Exclamation Shane Long got too ????

We are on top of the league !!
    Last edited by A face; 03/06/2005 at 1:11 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How do you know this?

WHAT is going on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    please reveal more face
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie
    please reveal more face

I'll try get a bit more info on this....i know Shane cousin very well, and there quite close so she might eb able to shed a little light on whats going on ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Two Faced

Quote Originally Posted by A face
    The guy that is meant to have eircom League football at his heart dealt a very swift blow to our football club and the guys defending him now are stabbing us in the back ..... filth, treacherous filth is all they are !!
    I agree. I heard Dolan was advising Long last week. Clearly change of contract was so could line up him for Reading robbery.

I hope i get an opportunity to tell Mr. Dolan what I think of him soon.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Is Long the guy that was on the Irish underage team recently?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Is Long the guy that was on the Irish underage team recently?
    U-19 International. Think he from Kilkenny or Tipperary. Joined City midway through last year & played for u21s.

You might remember him as they guy UCD took out in the 1st half of the u-21 league final last year.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah that's the one.are city getting any money from long's deal
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Please don't take offence fans of CCFC but I hate to say I told you so.I hate it when great talent leave's the league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pat Dolan stabbed us in the back !!!
    No no, he's our biggest fan, we all know that.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How in gods name did they get to see Shane ..... in played at 10 mins in the first team.

Well, it's Brian Lennox who's at City now, and he's the guy who agreed to send Shane over today 'as an act of goodwill'. A Face this is speculative, offensive and dangerous in legal terms. These are serious allegations buddy, you may want to edit them down a bit.
    Last edited by jofyisgod; 03/06/2005 at 6:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, when someone posts something bad about anyone from the club ye dismiss it as lies or inneuendo. Why are ye not doing the same with this ridiculous post?

It's common knowledge that Dolan gave Shane Long a professional contract but that the club took if off him AFTER Dolan was sacked. I'm surprised at you spreading these lies A face.

What should worry people is who was the person within the club responsible for putting the clause in Doyler's contract and for changing Long's contract. They should be sacked immediately before any more damage is done.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    What should worry people is who was the person within the club responsible for putting the clause in Doyler's contract and for changing Long's contract. They should be sacked immediately before any more damage is done.
    Hear hear. Someone needs to be held to account for what even Rico has called 'unprofessional'. This place is a fúcking circus at the moment.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dolan has been singing the praises of Shane Long since BEFORE he signed for the club and it is no surprise to me to see Shane move cross channel (because of his talent), nor is it a surprise to see Shane signing for Reading(because of eamon Dolan).
    I have no idea how much of an influence Pat Dolan had on the move, but I do know that he HAD an involvement somewhere along the line.
    Ive listened to Pat Dolan talking up this league since the day he came back from England.Ive seen the way hes made a reputation for himself through the media by having a swipe at English football and saying how the best talent in this country needed to be kept here.I always believed that the league needed the likes of Pat Dolan to give it a voice and an identity, but since he has been out of management Mr Dolan is only interested in looking after Mr Dolan!
    If he has had an involvement in the transfer, I say he has sold out his much loved league to what he has constantly described as an "enemy" to EL football.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just one more point.Approximately 12 years ago, Cork City FC sold Fergus O Donoghue to Cambridge United for roughly 50,000 irish pounds.
    I believe they will receive E40,000 for Long and E117,000 for Doyle.

So much for the league and its clubs moving onto bigger and better things over the past few years.RIDICULOUS figures, especially for Doyle in this day and age.
    Clubs in places like Norway,Croatia,Georgia,Hungary,etc etc.....sell their best players for 10 times that and more.Thats how they make some sort of inroads in Europe and establish an identity for themselves.Clubs in this league need to take a look at maximising potential income for their assets.Otherwise they will never improve.Thats FACT

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Copa Mundial.......is only interested in looking after himself!
    [/QUOTE]

So you think that he's making financial gains out of this? Tbh, that's fairly ridiculous, i don't see how that could stay under wraps, so we'll soon know either way. The only other gain he'd get from this is getting one over on the club who stabbed him in the back, and also by helping a good friend of his in their career development.
    Last edited by jofyisgod; 03/06/2005 at 6:41 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Shane Long has gone for €40k with the player keeping 5% of the transfer.
    First Division Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Whatever about Shane Long, who is only 17, Kevin Doyle is a top Irish under-21 international that has performed at a European level and is being sold at a false price. 117,000 is Roy Keane's weekly wage for heavens sake. Kevin Doyle is worth at least 1/2 a million( being consevative )

Shane Long is a bit of a mystery to me. Hopefully he will stay with City.

Karl Caulfield is supposed to be the next star out of Cork City. He's a midfielder.

Do I hear €5, €10....Sold to the club with the inside information for 20 euro.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As for Dolan, I'm sick of talking about him at this stage. CCFC has moved on- we're top of the table. Now it's time for Pat to move on and get another job, where he can put his considerable managerial/marketing ability to good use. Its also time for those fans who want him back to accept that it won't happen. Pat Dolan can do what he likes now, if he wants to become a football agent and involve himself in transfers he can do that, he owes CCFC nothing anymore, nor do we owe him anything. Can people now stop with the crap about him loving the club etc etc? He's gone and good luck to him. Unless he's been deliberately trying to dismantle our squad (which there is no evidence of) he is not a back-stabber. No is he a hero, or the biggest City fan alive or anything like that. He's an ex-manager- just like Dave Barry, Liam Murphy, Derek Mountfield, etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    As for Dolan, I'm sick of talking about him at this stage. CCFC has moved on- we're top of the table. Now it's time for Pat to move on and get another job, where he can put his considerable managerial/marketing ability to good use. Its also time for those fans who want him back to accept that it won't happen. Pat Dolan can do what he likes now, if he wants to become a football agent and involve himself in transfers he can do that, he owes CCFC nothing anymore, nor do we owe him anything. Can people now stop with the crap about him loving the club etc etc? He's gone and good luck to him. Unless he's been deliberately trying to dismantle our squad (which there is no evidence of) he is not a back-stabber. No is he a hero, or the biggest City fan alive or anything like that. He's an ex-manager- just like Dave Barry, Liam Murphy, Derek Mountfield, etc etc
    Exactly.

If the FAI had any cop on they would employ him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast