Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What key indicators need to be present for the LOI to start back in June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Vaccine is unlikely to be available to the public in 2020. Even if fast tracked, a new treatment will have to go through appropriate testing. Unless I've totally missed something, that seems to be the case from any reputable source I've checked.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Vaccine is unlikely to be available to the public in 2020. Even if fast tracked, a new treatment will have to go through appropriate testing. Unless I've totally missed something, that seems to be the case from any reputable source I've checked.
    Vaccine will prob go through testing quicker. There are 3 stages in testing and because the treatment is similar to SARS apparently, the first two stages of a drug has effectively been done.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Vaccine will prob go through testing quicker. There are 3 stages in testing and because the treatment is similar to SARS apparently, the first two stages of a drug has effectively been done.
    Anything I'm reading says 12-18 months. Do you have a link for this? 12 - 18 months would still be considered quick.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Anything I'm reading says 12-18 months. Do you have a link for this? 12 - 18 months would still be considered quick.
    Covid 19 is another form of SARS. So they should have a head start when getting a vaccine as they should hopefully be able to the human trials and skip ahead of the other stages as they have been undertaken already during the first SARs. Thats not to say it will be a quick process. They think it is not like normal flu and it dosent mutate every year so once there is a vaccine it is unlikely to come back again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    The early stages can be speeded up with prior knowledge of similar coronaviruses and new ways of analysing new viruses, but the human trials are the slow part - like this article says, the trials can't go faster than human metabolism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ccine-covid-19
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Starting to think full normality returning might be around Christmas/ January, allowing for one or two blips, false peaks. It might all end up very convenient in us just skipping a full year and all leagues picking up exactly where they left off. Just call the Premiership and all winter seasons the 2019/21 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Starting to think full normality returning might be around Christmas/ January, allowing for one or two blips, false peaks. It might all end up very convenient in us just skipping a full year and all leagues picking up exactly where they left off. Just call the Premiership and all winter seasons the 2019/21 season.
    If it last that long then it’s hard to see the version of normality we had before this starting returning. It would cause a massive global recession for a start & what businesses survive including LOI clubs would be interesting.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are we heading for trouble? Anybody know if what 'Bricks and Mortar' is talking about in the Times today is for real or a non runner. If for real it has the capability of holding progress back.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambo123 View Post
    Are we heading for trouble? Anybody know if what 'Bricks and Mortar' is talking about in the Times today is for real or a non runner. If for real it has the capability of holding progress back.
    Any chance of telling the rest of us what was in the Times?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Nixon Morton from SFAI wrote to UEFA to say that he and fellow Council members are concerned that the conditions attached to the Government bailout of the FAI goes against the FIFA constitution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Nixon Morton from SFAI wrote to UEFA to say that he and fellow Council members are concerned that the conditions attached to the Government bailout of the FAI goes against the FIFA constitution
    Did UEFA or FIFA respond to any of the previous letters he wrote to them over the years under the Delaney rule regarding the running of the association? 🤔

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    How long has he been on the council? As council members who have been there for 10+ years are expected to step down, this looks like a desperate attempt to retain his seat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Rovers are surveying Season ticket holders with regards to getting back playing, i.e. social distancing preferences and the like, are other clubs doing this? seems to me from the questions in it that there might be a plan, but they are fishing for opinions before hand

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Now I don't wish to generalise (not that it will stop me!), but if there's one thing I've learned from history it's that acting on the word of anyone called Nixon might not be the wisest thing.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Rovers are surveying Season ticket holders with regards to getting back playing, i.e. social distancing preferences and the like, are other clubs doing this? seems to me from the questions in it that there might be a plan, but they are fishing for opinions before hand
    Can't see why would clubs survey anybody ... sure there isint a concrete plan for 15 clubs to play football this season. No LOI is still a real possibility this season.
    Last edited by redobit; 03/06/2020 at 1:19 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    'Turkeys complain about being expected to vote for Christmas'.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    I am glad that N Morton is highlighting the concerns of many regarding the recent takeover of the FAI. None of those in charge now seem to have had any significant involvement with Irish soccer. It must be very frustrating for those who have done the donkey work for years to nurture the game in Ireland to be cast aside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Lol these turkeys are exactly the people who need to be excluded from Irish football.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Athlone Town 'in no way supports, shares nor endorses any of the concerns expressed by Mr Morton'

Are the Athlone Town board still the ones the supporters were boycotting and who were bringing in allegedly match-rigging players?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Athlone Town 'in no way supports, shares nor endorses any of the concerns expressed by Mr Morton'

Are the Athlone Town board still the ones the supporters were boycotting and who were bringing in allegedly match-rigging players?
    Yeah I believe so as only reason that one of the Athlone town lads Ashley cahill that used to post on here the only reason he goes is that he does photos of matches there. I know of another athlone fan with same issues who hasnt gone for a long time!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12