Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight’s games 08/08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    oriel web towel throwing competition tonight was quite entertaining. We have a chance this year hoops
    Aye things flipped on their head from other seasons after 7 or so games. We all knew that any side that showed form could get in to or fall out of the mix. A return of the Dublin Derby hoodoo, beat Rovers and Bohs in Oriel, clatter in a 6 or 7 nil win agains someone and we're grand....

Some slightly odd squad selections, not playing a number of the form players from the friendlies, complacency in defence and I think underestimating how other clubs' players have worked on keeping their fitness levels up. Bohs and Pats were able to go for the full 90, Sligo were able to press to the final whistle in games ive seen. Them and Bohs have the tails up. The rest its a good result followed by a poor one - Dundalk in relegation form and Rovers yet to play a second game. Maybe Derry will have the bit between the teeth tomorrow - please and thank you in advance
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/08/2020 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Aye things flipped on their head from other seasons after 7 or so games. We all knew that any side that showed form could get in to or fall out of the mix. A return of the Dublin Derby hoodoo, beat Rovers and Bohs in Oriel, clatter in a 6 or 7 nil win agains someone and we're grand....

Some slightly odd squad selections, not playing a number of the form players from the friendlies, complacency in defence and I think underestimating how other clubs' players have worked on keeping their fitness levels up. Bohs and Pats were able to go for the full 90, Sligo were able to press to the final whistle in games ive seen. Them and Bohs have the tails up. The rest its a good result followed by a poor one - Dundalk in relegation form and Rovers yet to play a second game. Maybe Derry will have the bit between the teeth tomorrow - please and thank you in advance
    If you seen Rovers v Harps second half, I'd have me cupla Punt on Derry, only team performing so far is Sligo, g'wan the Bitters

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Vinnie, if your downplaying that game deliberately, then fine, but otherwise you were watching a different game to me.
    Rovers filleted Harps in the 1st half and coasted the 2nd half.
    Another win up in Derry and I'd like to think Rovers will have a firm hand on what they're trying to achieve this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    Thought we were excellent yesterday but 2 wins doesn’t mean we’re suddenly challenging for Europe just like the 4 defeats in a row at the start didn’t mean we were certs for relegation. The new signings seem to be fitting in very well. Seymour and DeVries have been really good and Junior to come ahead of the game in Turners Cross next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    I dunno if we were awful at the start. Fair enough we lost 4 games but we were reasonably competitive in those games. The trouble was all the injuries to players and players being played out of position. Seems a long time ago now. Team looking balanced and everybody knowing their jobs. Some very good players nearly ready to come in too. Real competition for places in the squad which is always a good thing.
    I can only judge from the game I saw in the showgrounds in February which feels a lifetime ago now. It was an atrocious night for football, we where no great shapes and the didn’t have to sweat for the result. I think Bucko needed a break to be honest, when he is on track he is one of the best managers in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    I know VPNs can be used but its ridiculous that this evenings game in Derry is restricted for RoI viewers. Its the same damn league as all other games available so border bedamned!! (When it suits...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Poor game, rovers controlling it without doing a lot and fall behind to a goal that was a cross into the box that lopes missed a header on and manus didn't have time to react to keep out.
    Rovers need to step up a gear to get back into this,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Poor game, rovers controlling it without doing a lot and fall behind to a goal that was a cross into the box that lopes missed a header on and manus didn't have time to react to keep out.
    Rovers need to step up a gear to get back into this,
    Got my hopes up stupidly!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Great come back , in fairness rovers kept playing football and eventually it happened.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I didnt watch it properly until the last 15 mins but I was impressed with Alan Mannus some saves he made near the end.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Patience is a virtue, it seems.
    Derry played well and didn't deserve to lose, but Rovers were always gonna struggle on the manky surface. It looked like one of those tacky cheap des kelly carpets. Anyway we have the leagues best keeper and the leagues best defender in Pico. Onto next week and another tough game on the narrow inchicore pitch. Hopefully pats adopt the same tactics as used against dundalk as Rovers will find it easier to get at the pats back 4.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Hopefully pats adopt the same tactics as used against dundalk as Rovers will find it easier to get at the pats back 4.
    Interesting take on tactics given the fact that Pats didn’t play with a back 4 in Dundalk or in either of the two games after it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    407 Posts
    I know VPNs can be used but its ridiculous that this evenings game in Derry is restricted for RoI viewers. Its the same damn league as all other games available so border bedamned!! (When it suits...)
    Wasn't it restricted on the island as a whole, not just ROI ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Interesting take on tactics given the fact that Pats didn’t play with a back 4 in Dundalk or in either of the two games after it.
    I'm old, so I automatically call all defences back 4's. Whatever, if pats like they did against dundalk I'd be hopeful of another Rovers victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Narrow pitch doesn't suit our game , or the width we have with our wingbacks.
    3 Dublin derbies in a row now, pats , shels, bohs....
    Important stretch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Eir Sport have the exclusive live rights to the games they show and chose to excercise them tonight by not allowing WatchLOI to stream the game in Ireland.

Perfectly entitled to do it even if it’s frustrating for viewers without Eir.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Eir Sport have the exclusive live rights to the games they show and chose to excercise them tonight by not allowing WatchLOI to stream the game in Ireland.

Perfectly entitled to do it even if it’s frustrating for viewers without Eir.
    Makes sense now. Didnt realise the game was on Eir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Group of approx dozen Pats fans standing outside FinnPark watching tonight’s match ... no effort at social distancing , what a shower of anti social idiots, local Gardai should make them disperse immediately.... unless they are all from the same household
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 10/08/2020 at 8:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Pats fans and sensible away trips don't always go in the same sentence.

Just like watching it on the stream - couple of lads kicking a ball around without any sound

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Thought i saw Ollie smile there for a minute, didn't last long as he went over for a "discussion" with the officials.

Good result for Harps - now if they avoid Shamrock Rovers in the next round might have a chance of a cup run.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast