Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: How many Finn Harps Supporters does it take to.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How many Finn Harps Supporters does it take to.......

create an atmosphere ?

Well judging from last nights performance, about 15-20. They illustrated that noise can be made and the Jinks Avenue stand gave a great effect and echoed the sound well. The lads in the main stand were giving it a go in fairness, but the main stand doesnt seem to want to know.

I have ordered a drum from tifo.it. A fellow supporter has agreed to take charge of this drum and use it at home games. Hopefully this will give all supporters a point from which to shout. That place will be the shed when it reopens.

The cost of the drum was €130 euro including tax, delivery and a 5% paypal charge. It will probably arrive within 3 weeks.

If anyone would like to make a donation to help cover this cost then that would be excellent. Just give me a shout or alternatively send your donation through paypal to garykelly.ie@gmail.com I will issue a receipt and thank you to each person that makes a donation.

Cheers
    Last edited by garykelly; 01/06/2005 at 1:06 PM.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    thank you.....need a good place to put it....top middle of the main stand and then maybe in the shed when she opens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well Done

Well done Gary.Glad to see that you agreed with my idea.
    You seem to get more done for the club than the board does.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair play, gary, a true bit o red man, donation on the way.
    Who put the ball in the Derry net.......Theres only one Gerry Carr.

FAI CUP 1994

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nice one Gary. Fair play to ya.
    Donantion made.
    Hopefully this we will make for a great atmosphere.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play Gary, great to see someone put an idea straight into action. The drum will make a big difference.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No Paypal Account

Hi Everyone,

I've created a link on www.thebitored.org to allow people to donate if they dont have a paypal account.

Many thanks to those who have donated already. Fair play to ye lads

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover
    thank you.....need a good place to put it....top middle of the main stand and then maybe in the shed when she opens
    Lads, as I'm not a shedhead I'll take it upon myself to speak for other non-shedheads that support the bit o red

I know you guys have nothing but the team at heart and you're all on for createing a much needed atmosphere in the Showgrounds but I don't think the place for your drum or your chanting is in the main stand. If you'd just let common sence pervail and think about this I know you'll agree with me on this one. The main stand in any ground is the place families will sit to enjoy the game. Adults with young children in tow don't want the children to be exposed to the type of 'support' shedhead type of supporters believe to be the only way to support their team. The type of vocal support is best restricted to an area of the ground and then if adults do decide to take their children into that section then it's their choice. Using the main stand as your base is unfair on everybody, yes even the shedheads. For the small travelling support that Finn Harps brought down they really made a big noise and I think the low roof of the blue seated stand only added to the it. Ideally your best location is the shed but as it's not an option in the immediate future I think you should consider locating yourselves drum and all in the middle section of the blue seated stand.
    Now before you decide to go on a witch hunt this is just a suggestion from one that supports the team in the company of children and I would like to be able to enjoy the occasion as much as the next without the worry of having the kids exposed to unsocial chanting.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Lads, as I'm not a shedhead I'll take it upon myself to speak for other non-shedheads that support the bit o red

I know you guys have nothing but the team at heart and you're all on for createing a much needed atmosphere in the Showgrounds but I don't think the place for your drum or your chanting is in the main stand. If you'd just let common sence pervail and think about this I know you'll agree with me on this one. The main stand in any ground is the place families will sit to enjoy the game. Adults with young children in tow don't want the children to be exposed to the type of 'support' shedhead type of supporters believe to be the only way to support their team. The type of vocal support is best restricted to an area of the ground and then if adults do decide to take their children into that section then it's their choice. Using the main stand as your base is unfair on everybody, yes even the shedheads. For the small travelling support that Finn Harps brought down they really made a big noise and I think the low roof of the blue seated stand only added to the it. Ideally your best location is the shed but as it's not an option in the immediate future I think you should consider locating yourselves drum and all in the middle section of the blue seated stand.
    Now before you decide to go on a witch hunt this is just a suggestion from one that supports the team in the company of children and I would like to be able to enjoy the occasion as much as the next without the worry of having the kids exposed to unsocial chanting.
    I totally agree Petmuller .

I was near the Finn Harps fans with the drum last night and the atmosphere there was great and you could even hear the beat of the drum echo off the new stand which was fantastic. So I think you should place the drum in the blue stand! But then the shed is going to be open for the Galway game anyway, according to the board
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

FAO All Rovers Supporters

Where was all the flags that were out for the Dublin game? or was just a once off any one see all the Flags the Harps fans have? I think they add to the atmosphere maybe i'm the only one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Petmuller on the main stand. Was never the intention to go at the drum in the main stand. Ideally the shed, otherwise the terrace or inside the jinks avenue stand. I'm not a shedhead either and I dont think you have to be to want to sing, chant and roar your team on. I'm not sure what the meaning of 'your drum' or 'your chanting' is. Surely it benefits everyone in the ground to know home supporters are making a noise. I'd like to think by starting off an atmosphere either in the shed or the other stand that people in the main stand would like to join. It's not meant to be for a splinter group of people. I never went in the shed, but i've no qualms about getting behind the team vocally. The Finn Harps game showed something had to be done, and hopefully taking delivery of this drum will be the first step in bringing the noise back to home games.

Thanks to every who has donated to the cost of this drum. Have recouped just over half the cost already.

RE: The Flags

No it's not a once off. I'll take charge of this for the home games. I know sometimes there are lads pushed for time and coming in late and so dont have time to either put up or take down the flags. I dont mind doing this so will have them back up for the Galway game.

Hopefully we'll be getting in more flags at some point in the future. There's nothing to stop anyone getting a flag done and bringing it to a game.

cheers
    Last edited by garykelly; 02/06/2005 at 8:33 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

paypal account.......

Quote Originally Posted by garykelly
    Hi Everyone,

I've created a link on www.thebitored.org to allow people to donate if they dont have a paypal account.

Many thanks to those who have donated already. Fair play to ye lads

Hi Gary,
    Small Paypal donation made today, did you cover your costs yet??.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McSligo
    Hi Gary,
    Small Paypal donation made today, did you cover your costs yet??.

Thanks alot McSligo. 2/3rds of the cost has been covered, which is a great response from people. Hopefully it will go a small way towards getting a bit of noise going at the showgrounds.

thanks again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile drum

i would be only too delighted to forward 50 euro toward cost but i wish to remain anon. as i am not to computer literit i will forward bank draft to you gary . please let me know how i can do this and no fraudsters please. money must only go to gary. by the way i agree that drum is not for main stand but would suit very nicely in blue seated stand or shed when opens. i think its great that somebody has taken up the initiative and no disrespect to those who want it in the new stand but i somehow feel that certain people would complain if it was in new stand. they are a quiet lot there

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile drum red arrow hear again

hi gary,
    can i go into my bank and transfer monies into your paypall acc. i.e. gary kelly.ie@gmail.com . is it that simple. sorry again but as i said i am not totally up to date with all this modern technology. please reply and confirm and i will do so tomorrow

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    red arrow - check ur PM's.

Thanks very much for the donation. red arrows donation cover's the cost of the drum, so thanks to everyone who showed their support in doing this. i'll be looking into getting some flags done now to bring some more colour in. if anyone has flags but doesnt bring them to games, then why not give them to the trust who can look after them and put them up in the ground. at the end of the season then the trust would make sure they are returned to their owners. just an idea cos i heard people have flags but dont bring them to games cos they might want to go out after or dont have time to put them up.

The drum actually arrived last night. which was a very quick delivery. The thing now is to find someone to play it. A supporter volunteered to do it but he is now moving from the area, which is a pity. if anyone out there is willing to make noise with the drum on match days then let me know. I was chatting to another lad and might be able to source another drum. I'd be doing various things on match days like collecting votes etc or whatever happens to be on so if someone can volunteer to do the drum that would be brilliant.