Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Restart 31st July

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    I think the vintners would have gone absolutely spare altogether if the 200 was relaxed but the pubs were kept shut (rightfully, people won't distance when drunk and being indoors a big risk factor too).

They are a powerful lobby so easier to hold sport back than to move us forward and have the publicans go proper mental altogether.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    They are a powerful lobby so easier to hold sport back than to move us forward and have the publicans go proper mental altogether.
    I always assumed that myself but this covid crisis has proved otherwise. It seems the old Irish hierarchy is no more the holy trinity of the Church , Vintners & the GAA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I always assumed that myself but this covid crisis has proved otherwise. It seems the old Irish hierarchy is no more the holy trinity of the Church , Vintners & the GAA.
    The Gah have in their heads tried to replace the Church without success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    I know nobody can attend games but match promotion seems to have disappeared.

In our case, 4 training photos is the height of the online content today (maybe there's other stuff behind the €18 paywall).

With games being spread out at different times it's harder to keep track of who's on and when.

Fan engagement should still be high on clubs' priorities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

In our case, 4 training photos is the height of the online content today (maybe there's other stuff behind the €18 paywall).

With games being spread out at different times it's harder to keep track of who's on and when.

We produced a programme for our games this week. It was the exact same as normal just in digital format. That aside I don’t know what we are doing apart from the obligatory social media stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Waterford have been allowed return to training as the second case has been deemed as a “casual contact”. https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/08/06/blu...-in-training/#

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The "casuals" always get the blame
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

I can see the early 5.45 KO catching a few people out tomorrow night alright.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    How brittle this all is has a good example in Aberdeen now, with 79 cases identified up to yesterday after last weekend and mostly centred around a couple of pubs. More people to be traced too. 8 from Aberdeen FC out for 3 games isolating after one muppet at least from the squad has tested positive after being in the pub. If his club test hadnt shown asymptomatic covid+ and he had to say where he has been it would have been up to a couple of weeks before the source of the cluster was known and a damn big spike in the city. Their game this weekend is going ahead which I find strange. If the timing of the club test had been different, by a single day or the virus hadnt incubated to show positive so soon it could have shutdown the league after one flipping round.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Their game this weekend is going ahead which I find strange.
    Postponed now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Local restrictions in Kildare, Laois and Offaly for two weeks and all sports events cancelled for this period, non-contact sport and training still allowed for a maximum of 15

What contingency is in place for LOI season if similar occurs in Dublin or Cork or in multiple locations where LOI clubs are located?
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Local restrictions in Kildare, Laois and Offaly for two weeks and all sports events cancelled for this period, non-contact sport and training still allowed for a maximum of 15

What contingency is in place for LOI season if similar occurs in Dublin or Cork or in multiple locations where LOI clubs are located?
    Not looking good I’d say we are heading back into lockdown. These local restrictions are all well and good but only really work in central community’s. I’m not sure people who live in areas that border other countries will adhere to the restrictions.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    174 cases today. Highest in three months. Still heavily concentrated in Kildare in particular, but it's not looking good at the moment

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    I wonder what it will take for them to shut Dublin down again? That's the big question. 27 new cases there today, and you'd imagine a few of the Kildare ones would have some kind of Dublin connection in terms of work.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Just call the season over now.
    Rovers champions,seems simplest solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Just call the season over now.
    Rovers champions,seems simplest solution
    Put every manager into a boxing ring royal rumble style last man standing gets the league trophy. I’d give SOD an outside chance. My money would be on Ollie Horgan.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    174 cases today. Highest in three months. Still heavily concentrated in Kildare in particular, but it's not looking good at the moment
    LSL teams from the 3 counties have had their games called off for the next 2 weeks at least. They are closer to finishing their seasons than the LOI with anything from 3 to 8 games still to play depending on the team but it's still a huge fixture headache with their season run-in, at least most of the players will be on amateur terms so no headaches there

There is a possibility now that LOI restart to finish the shortened season on the normal schedule on October 30th is going to backfire as clearly there has been no contingency for any local/national lockdowns during the restart that may need to extend the season beyond that date when most players contracts have expired.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    LSL teams from the 3 counties have had their games called off for the next 2 weeks at least. They are closer to finishing their seasons than the LOI with anything from 3 to 8 games still to play depending on the team but it's still a huge fixture headache with their season run-in, at least most of the players will be on amateur terms so no headaches there

There is a possibility now that LOI restart to finish the shortened season on the normal schedule on October 30th is going to backfire as clearly there has been no contingency for any local/national lockdowns during the restart that may need to extend the season beyond that date when most players contracts have expired.
    The only way around regional lockdown is the surrender home advantage or nominate an alternate venue. I do find it hypocritical by the government that horse racing Ireland are exempt from the lockdown makes no sense.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/08...aa-suspension/

Most sporting events have been banned, but non-contact outdoor sports and training may continue, with the latter subject to a maximum of 15 people. Training for professional athletes involved in contact sport can also continue.
    This allows Pats who train in Celbridge and I think maybe Longford who train in Leixlip (if they still train there these days) to continue to train. I’d imagine if there’s a lockdown in somewhere like Dublin or Cork as mentioned, the LOI looks like it could well have a better chance of exemptions than we might think. All depends on the severity of cases though of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/08...aa-suspension/

This allows Pats who train in Celbridge and I think maybe Longford who train in Leixlip (if they still train there these days) to continue to train. I’d imagine if there’s a lockdown in somewhere like Dublin or Cork as mentioned, the LOI looks like it could well have a better chance of exemptions than we might think. All depends on the severity of cases though of course
    That’s actually an excellent point I never considered that angle. We still train in ballyouster afaik.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast