Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What key indicators need to be present for the LOI to start back in June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Vaccine is unlikely to be available to the public in 2020. Even if fast tracked, a new treatment will have to go through appropriate testing. Unless I've totally missed something, that seems to be the case from any reputable source I've checked.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Vaccine is unlikely to be available to the public in 2020. Even if fast tracked, a new treatment will have to go through appropriate testing. Unless I've totally missed something, that seems to be the case from any reputable source I've checked.
    Vaccine will prob go through testing quicker. There are 3 stages in testing and because the treatment is similar to SARS apparently, the first two stages of a drug has effectively been done.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Vaccine will prob go through testing quicker. There are 3 stages in testing and because the treatment is similar to SARS apparently, the first two stages of a drug has effectively been done.
    Anything I'm reading says 12-18 months. Do you have a link for this? 12 - 18 months would still be considered quick.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Anything I'm reading says 12-18 months. Do you have a link for this? 12 - 18 months would still be considered quick.
    Covid 19 is another form of SARS. So they should have a head start when getting a vaccine as they should hopefully be able to the human trials and skip ahead of the other stages as they have been undertaken already during the first SARs. Thats not to say it will be a quick process. They think it is not like normal flu and it dosent mutate every year so once there is a vaccine it is unlikely to come back again.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    692 Posts
    The early stages can be speeded up with prior knowledge of similar coronaviruses and new ways of analysing new viruses, but the human trials are the slow part - like this article says, the trials can't go faster than human metabolism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ccine-covid-19
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Starting to think full normality returning might be around Christmas/ January, allowing for one or two blips, false peaks. It might all end up very convenient in us just skipping a full year and all leagues picking up exactly where they left off. Just call the Premiership and all winter seasons the 2019/21 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Starting to think full normality returning might be around Christmas/ January, allowing for one or two blips, false peaks. It might all end up very convenient in us just skipping a full year and all leagues picking up exactly where they left off. Just call the Premiership and all winter seasons the 2019/21 season.
    If it last that long then itís hard to see the version of normality we had before this starting returning. It would cause a massive global recession for a start & what businesses survive including LOI clubs would be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12