Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Division/WNL Streams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts

First Division/WNL Streams

If anyone can provide details of offers of streams for away supporters for First Division matches, it would be much appreciated. Particularly interested in Wexford's match in Athlone next Friday. So far, Cobh and Galway are offering streams to include away supporters which is great. Cobh are charging 5 euros per match and Galway "a nominal charge."

Wexford are pretty sure to be doing a stream as well for their home match against Cabo on Friday week but I don't yet know of the arrangements for away supporters. Any details from other clubs would be welcome and also for the Women's League when it gets off the ground in a week or two.

(I did sign up for WatchLOI as well and had to nominate myself as a Waterford supporter!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Galway Utd charging €30 for all their games or €5 each

3. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    FD clubs not going to be allowed charge now apparently. I wasn't aware that they are getting a cut of Watch LOI but I'm sure they'd be more than happy to allow RTE have the option of streaming their games if they want to. If they don't want that option then the clubs should be free to.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Who is preventing them? RTE or FAI?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    That's an absolute shocker! I'd be very surprised if clubs went ahead without having FAI clearance that they could charge. How are Division 1 clubs who are playing at home this weekend supposed to change their arrangements two days before the games take place? Surely they can't be expected to refund any payments which they have already received.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Who is preventing them? RTE or FAI?
    The FAI delivered the message I believe but there are varying reports on why. Some suggestions on social media that it's the Premier Division clubs complaining as the Watch LOI money is being split 19 ways so why should FD clubs get "paid" twice.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I wouldn't have much sympathy for any FD club who went on a solo run on charging for their own streaming after being explicitly told they couldn't charge for their own streaming due to getting an even cut out of WatchLOI
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah if that was a clearly set out part of the deal for Watch LOI then I can see the argument. Though I think they should be allowed charge and all of the money split the same way as Watch LOI.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    FD clubs had to set up their own streams though whereas PD clubs pretty much had it all taken care of for them. Clubs like Galway & Drogheda have already invested in fairly expensive set ups to stream their games on the basis they'd cover costs by charging.

Judging by tweets of a few clubs media officers they were told in a meeting weeks ago to fire ahead and look after their own streams and there was no mention of not being able to charge until this email landed today. It's absolutely madness.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'll tell you one thing. Things like this are going to keep happening until Delaney and Gavin are gone.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    The solutions simple really. FD club can charge but they must submit details of the costs and anything above covering costs is split 19 ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    That's the windfall that's going to allow the league to really kick on.

"All Ireland League? Park it we've just made three euro and seventy eight cents from cobh ramblers live feed."

The pettiness of it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    The solutions simple really. FD club can charge but they must submit details of the costs and anything above covering costs is split 19 ways.
    Simple solution would be buy a online match programme, Hat, Scarve whatever for €5 and get link for a free stream of the games.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    This Mark Scanlan dude whos director now wonder is he going to take over that muppet Gavins job I wonder? From listening to one of the loi podcasts I have strong suspicions he might be. He has a strong background in schoolboy football.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    1st Div clubs should possibly have gone to fans to find out levels of interest and even pre payment for streaming. Then decided on whether to row in behind premier division clubs or go it alone. It isnt right really, if as suggested, that they would incurr greater cost of the set up than premier clubs yet an equal cut, but then the return for 1st division clubs could be greater eg a share of a hypothetical 3000 subscribers watching Dundalk v Rovers compared to a Cabo v Athlone 100?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    FD clubs had to set up their own streams though whereas PD clubs pretty much had it all taken care of for them. Clubs like Galway & Drogheda have already invested in fairly expensive set ups to stream their games on the basis they'd cover costs by charging.

Judging by tweets of a few clubs media officers they were told in a meeting weeks ago to fire ahead and look after their own streams and there was no mention of not being able to charge until this email landed today. It's absolutely madness.
    It's not madness. PD clubs/matches already had the bulk of the infrastructure ready for a streaming platform because of the existing TV coverage with RTE/EirSport/Trackchamp. To add all FD games to WatchLOI would have ballooned the expense of the venture with 5 additional games per week for a minimal percentage increase in viewers & subscribers to the new streaming platform.

FD clubs have done very well out of it to get an equal cut of the profits as a form of compensation for not getting their games onto the platform. Unless it was put in writing to the FD clubs I find it staggering the likes of Galway & Drogheda thought the FAI/LOI TV rights holder would not have found any objection to them going ahead profiting for their own live streaming while also simultaneously competing against the platform that they are also receiving money from
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    If Drogheda and Galway went ahead and did it based on the FAIs word, they deserve all the bad luck coming to them. They should have learned from the Waterford Euro debacle last year. Seems like the new FAI are just as incompetent as the old FAI. I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 25 years and I'm really considering just giving up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    If Drogheda and Galway went ahead and did it based on the FAIs word, they deserve all the bad luck coming to them. They should have learned from the Waterford Euro debacle last year. Seems like the new FAI are just as incompetent as the old FAI. I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 25 years and I'm really considering just giving up.
    You may well be correct, but it takes a lot longer to unpick years of rubbish and damn all money to do it. Common sense seems to be a rarity in general!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Galway still planning on going ahead with their paid streaming. Fair play to them.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Interesting initiative from LTFC. Access to streams and highlights included as part of a package for €5 a week or €40 for the season.

http://ltfc.ie/introducing-ltfc-plus/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast