Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tonight’s games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Taking in to consideration that we dont know what the issue is at Waterford but if as implied, that players may have come in and not done mandatory isolation, or that dates have been cooked, well even for LoI it would be one of the most disgraceful ever incidents. Power has chanced his arm before as we know and got bitten, I hope any messing on this considering the potential implications for the whole league, teams being able to compete in Europe etc. that the FAI stomp on this. This also implies that something suss has registered on the radar. https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...ovid-breaches/ Its unlikely that a doctor would resign due to too many restrictions. Not adhereing to protocol or using protocol inappropriately to get a game postponed the for sure a club doctor should walk. I'm sure she will be asked for additional detail though it would be very general as even in this situation confidentiality on a negative case could be binding. There may only ever be implied concerns unless travel doc have been cooked.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Taking in to consideration that we dont know what the issue is at Waterford but if as implied, that players may have come in and not done mandatory isolation, or that dates have been cooked, well even for LoI it would be one of the most disgraceful ever incidents. Power has chanced his arm before as we know and got bitten, I hope any messing on this considering the potential implications for the whole league, teams being able to compete in Europe etc. that the FAI stomp on this. This also implies that something suss has registered on the radar. https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...ovid-breaches/ Its unlikely that a doctor would resign due to too many restrictions. Not adhereing to protocol or using protocol inappropriately to get a game postponed the for sure a club doctor should walk. I'm sure she will be asked for additional detail though it would be very general as even in this situation confidentiality on a negative case could be binding. There may only ever be implied concerns unless travel doc have been cooked.
    The mirror reported there’s been no indication of broken restrictions that’s not to say there hasn’t been any. The biggest problem at Waterford is the local man running the show for Power, unfortunately said person has a bad reputation and when called out by one of the clubs most respected volunteers at the end of last season he was very quick to ban said fan. The person in questioned isn’t very liked. Pretty sure he was involved in a court case against the club a few years ago. There is now rumours about Pats handling of the covid protocols which don’t sound good, if it’s true I’ve no doubt they’re not the only club to have done it.

The FAI should have regular testing and they should have punished Bohs for breaking restrictions. That has set the precedent.

Without regular testing I don’t think the season will finish. Clubs will have to take precautions and as we’re not heading into the colder side of the year I’m sure many players will have the sniffles.

Their has been no announcement as of yet on the result of the second player that had been tested which is concerning imo. It appears as though the second suspected case is an U19 player seemingly why the club was allowed return to training.

4. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345