57 Posts
    Just heard an ad on Newstalk for it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    What is the reason for tv companies only having one or two cameras at LOI matches? Is it purely financial or is it the facilities at most grounds? I think the floodlights in some grounds make it look bad too, dark areas on the pitch in Terryland and Richmond for example.
    I've always noticed on RTE highlights how one or two non-televised games a week may have an extra camera angle so I presume they will be utilising normal camera setups/ distributions for games
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Just the Premier Division?
    Sorry Bunny only saw ur post just now.Yeah its just top flight I am afraid. I know with us we are potentially talking about watching matches on our own website both home and away games and charging a fee for it which I would be glad to support if I cant make it even though I volunteer at matches
    I know for now ST holders are included in the 200 capacity that can go to matches.

BTW heard that UCD are allowing home fans in for free to their games with no away fans. I know their gates are low but WTF?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Where'd you hear that?

Don't think it's true

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    I heard UCD are paying people to go but still can't get people to attend.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Where'd you hear that?

Don't think it's true
    I heard it from our program editor and webmaster on our own forum so I trust his judgement. Hes sent UCD a email as we speak. If thats true we know how to blame for the virus spreading!
    If I am proven wrong I apologise.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Don't think Longford fans will be allowed in next week, but that was to be expected with the 200 restriction (incl players, etc)

Don't see it being open gates for home fans either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...ett-streaming/

To me he expects it not to take off and is saying it’s not RTE’s fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Yeah I jumped the gun pineapple. Sorry. I am that passionate about ppl pulling their weight to drive corona virus out off this island once and for all and saw red. I didn't mean to cause offence. Its thisockdown is causing posters here to argue with each other on the other thread. I know you personally a long time pineapple hope u accept my apologies

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    What is the reason for tv companies only having one or two cameras at LOI matches? Is it purely financial or is it the facilities at most grounds? I think the floodlights in some grounds make it look bad too, dark areas on the pitch in Terryland and Richmond for example.
    Think it's down to facilities but not the floodlights kind. For most TV productions they like to have two cameras at pitch level, one behind the goal at a height, and one at sideline at a height. The two at pitch level are expensive because wiring needs to be put in place and taken up each time, and at some grounds they have to rent a crane for the one behind the goal so I guess it'll be a case of if there's a permanent TV gantry behind the goal or not and if so how kitted out it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Sky have sometimes been showing championship matches earlier in the season via the red button and if I recall correctly they were single camera productions with just the one commentator and that wasn’t bad. Obviously not comparable to a game with the full complement of camera positions but I thought it was decent for what was effectively a streaming game. If our games are like that then I’d be happy enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I meant the floodlight issue just makes it look bad on tv. Maybe planning stipulations could be put in place for future developments that would require tv facilities to be included in new stands. A gantry on the halfway line and one in line with each goal line, just in case Hawkeye is ever considered!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Yeah I got what you meant by floodlights but I don't think aesthetics are what the difference would be between two cameras or one.

There are criteria in place requiring gantries to be a higher classification of stadium but there's really no incentive for the majority of LOI clubs to improve their ground past the minimum league standard. And then it could also be argued most grounds don't need a stand behind one end because the crowds just aren't there to demand it.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Spectators in the north are now allowed to attend outdoor sporting venues "where the operator can control access and ensure adherence to social distancing".

Essentially, no limit on numbers. The GAA are going for 400 spectators to start with, and reports that the Irish Cup final next weekend will have 500 at it. 500 seems low for the size of Windsor Park, mind.

No word on what the plan is for the Brandywell, but the FAI would probably need to make a call on it. Would love to be at the ground this day week, but would it be fair to other clubs for only one team to be allowed fans? Alternatively, maybe the FAI could use the Brandywell as a trial run of how to open other grounds.
    Have you ever won the treble?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Spectators in the north are now allowed to attend outdoor sporting venues "where the operator can control access and ensure adherence to social distancing".

Essentially, no limit on numbers. The GAA are going for 400 spectators to start with, and reports that the Irish Cup final next weekend will have 500 at it. 500 seems low for the size of Windsor Park, mind.

No word on what the plan is for the Brandywell, but the FAI would probably need to make a call on it. Would love to be at the ground this day week, but would it be fair to other clubs for only one team to be allowed fans? Alternatively, maybe the FAI could use the Brandywell as a trial run of how to open other grounds.
    Don’t think anyone should begrudge any fan that can attend a game if it’s allowed. I do think it could be used as a trial run for other clubs.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post

Derry operate on a different political jurisdiction than everyone else, so different rules applying is pretty standard really.

You could argue that it would give them an advantage to have a couple of hundred fans at a game, but I doubt those sorts of numbers would make much difference really. And once you go down the route of mitigating against the difference in political jurisdictions, where do you stop? For example - Derry have to pay VAT on gate receipts whilst no-one in the south does, which is a big disadvantage for them. It wouldn't help the AIL cause if clubs in the north thought the difference in jurisdiction was countered when it gave them a perceived advantage, but not when it gave them a disadvantage.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 24/07/2020 at 12:20 PM.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Wouldn't really have a problem with derry having fans in the ground. Maybe though with the caveat that the normal percentage be away fans, that way nobody could really complain. Way I see it some clubs have already had the advantage of playing certain games at home so there's not much of a fairness argument against it because that ship has sailed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Pack 3500 in declare attendance of 3000. Anyone asks say they got really life like cardboard cut outs with some movement ability and programmed with audio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Presumably Derry have at least 400 season ticket holders regardless, so they wouldn't have to declare anything, as they've already paid for their tickets.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Presumably Derry have at least 400 season ticket holders regardless, so they wouldn't have to declare anything, as they've already paid for their tickets.
    Good point. I am not sure what our current number of season ticket holders is but makes no difference pack the rest of us in 15 quid cash, never happened, happy days pay for Junior for next year with the profits.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast