IN the wake of his dismissal from the technical area during Saturday night’s game against Dublin City at the Showgrounds, Sligo Rovers boss, Sean Connor, says the F.A.I. should look to improve the level of communication between officials and managers.

“Referees make the decisions which can have a big impact not alone on games, but on an entire season. Having made those decisions they are not prepared to answer questions afterwards, or are at least very reluctant to do so,” he said.

Connor, however, acknowledged that he felt he had let his players down in being sent from the technical area by referee, Conor Fitzgerald, on the advice of the fourth official, Paul Deering.

“I talk a lot about discipline to my players and obviously I was disappointed with my own reaction. We had just scored and as a passionate person, I gave a passionate reaction in what was a very important game for both myself and the players.

“I do think there is a barrier between referees and managers and this is something the F.A.I. should look at,” he said.

http://www.unison.ie/sligo_champion/...issue_id=12530