• No

15 50.00%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Record first doses administered, and total doses, but the disappointing second dose numbers (lowest in nearly two months) means it's a little short of the expected 210k total: https://twitter.com/COVID19IECharts/...23565108736012
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Just in case it's of use to anyone - first vaccine yesterday in Riverside Hotel, Enniscorthy. Really well organised there - in and out in 25 minutes including 15 minute observation period. AZ vaccine administered which I'd probably prefer rather than the MRNAs, but I'd happily take anything. Even though you're wearing a mask on the way in, they give you a new one and ask you to change. Thus far, only very mild symptoms but nothing to worry about and could certainly go to a match if there was one on. The jab administrator recommended that I take a course of paracetamol for 24 hours after the jab which I'm doing.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    My Mam just turned 59, registered in the morning yesterday and within an hour had a call from her GP and was down and vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine first dose. My Dad is just about to turn 63 and registered nearly two weeks ago, but hasn't been called yet. Different GPs and my Mam would have a few more underlying risks so may have influenced her being called so quickly. 10th of May is the first day of intercounty travel and my Dad's birthday too, so I'm looking forward to popping down for a possible round of golf.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Passed 500,000 fully vaccinated at the weekend, roughly 10% of the population, and administered 244,000 doses in the previous seven days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    A quarter million a week, or a million a month, sounds like the kind of speed we need all right. Pity it's taken us so long to get there, but the months ahead should look a lot better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I have my first dose on the 24th via my GP. Yahoo!

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    First dose of Pfizer vaccine later today. Didn't expect to be on a priority list (I'm 38), although I am on an immune suppressant drug for psoriatic arthritis (at the mild end of the scale). After last meeting with rheumatologist I though it was unlikely I'd be called early but got a text out of the blue last week.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Registered yesterday. I'll be happy to take whatever one I'm offered.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I'm about to be due my second AZ vaccine in the second week of June as part of the "12-week second dose" schedule. I reckon I'll be eligible by virtue of the date of my uteral expulsion then but won't be given AZ.

Hard to know how to approach it.

I got the first back in Feb by virtue of being a front-line worker in Test Centre.

Only for HMRC have been incredibly awful at issuing me my National Insurance number, by virtue of my job working for a a utility based in the North, I could well have stocked right up and got one there too!

Vaccines, five for 50!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Got my first Pfizer jab on Friday, woohoo
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Got mine yesterday. Screw the rest of ye.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    And pfft to you too, Adam! I got a haircut last week. So there!! Cost a fortune - they charged me by the weight of it!

Got my appointment today for 3.30 tomorrow. Pfizer for me. Can not wait...
    Last edited by Eminence Grise; 02/06/2021 at 4:38 PM.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    And pfft to you to, Adam! I got a haircut last week. So there!! Cost a fortune - they charged me by the weight of it!
    I got a haircut recently too. Cost €20 from a fella usually charges €12. Can't say I didn't expect some kind of surcharge, as he has extra costs and months spent closed during which he may have been paying rent, but it felt steep. I hope this nonsense doesn't persist.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    I started going to a place Mrs Grise found when the first lockdown was easing up, so it's a bit more upmarket than I was used to. Weird how there seems to be an inverse law of the universe that the less hair I have on top the more it costs to cut.

Anyway, just back home from Citywest. One Pfizer jab down. No ill effects yet, but still early doors. It's some operation there - very streamlined and professional, couldn't have had a nicer nurse (other than the one I married!!)... If any of you work or volunteer there or somewhere similar, it's something to be proud of.
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Got my first dose in Glasgow on Sunday. Pfizer. Had a sore arm for a day or two, and was pretty wiped on Monday, otherwise no major side effects

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Registered this morning, seeing a few people on Twitter say they've gotten appointments in less than two days, but overall I'd say the average is around a week
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    For me, it took 12 days to get an appointment, but I've also heard of people who got theirs within a couple of days. Will get my first jab (Pfizer) on Tuesday.
    Maybe it depends a bit on where you are within your age bracket, like they might have processed all the 49 and 48 year olds first before they move on to the 47, 46 and 45 year olds, which might be why it took a bit longer for me as a 45 year old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Had my first Pfizer a week back , no after affect at all. I had a few beers and the hangover was worse. It’s only when you get it you realise how bad the anti vaccine nonsense is.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Got my first one Pfizer three weeks ago having become eligible three weeks before that. I ran into a glitch in the UK bookings system which hinders a very small percentage who are eligible but the system doesn't recognise as being so. Helpdesk were aware of it so its happening plenty, said its an IT fix and to wait 72 hours, which I did, checking back with them each time the 72hrs had elapsed, each time I'm told the same - for three weeks. Local GP surgery couldn't help but checked all my details, registered correctly, problem wasn't there. All this time I could see unused appointments at the local vax centre and I was preparing to reopen my bar on May 20th & getting twitchy.

Emailed the local ( Tory ) MP detailing the above, got a reply within an hour asking for more details and saying the were on this. Head of the county NHS rang me within 24 hours saying they were on this and was sent an appointment link within an hour of him calling me offering a vax appt in a nearby town the next day. Obviously I took it. Tories, getting sh*t done ( or not wanting this in a local paper, who knows )

Had the jab, great set up in a nothing provincial town at the football clubs indoor facility, sore shoulder, wiped for a day energy wise but on and up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Due to get my first jab (modena) on Saturday
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast