Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,551 of 1551

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If we keep pushing on in the league youd have to hope we need more than 50% for the last couple of matches.
    Wo have bohs at home so that should be 75% at least although i reckon a good lot of the bohs lads arent vacinated yet
    Seriously though with the lack of football over the last 18 months hopefully all clubs get a bumper attendance and a few bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It has to be much slower than no checks at all though, surely? And involve more (paid?) stewards.

I think there's a strong argument for 50% capacity alright. Certainly for the First Division clubs anyway!
    I’m for the argument that anyone that chooses not to take the vaccination shouldn’t be allowed to potentially pass covid to others…. It’s beyond me as to why as a society we even consider pandering to the needs of the non vaccinated rather than the needs of the vast majority of the population ( the 90% that have chosen to take the vacine) - they’ve made their choice so should also accept that with choice comes consequences.. be it exclusion from events, workplace etc.

So let them be free to choose but let’s cut out the crap about discrimination etc.

3. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Yeah, I agree anti-vaxxers should bear some personal consequences alright. But if the rules are 75% with checking certs, etc, or 50% without checking, then the latter is going to be far less bother at the turnstiles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If we keep pushing on in the league youd have to hope we need more than 50% for the last couple of matches.
    Wo have bohs at home so that should be 75% at least although i reckon a good lot of the bohs lads arent vacinated yet
    Seriously though with the lack of football over the last 18 months hopefully all clubs get a bumper attendance and a few bob
    You'd end up with the last two or three games at full capacity anyway with all restrictions being lifted in mid October. 4,000 at 50% in Tallaght should be more than enough for the time being.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It may be hassle in different way but advance sales where covid certs and iD are presented then with no ticket sales on the night could work well and stop the delays on match night. Or something like emailing in documentation and then just pick them up on match Nights after showing ID. Were's there a will theres a way and temps can be taken without rummaging for stuff as it can be assumed that people past a certain point have been already vetted for vaccines

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I think we're going to be ok with staying at 50% capacity for our remaining games.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Hopefully this is the one last final bump of this thread with closed door games, restricted capacities, 3-0 walkovers, 18 game seasons and state subsidised player wages consigned to LOI history

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2022/...from-tomorrow/
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It will undoubtedly be a relief across the board and nice to be able to grab a pint at a bar and even sit at a bar - the novelty!! But just to pish on the parade, I really dont think we've totally heard the last of enhanced restrictions and even in the last few days a new omicron based variant of concern has been sequenced in the UK. But from a LoI point of view there will be minimal disruption to a summer season imo unless something comes seriously out of left field. Maybe October/November has some small risk but hopefully by then we are dealing with an endemic virus or by that stage the decision will be made to just take any hits. There are also a bunch of anti-viral pills due to be licensed to be taken if covid 19 is caught which will help mitigate against the gaps of non vaccinated so yeah lots of reasons to be positive, but need to continue to have some things held in reserve and keep a public willingness to hit the short 'n sharp breaker switch when needed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Any word on the number of substitutes allowed this season? Is it going to remain at 5 subs in 3 stoppages or is it returning to 3 subs?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Should go back to 3 subs, favours big squads and takes a good chunk of the tactics out of tactical substitutions. Too much like rugby where it seems like half a team is just replaced against tiring legs. Not that that answers the question!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I think general view across Europe is that 5 subs is staying for another year or so at least.

I agree it's too many though.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778