Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Restart 31st July

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I can't watch the English football at the min, well to be fair never that attracted to it bar the championship but I can see the point here on the general sporting public not taking LOI GO service with no fans at matches.

More so, I can't see any fans at matches in LOI until 2021 given the current state of affairs.
    Its certainly heading in that direction currently. There may be the slightest of opportunity for LoI streaming games with the EPL and Championships only having a couple of games left. Maybe some addicted to football types will tune in for a fix. Depends on quality and cost; if its true that it will be between €50-70 for domestic and international season passes it's not going to get many of even the most fanatic or curious football fans signing up. With some games also being televised on RTE, to a lesser extent Eir, will people bother? €5 per game while potentially costing more seems an easier sell imo than a 'season' pass!?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Personally, I think the expected €55 is great value and my father has already asked me about that one, having not been at a LOI game in 30 years.

It could go much better than people think.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The language should be colorful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Personally, I think the expected €55 is great value and my father has already asked me about that one, having not been at a LOI game in 30 years.

I'd be willing to pay it myself and maybe you are right and Im being too negative. I do think that there is a psychological barrier in what people would pay. €5 per game seems like the bargain eg. €65 or whatever it will be for international streaming i think will put off overseas football fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Cork confirming no fans until restriction's are eased and attendance's are allowed to increase.......

https://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2020/...icket-holders/
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Think that's the balance they're looking for. Obviously people like us paying 55 quid is far less what we would if we were going to games (well, if we were paying at the gate) but this seems to be aimed at people who like the LOI but don't go to many/any games. Could work out OK for us, and be decent for promotion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    https://www.watchloi.ie/

This looks brilliant and well priced. €5 game pass is a great idea, which wasn't previously mentioned in reports.

All clubs buying ST holders a season pass (at a cut price) is good business too.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I think they're good prices for established LOI fans, but not so much if the aim is to get in new people. Just anecdotally, the EPL-heads in my office turned their noses up at the price, but it isn't like they were racing to get to Dalymount anyway.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I think they're good prices for established LOI fans, but not so much if the aim is to get in new people. Just anecdotally, the EPL-heads in my office turned their noses up at the price, but it isn't like they were racing to get to Dalymount anyway.
    How much would you charge, out of interest?

It's around 55/56 games, so a euro a game (fair enough very few are going to watch every game, but still). I don't think the game pass could be much cheaper than a fiver, really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    It’s a well presented package so well done to the FAI but sadly reckon it will only appeal to the hardcore. On top of that fans will potentially group together to watch games. I also know a lot of ST holders that can barely use their mobile phone never mind an online streaming service.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    How much would you charge, out of interest?

It's around 55/56 games, so a euro a game (fair enough very few are going to watch every game, but still). I don't think the game pass could be much cheaper than a fiver, really.
    Maybe have a time-based passes, ala Now TV. A tenner for a full weekend, or a month or something. I just think your fairweather "Oh I might give the LOI a shot" type would blanch at 55. They might take in one game for just a fiver though. That's the part I'd be pushing hard.

I do wonder about the quality though.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Sensible pricing imo. I also think there should be more made of the single game option - it's not an obvious price option that I can see on the main page unless you click on 'buy'. I'd have had it listed under 'packages' even as a single game. But maybe its nitpicking as its pretty close to what I was hoping for before the launch.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    https://www.watchloi.ie/

This looks brilliant and well priced. €5 game pass is a great idea, which wasn't previously mentioned in reports.

All clubs buying ST holders a season pass (at a cut price) is good business too.
    To be fair it seems decent and to have been handled well.
    The €5 game pass is a good idea and RTE providing cameras and commentators will help.
    Clubs getting it for season ticket holders will hopefully keep ST fans happy too and should stop people looking for refunds or expecting discounts next season.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Maybe have a time-based passes, ala Now TV. A tenner for a full weekend, or a month or something. I just think your fairweather "Oh I might give the LOI a shot" type would blanch at 55. They might take in one game for just a fiver though. That's the part I'd be pushing hard.

I do wonder about the quality though.
    Yeah, that would be a good idea. A tenner for a gameweek might attract a few new people in.

It's a one camera RTE production so you'd imagine it will be Soccer Republic quality, so should be decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Clubs getting it for season ticket holders will hopefully keep ST fans happy too and should stop people looking for refunds or expecting discounts next season.
    Clubs aren't paying €55 though, they're paying a lot, lot less. You'd also have households that have 2-3 STs.

If you've paid over €200, in some cases closer to €300, for a single ST, I think you're within your rights to expect a discount/refund having only been able to attend 2-3 games of the 18 games you had purchased for.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Just the Premier Division?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I'm probably in the "watch more on tv than actually go to games" category. I think I'll get a subscription as a way to support the league as much as anything. Hopefully there's more in my category, who take an interest, go to games semi-regularly but don't have a season ticket, and want to support the league.

A lot of people badly impacted by Covid who may not see it as a good way of using any disposable income, but also others who are saving a lot by working from home (personally lunches, coffees, etc. probably 50 or 60 a week savings alone). I've been trying to donate something to a fundraiser or charity most weeks and I'd see this in a similar light.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    If you've paid over €200, in some cases closer to €300, for a single ST, I think you're within your rights to expect a discount/refund having only been able to attend 2-3 games of the 18 games you had purchased for.
    Nobody saying fans arent entitled or within your rights to expect something. For most clubs their bread and butter is season tickets however (unless you have a sugar daddy, which is fair enough) and I'd like to think that ST holders would be fairly hard core supporters and understand that. Im sure some will look for discount/ refund, which I would get, but Id like to think that streaming of all games would hopefully be a fair compromise for most fans given the pile of crap that season has become.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    It's a one camera RTE production so you'd imagine it will be Soccer Republic quality, so should be decent enough.
    Not so, roughly 50% of games will be 2 camera but not possible to say at this juncture which games that will apply to. Decision will be editorial and be made much closer to game times.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    What is the reason for tv companies only having one or two cameras at LOI matches? Is it purely financial or is it the facilities at most grounds? I think the floodlights in some grounds make it look bad too, dark areas on the pitch in Terryland and Richmond for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Not so, roughly 50% of games will be 2 camera but not possible to say at this juncture which games that will apply to. Decision will be editorial and be made much closer to game times.
    Even better if that's the case. Was just going by the league website info.

It says on the FAQs: Unless the match is also being broadcast on TV, there will most likely be one camera at each match, but some games will have a two-camera setup.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast