Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shels win Fingal Co. Council vote on stadium...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Shels win Fingal Co. Council vote on stadium...

SHELS MOVE CLOSER TO NEW STADIUM

Shelbourne's plan to move from Tolka Park to a new stadium near Swords received a massive boost when Fingal Co. Council voted in favour of designating land for the project.

A statement from the club, released today, reads: 'Shelbourne Football Club is delighted to hear that Fingal County Council voted last night to confirm the designation of land in the Swords/Donabate area for development of a new stadium for the club.'

The current eircom League champions have noted locals' concerns about the proposed move to Fingal.

However, they have said they will work with residents to smooth out any problems the new stadium may create.

'The Management Committee of Shelbourne is acutely aware that a small number of residents in the vicinity of the site for the proposed stadium, have reservations about the suitability of the land for this development.

'It will be a priority for Shelbourne FC over the next few months to work with Fingal County Council to allay these fears and reservations.'

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p232.htm

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    What capicity is the new stadium gonna be? I read on another thread in this forum that it will only be 2,800 that can't be right or can it?
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish
    What capicity is the new stadium gonna be? I read on another thread in this forum that it will only be 2,800 that can't be right or can it?
    Someone said that is the intial capacity they would apply for then try bit by bit to gain permission for all stands or something? I know some people will joke about low Shels attendencesbut there's no way they'd build a stadium that small. From what I have read from Shels fans on this board it will be 6,000 with a view to extending to 10,000 in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I read today it'll be 7,800 initially, but I've also heard 6,800 so could be either of them. The view is to extending it after it's been built and we have moved in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    I read today it'll be 7,800 initially, but I've also heard 6,800 so could be either of them. The view is to extending it after it's been built and we have moved in.
    I'm not very up on that part of Dublin. How is it for transport? Near any DART Lines, city centre bus routes or the M50?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I'm not very up on that part of Dublin. How is it for transport? Near any DART Lines, city centre bus routes or the M50?
    It's near the motorway, but the roads from the motorway to the site are poor, and there's virtually no public transport whatsoever, only one bus that runs every hour.

On the face of it, it's the last place in the world I'd put a football stadium and alot of fans are dead set against it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    There's nothing there at all according to the Shels fanzine. They did an investigation and talked to people living up there and had it all up on their site before they met with Ollie and promptly changed their minds completely.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    It's near the motorway, but the roads from the motorway to the site are poor, and there's virtually no public transport whatsoever, only one bus that runs every hour.

On the face of it, it's the last place in the world I'd put a football stadium and alot of fans are dead set against it.
    What's the idea then? How are existing fans going to get there and even away fans from South Dublin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's the idea then? How are existing fans going to get there and even away fans from South Dublin?
    God only knows, it's like a government secret right now, no details are being released at all. The only things we know came from the Fanzine that Schumi mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    God only knows, it's like a government secret right now, no details are being released at all. The only things we know came from the Fanzine that Schumi mentioned.
    Sounds odd. Also if you consider right now you are suitable to host neutral games like the Setanta Cup Final you'll be out of consideration in an inaccessable area. Particularly if Bohs get Dayler sorted out. I assume they intend to get into the locals hoping they are untapped to boost the fan base?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Maybe they are calling it a day with Shels ... you know ... throwing the towel in and make a few quid along the way ... sell Tolka, move to where no one can get to them and the club folds and they are left sitting on all the cash from Tolka !!

I'll tell ya something though ..... they are going the right way to go wrong !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds odd. Also if you consider right now you are suitable to host neutral games like the Setanta Cup Final you'll be out of consideration in an inaccessable area. Particularly if Bohs get Dayler sorted out. I assume they intend to get into the locals hoping they are untapped to boost the fan base?
    That seems to be the plan, apparently there will be loads of houses going up in the area around the stadium in the not too distant future, but for me the negative outweighs the positive based on all the info that's been released so far (Precious little of it from the club).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So Shels are moving to Bishopstown?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    That seems to be the plan, apparently there will be loads of houses going up in the area around the stadium in the not too distant future, but for me the negative outweighs the positive based on all the info that's been released so far (Precious little of it from the club).
    There isn't any feelings of something dodgy afoot is there? Like just cashing in from Tolka and leaving a surplus to be pocketed after the move?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    So Shels are moving to Bishopstown?
    Isn't there a road to Bishopstown?

There isn't any feelings of something dodgy afoot is there? Like just cashing in from Tolka and leaving a surplus to be pocketed after the move?
    From what I've seen about this, there definitely seems to be something odd about the whole thing. Shels have said nothing publicly and fans went to an effort to highlight the problems, they were called to a meeting with Ollie, obviously told some details confidentially and promptly did a complete volte face and now won't tell anyone why. Whatever they found out at the meeting must be either something illegal (or at least dodgy) or something that would completely scupper the whole deal.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Stop that ... stop that right now .... what a crazy thought ..... what will you come up with next ... smuggling cigs across the border or something completely mad like that ..... shame on you !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Still think it is criminal to allow apartments be built on Tolka Park.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Of course there's something dodgy about it. Olly is getting into bed with some seriously sinister people (almost as bad as him) who are only drooling over the propect of getting their hands on Tolka. Where this will leave $hels is irrelevant to them. Among them are the ones who are holding Rovers to ransom over the lease for our stadium in Tallaght, so $hels fans think twice before you decide to slag us off over our predicament again.

Lissenhall is a cheap solution for getting $hels out of the way. Somebody mentioned Bishopstown, the similarities are astounding.
    Ireland: Discovered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Stop that ... stop that right now .... what a crazy thought ..... what will you come up with next ... smuggling cigs across the border or something completely mad like that ..... shame on you !!
    I was asking from a perspective of the Shels fans. Obviously down in Cork you already believe he is building the new stadium on an Indian burial ground bought for a 5 and the stadium will be built of paper by which time he will have sailed off with the Tolka money into the unknown.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But Shels don't own Tolka
    They only own the lease which has less than 50 years i think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast