Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Saturday is a must win

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturday is a must win

I really think Saturdays game is the most important of the group...if we win we will win the group but a draw would keep us in trouble

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If we can't beat Israel at home we shouldn't be going to the world cup.
    If that happens we should start looking for another manger.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I admire Kerr and think he gets some ridiculous stick from ridiculous people. This is a good team that he's helped to build and there is a lot of quality in it. Israel, without wishing to repeat myself, are handy but not a great side. I seriously question their dark horse title. If we can't beat this lot at home, we just don't deserve to top this group, simple as that.

We're missing Keane and Carr. Finnan will more than make up for Carr but Keane is a serious loss. However, they're missing their burly centre-back (I can't remember his name now but he's apparently the lynch pin of the defence, I think he plays for Bolton), which is a big loss for them.

We have to win and there are no excuses for not beating them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Donal81]

We're missing Keane and Carr. Finnan will more than make up for Carr but Keane is a serious loss. However, they're missing their burly centre-back (I can't remember his name now but he's apparently the lynch pin of the defence, I think he plays for Bolton), which is a big loss for them.

[QUOTE]

Reports today suggest Finnan is also out along with Maybury so a serious problem at rightback. May well see Reid play there. I'd expect to get away with it against Israel and the Faroes as opposed to against the Swiss or French.

I believe it's a game we must take 3 points from and 6 points over the course of the week. Anything less makes our path to Germany all the more difficult. I think France can only get better and this is a great opportunity to cement our place at the top of the table.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    anyone else hear sports news on Newstalk this morning....said both Finnan and Maybury have not recovered and are out of forthcoming matches??
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ...well that answers that then....!
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Finnan's out, that's obviously bad news. Maybe that explains Stephen Reid at right-back against Celtic...

However, Israel are missing Tal Ben-Haim (I finally remembered most of it, Google filled in the gaps) and, as far as I know, he's the boss of the defence. He certainly knocked the sh!te into Duff in Tel Aviv and helped to make their defence tough to beat that night (not that we troubled them too much anyway!). He won't be there either so they're in the same boat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Stephen Kelly?
    or Owen Heary for that matter?
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    Stephen Kelly?
    Stephen Kelly pulled out of the U-21 squad a few days ago through injury. Bad timing for the guy, could be starting his first competitive game Saturday otherwise!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed with most of the drivel above, it is indeed a must win. I reckon these chaps are in the same bracket as Iran in 2001. The away game was tough, atmosphere etc, but for the victory in lansdowne they were farily mediocre. Isreal, when having home support behind them were always going to be difficult and got away with a hell of a lot, they have their points from scoring in the last fifteen minutes or so in most of their games. it will be a different ball game on saturday, i don't think they will give us too much of a problem if our lads do their jobs properly. The three points are crucial and i have confidence that we can beat them comfortably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think this could be a nervous afteroon but I think we will do enough to come away with a 1 or 2 nil win. I dont think its going to be easy but if we have aspirations to top the group this is a game we need to win. Six points from these 2 games sets us up nicely for the autumn internationals.
    In Trap we trust

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tired&Emotional
    anyone else hear sports news on Newstalk this morning....said both Finnan and Maybury have not recovered and are out of forthcoming matches??
    This is fairly bad news. There may be hope for Finnan yet, though - fingers crossed.
    If not, what are the options? in terms of left-footed and right-footed, would it make any difference to play O'Shea at RB and Harte at LB maybe?
    Otherwise, it'd have to be S. Reid at RB, in which case the Celtic match will prove to be a valuable decision after all.

Could we not have appealed that ridiculous yellow card for time-wasting against Carr at some point? Time-wasting seemed a huge part of the Faroes game in Lansdowne and they went unchecked for it.