gave a lot of effort and then improvement in the quality of football after. If there are players that are taking it handy they will be gone asap. Forrester may be one of the first (without konwing whats going on in his head of course) unless he gets his head back in the game and showing the form he is capable of consistantly. I doubt S'OD would vilify players for mistakes but he'd lose the plot for them coasting through games. If he is looking openly frustrated imo its more likely over the application by players than average players not cutting it but trying. It'd would take at least one and maybe 2 tranfer windows to get lads that will buy in to his ideas. Whether he has that long is another thing.
    He paid a fee for martin Rennie . He shouldn't be allowed near a transfer window again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts

The backing that he a given from the owner indicates to me that will get the time. The signing of Forrester has been a disaster for the club but not one that anybody could have predicted. Its tough to watch a player with such talent letting it go to waste. I know he has a personal issues that I don't think its fair to go into. The signing of Rennie just hasn't worked out so far, he scored goals in Scotland so on paper recruiting him made sense. He may need more time to adjust but hasn't looked up to the standard required so far.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Well if ye cant trust close up 'scouting' by the Assistant Manager then there is trouble on the way. The manager is responsible when it goes wrong but its didnt seem like a transder for the boys and buddies (well as much as Cregg coming in as assistant himself).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'd be shocked if SOD didn't become a really successful manager, he is a very committed football guy who knows what it takes to be successful. It takes time to overturn an ageing and purpose-light squad ( ask S Bradley), but he could start by clearing out the deadwood like bermingham, madden & forrester. It depends how long Benson will want to carry on, he's a fine player, and also if they can get kelly from dundalk. I think, if given time, SOD would have pats challenging for the league by 2022.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    It comes across that a few Pats fans have expected immediate performances and be in the mix for Europe. I could see why expectations rose after Harry Kenny's appointment and the squad that was being assembled. On paper, as the old saying goes, it was promising (Harry Kenny to Rovers would be a super move still PC ). With that experience maybe there is a fear of the same happening again but as mentioned above i think it will be more considered and a longer rebuild. Its what, only 3 years since a possible relegation scare? I'd agree wit PC on his assessment of S'OD, while nobody knows for sure, he has the attributes that can give him a great shot at being a successful manager. I really hope to see him back at Oriel one day as manager as it was disappointing, though understandable, when he left for the Pats job. We dont just miss him as a player but as a very capable club captain and then backroom team member - Id have no doubts that his influence kept players driven.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    A win is a win but that was a hard watch tonight against a weakened Waterford team.

Not confident at all for Friday after watching that. Something seriously wrong in our camp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Someone score a goal in the Cork v Longford game, we could be here all week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    I wanted penalties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Why a club employs four LOI managers is beyond me. Too many chefs spoil the soup. Having said that, I wish ye well in Europe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Dunno where to put this, so here'll do.
    As a Rovers fan I still haven't forgiven Johnny Glynn for the cup final goal, but as a father I'm delighted that his daughter was rescued. I can't begin to imagine what him and his wife had to go through.

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Dunno where to put this, so here'll do.
    As a Rovers fan I still haven't forgiven Johnny Glynn for the cup final goal, but as a father I'm delighted that his daughter was rescued. I can't begin to imagine what him and his wife had to go through.
    It's an unimaginable situation for him to have been in, albeit with a great, but unlikely outcome. These stories end in tragedy the vast majority of the time.

Fair play to the girls though for digging in. That took some serious stamina and mental strength.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast