International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Ah here Jack played very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Jack Byrne is currently the best creative midfield association football player eligible to play international football for the country
    Thats quite a leap in just a few minutes

I get the idolatry stuff and the exhilaration for the win last night, especially after consistently being league also-rans in recent years and constantly getting beaten.

Jack Byrne scored a cracking winner last night, but was otherwise very ordinary.

Congrats on the win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

I get the idolatry stuff and the exhilaration for the win last night, especially after consistently being league also-rans in recent years and constantly getting beaten.

Jack Byrne scored a cracking winner last night, but was otherwise very ordinary.

Congrats on the win
    Idolatry ...... glad to see you finally get it .

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Now I see what it was like here for others when we were challenging with Dundalk. Entertaining if not very petty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Sorry now lads but all ye rovers fans are delusional regarding Byrne and Ireland, hes playing at league 1 level at best, do it in england and i cant argue with ye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Congrats on the win
    I feel your pain, been there
    Last edited by sbgawa; 29/02/2020 at 12:57 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Great game in Tallaght, between two top class teams playing free flowing football supported by two loud sets of fans in top facilities. What it's all about really.

That Flores goal was something special that all 7600+ in the ground will remember but I'd feel fairly safe in saying he won't give a **** about it considering the result.

As for criticism of Jack Byrne, give your head a shake lads, he was top class. Can say he gave the ball away for the second Dundalk goal all you like but at the end of the day he's a creative midfielder so not everythings expected to come off.

As for Chris Shields, on a booking he is ordinary, when he's not he's very decent don't get me wrong but when he's been booked like a lot of defensive midfielders he's very ordinary because his game is based around being a thorn in the side of the oppositions attacking players and he can't do that on a yellow and you could see once he got on the yellow he was giving that extra yard, there was one point when Byrne was going across the box and you could see both Shields and Flores go to take him out and both realise they were booked and pull out, luckily for them Sloggett was there to make the tackle. It's situations like that though where Shields looks ordinary once he's booked and can't put the challenge in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I turned to the guy beside me after 10 mins and said it's a step up from cork and bohs.
    Dundalk are strong everywhere which is what makes th erm so hard to beat. The squad strength is frightening there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I turned to the guy beside me after 10 mins and said it's a step up from cork and bohs.
    Dundalk are strong everywhere which is what makes th erm so hard to beat. The squad strength is frightening there.
    Do you think Dundalk have a stronger squad than Rovers? And in what areas?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Congrats on the win
    Cheers, answering to different posts, i do not think that i idolize anyone, except maybe Morrissey Creatively he is the best we have at the mo....eh byrne not morrissey except perhaps for the sing song after
    Last edited by Kingswood Rover; 29/02/2020 at 3:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    The Jack Byrne obsession is tiresome. He did nothing last night up until the goal, except gifting Dundalk the lead when we were totally out of the game. His finish was good fair play but Shields was shown up badly there.

Rovers deserved winners, should have won by a couple. It's all well and good beating the lower end teams but Dundalk looked way off Rovers level last night. Shields and Massey are getting on, probably should have kept Jarvis instead of Massey as back up to Leahy but that was the owners decision. Sloggett isn't up to it at that level - again grand if you're playing Cork or Harps etc. Perth's subs were questionable too. Is Patching a footballer?!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Jordan Flores "what a hit, son", "unbelievable tekkers" etc.
    is Flores a local lad? some hit from him.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Brilliant game in Drogheda, standard wanst amazing but I haven't seen a FD game played at that tempo for quite a while it was break neck intensity from both sides.

Longford took their goal well, keeper probably should be doing better than pushing it straight into the line of fire but he's very young, Drogheda had enough chances to get at least a point, even with 10 men they put us under unbelievable pressure and while I think there's more to come from us this has got to be a massive mental boost especially to do it without Dean Byrne. Couldn't guess an attendance but healthy none the less and around 80 away fans.

On a side note, the prices into that Absolute dump are farcical, not even a drop of soap or hot water in the jack's, so much for regularly washing your hands.
    Saw on extratime that attendance in United Park was 850 which was impressive going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Thought Lopes was MOM for Shamrock Rovers last night. His defending was top notch imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers II are leading Galway I !!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Shamrock Rovers II are leading Galway I !!
    Yeah just spotted that.Brandon Kavanagh with the goal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Finished 1-1

Still, a good weekend for 'The Project'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Thoroughly entertaining game in Tallaght, as mentined above the crowd, quality of goals and the minimal difference between the 2 sides. It would have been intriguing for neutrals for sure. Post match comments are always great fun as in never ceases to surprise me how different pople see different things. I thought Byrne was very good liast night goal included. Even if he sat in the centre circle he was tying up a couple of Dundalk players to deny him space, For the way that Dundalk battled to get the noses in front after being behind I think a draw would have been fair enough. Some silly frees being blown up for which was frustrating. Its all nip and tuck and the head to head games will win the league imo as im not sure other clubs can take points v top 2. Now that ive said that we will beat Rovers and lose to a relegation candidate.

All in all, well done Rovers - dont get too comfortable ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Thoroughly entertaining game in Tallaght, as mentined above the crowd, quality of goals and the minimal difference between the 2 sides. It would have been intriguing for neutrals for sure. Post match comments are always great fun as in never ceases to surprise me how different pople see different things. I thought Byrne was very good liast night goal included. Even if he sat in the centre circle he was tying up a couple of Dundalk players to deny him space, For the way that Dundalk battled to get the noses in front after being behind I think a draw would have been fair enough. Some silly frees being blown up for which was frustrating. Its all nip and tuck and the head to head games will win the league imo as im not sure other clubs can take points v top 2. Now that ive said that we will beat Rovers and lose to a relegation candidate.

All in all, well done Rovers - dont get too comfortable ;p
    Nicely balanced objective post...down with that sort of thing you need get with the programme !!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    The Jack Byrne obsession is tiresome. He did nothing last night up until the goal, except gifting Dundalk the lead when we were totally out of the game. His finish was good fair play but Shields was shown up badly there.
    He's no Jamie McGrath sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

Rovers deserved winners, should have won by a couple. It's all well and good beating the lower end teams but Dundalk looked way off Rovers level last night. Shields and Massey are getting on, probably should have kept Jarvis instead of Massey as back up to Leahy but that was the owners decision. Sloggett isn't up to it at that level - again grand if you're playing Cork or Harps etc. Perth's subs were questionable too. Is Patching a footballer?!
    Substitute the word Byrne for McEleney

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast