Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    So the league will resume with the same rules as it started, apart from only two rounds of fixtures. I can imagine a few clubs at the bottom of the Premier won’t be happy with one automatically relegated and then a play off aswell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I will no longer hear a single word from any first division club against Rovers 2 being in the league unless another new club applies!

I am of course joking, though I will be bringing this up at any suggestion that Rovers are a club that only looks out for themselves.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I will no longer hear a single word from any first division club against Rovers 2 being in the league unless another new club applies!

I am of course joking, though I will be bringing this up at any suggestion that Rovers are a club that only looks out for themselves.
    Dundalk V Rovers in Oriel looks absolutely massive already, If ever a season was gonna be decided around European games and games V each other its this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    So the league will resume with the same rules as it started, apart from only two rounds of fixtures. I can imagine a few clubs at the bottom of the Premier won’t be happy with one automatically relegated and then a play off aswell.
    Any word on fans being allowed ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    If the government regulations remain the same we could be looking at crowds of up to 5,000 in the grounds in September, which could mean that if fixtures stay the same order one of the first game with fans could be Rovers vs Bohs in Tallaght. To say tickets for that will be gold dust would probably be a contender for understatement of the century

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    So is it behind closed doors until September or are there 500 allowed up until then?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    So is it behind closed doors until September or are there 500 allowed up until then?
    500 would include Players, Staff, Referees, Board Members etc...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I'd assume the 500 people will essentially just be rounded down to essential matchday personnel and club reps. Once you start letting fans in you need security, etc and the number becomes smaller so probably not viable.

I'd also like to point out many on here argued against me quite a lot when I said it would be ridiculous to call the league off for the year, said I was being stupidly optimistic. Don't be shy lads you can apologise for being so horribly far wrong anytime you want... We all know who you were anyway.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That is, quite frankly, a pathetic statement to make.
    I agree with you Nigel on this. You would think with Dundalk being in the first division for seven years over a decade ago that statement wouldnt have being made. There are some progressive teams in the first division the likes of us who are far better equipped than over a decade ago even at our height, Drogheda Utd,Bray Wanderers the list is endless. As for the top flight with the behaviour of certain clubs dont get me started ie Lee Power at Waterford. Dont blame Alan Reynolds for walking out on them.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    It fairly leaves Sligo with a hole to get out of.

If we end up replacing Sligo with Cabinteely for next season, that would be great altogether.

The crying first division clubs will be happy now anyway. A club could potentially earn around 18 points, lose 10 of their 18 games in the FD and have a shot at the playoff for PD football. What a laugh.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

If we end up replacing Sligo with Cabinteely for next season, that would be great altogether.

The crying first division clubs will be happy now anyway. A club could potentially earn around 18 points, lose 10 of their 18 games in the FD and have a shot at the playoff for PD football. What a laugh.
    I am not going to reply directly back to this. First Division clubs never was the cause of the holdup. For goodness sake they even released a statement a few weeks back saying they had no objection to the season restarts.
    This is desperate times we are in. Nothing was said when Wexford got promoted a few years back. If Cabinteely go up so be it. I would be quite happy to see them go up if we dont get promoted. End of story.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    The PD doesn't need another Dublin club, and certainly not Stradbrook (surely they'd have to play elsewhere though).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    What the Premier Division "needs" is the 10 best teams in the country in it, I couldn't care less if they're spread across the country or all from within 10 minutes of eachother, if they earn their place in the division on the pitch that's all I care about

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    That's true. Hopefully Harps get relegated and Galway get promoted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    If the government regulations remain the same we could be looking at crowds of up to 5,000 in the grounds in September, which could mean that if fixtures stay the same order one of the first game with fans could be Rovers vs Bohs in Tallaght. To say tickets for that will be gold dust would probably be a contender for understatement of the century
    It will be 5,000 with social distancing, either 1m or probably 2m (like where it's possible at concerts). So that means very little for LOI.

Hopefully they have streaming ready to go for July 31, but no doubt that will be another drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Win our game in hand and Cork are bottom. If we don’t get out of it so be it but we’re not cut adrift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    That's true. Hopefully Harps get relegated and Galway get promoted.
    And hopefully the Americans pull the pin and Dundalk end up in the sh!theap again with the buckets out.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    And hopefully the Americans pull the pin and Dundalk end up in the sh!theap again with the buckets out.
    Try to actually win something for the first time in nearly 50 years and I might take your yo-yo club seriously as it might finally bring something to the PD 😃

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Try to actually win something for the first time in nearly 50 years and I might take your yo-yo club seriously as it might finally bring something to the PD 😃
    You talk some amount of ****e on here but this odd hatred of Harps just takes the biscuit.

At least harps aren't burning money and are a stable club. The same cannot be said for the majority of clubs. If we had a league of clubs run as well as they are we'd be in a much better place.

23. Thanks From:

Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast