Thread: Troy Parrott (F Spurs b.2002)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts

Troy Parrott (F Spurs b.2002)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It's quite unfair to insinuate Troy's mate is involved with gangland activity due to who his family members are. He hasn't been convicted of anything.
    He is 18 in a yacht on Dubai. He is at best just in receipt of funds made through his familys drug cartel.. he is a criminal.. if you receive money through crime you are also a criminal. That is the law of our country.

Also troy was mates with another poor young fell who was shot dead.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    He is 18 in a yacht on Dubai. He is at best just in receipt of funds made through his familys drug cartel.. he is a criminal.. if you receive money through crime you are also a criminal.
    Maybe Parrott paid for them both. Fact is, we don't know.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Maybe Parrott paid for them both. Fact is, we don't know.
    I doubt it.. but good point

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    He is 18 in a yacht on Dubai. He is at best just in receipt of funds made through his familys drug cartel.. he is a criminal.. if you receive money through crime you are also a criminal. That is the law of our country.
    Not sure i'd quite go along with that. I mean, a 16 year old who has his school fees paid by his father doesn't become a criminal because of that. If someone's parent makes their money through crime, it doesn't mean the child should starve to death because to use any proceeds of crime would be illegal or wrong.

Obviously this isn't the same but I wouldn't be too dogmatic about the idea that a moral 18 year old should entirely break ties with their family or that, parents responsibilities for providing for a child stops the moment they turn 18. It's all pretty grey.

I'd see this pretty much the same way I'd see most kids asking their parents money for a 6th year holiday... Wouldn't really hold the kid responsible for asking the question (assuming that's how the tickets were paid)
    Last edited by elatedscum; 02/03/2020 at 5:59 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I'm no fan of Mourinho and I can't help but think that he is cynically motivated with how he is handling Troy.

However, it's not a hidden secret that Troy is friends with some really nasty people. I've also heard from a fairly reliable person that his attitude isn't quite where it should be.

He has world class talent for a lad of his age. However, he wouldn't be the first to throw it away. Lets hope he knuckles down and makes the right decisions and if he does that, he will make it at Spurs imo.

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    "He will be on the bench tomorrow," the Spurs boss said of the Dubliner. "We cannot tell you obviously every detail but we're taking good care of a young player and also taking care of a young boy in society, in private life. That's a process.

Jees when i brought this up originally didnt think so much emphasis would be placed on it...clearly there is something they really do not like.
    I'd imagine posting tributes to murdered drug dealers and hanging around in Dubai with the son of a psycho drug trafficker has something to do with it. I'm sure he's well aware of what's going on.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Pretty sad krul needs to do that to a teenager. Parrott should have turned and said I haven't seen many from you either cos you don't play
    Troy should have said
    "Fu*k off you German tart "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Pretty sad krul needs to do that to a teenager. Parrott should have turned and said I haven't seen many from you either cos you don't play
    Or threatened to get the Kinahan's after him.

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Keeper doing his job, getting an advantage. No problem with it. Troy will learn from it no doubt.
    Maybe Troy should retort "don't you know who my friends are?"

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Its a sad indictment of modern Ireland that the tentacles of drug dealers reach in to so many places ! !