Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1551

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Does anyone know if/how away fans can get into the Carlisle Grounds right now? Was half thinking of heading to the Treaty game if I could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    I’m pretty sure they said on Twitter it was pay at the gate,just turn up early with no Treaty gear on and you’ll probably get in..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Shels have COVID issues tonight against UCD? Drifted massively in the betting markets today

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Does anyone know if/how away fans can get into the Carlisle Grounds right now? Was half thinking of heading to the Treaty game if I could.
    i hope you didn’t go the Carlisle grounds. Treaty were playing Cabinteely

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Shels have COVID issues tonight against UCD? Drifted massively in the betting markets today
    Had a look at the betting when the team was named. UCD were even money. You’d think with the team Shels had to name UCD would have been odds on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    How many was there in Oriel Park yesterday. I thought the numbers allowed was up to 1000 in August with social distancing rules applied.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    How many was there in Oriel Park yesterday. I thought the numbers allowed was up to 1000 in August with social distancing rules applied.
    200 people at Oriel yesterday I believe, 25,000 at Croke Park. Guess which sport the politicians care about
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    200 people at Oriel yesterday I believe, 25,000 at Croke Park. Guess which sport the politicians care about
    It had a behind closed doors feel to it alright when I was watching on LOITV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    The one with the bigger crowds? The one playing a national semi-final rather than just another league match?

Don't get me wrong, the GAA are awful, but I'm tired of everything in the reopening being micro-analysed for bias.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    The one with the bigger crowds? The one playing a national semi-final rather than just another league match?

Don't get me wrong, the GAA are awful, but I'm tired of everything in the reopening being micro-analysed for bias.
    Just find it pretty bizarre that 25k were allowed into the circa 69k seats at croke park (hill 16 not in use for some reason) meaning the ground was at around 36% capacity compared to Oriel being at as low as 4% capacity of the total capacity of 6% of seating capacity. On your point about it being just another league match, Bohs were allowed 8k at the aviva for their big European game a few days previous, 15% of capacity. 5%-10% extra at the GAA would be strange but maybe understandable but you’re talking 30% extra on Oriel and 20% extra on the aviva which are ridiculous figures
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Seeing two alternatives being floated 50% capacity anyone can get in or 75% capacity for vaccinated people.
    I'm assuming the vaccinated thing will be like for pubs so an adult with two kids can get the kids under 18 in without having passes if they havent got them yet.
    If that was the case then id be for the 75% capacity limit.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Seeing two alternatives being floated 50% capacity anyone can get in or 75% capacity for vaccinated people.
    I'm assuming the vaccinated thing will be like for pubs so an adult with two kids can get the kids under 18 in without having passes if they havent got them yet.
    If that was the case then id be for the 75% capacity limit.
    I see some of the ultra groups on the continent are boycoting games over vacceine requirements.
    Hopefully the equivalent here follow suit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I see some of the ultra groups on the continent are boycoting games over vacceine requirements.
    Hopefully the equivalent here follow suit.
    The knuckle draggers are the types to be anti vaxxers alright.
    Similar IQ settings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    90% of adult population will be vaccinated by mid Sept so clubs should go for the 75% option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    When that level of vaccination happens it should be 100% return, if not it will never happen as that would probably be about as good as you'd get. It had crossed my mind too about dirtbag types not bothering with vaccination. Imagine what theyd think about having anything on them that could indentify them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Realistically, how many clubs will require more than 50% capacity at the minute?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    90% of adult population will be vaccinated by mid Sept so clubs should go for the 75% option.
    The issue with that is the cost/time of administrating vaccine checks. For most clubs it may not be worth the effort. Bohs might be the only club who would be in danger of selling out given their limited capacity to begin with?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    The issue with that is the cost/time of administrating vaccine checks. For most clubs it may not be worth the effort.
    Depends on how thoroughly the check is done. If you just have to show the certificate on the phone or on paper without actually scanning and validating it, it won't be much slower than taking your temperature, as it is currently done.
    From recent travel, my experience is that even at airports (Cork and Frankfurt), no one scanned the certificate. Just showed the cert and the passenger locator form, and that was all.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    When I was at Dungannon Swifts Glentoran game at the weekend so long as I had a valid ticket I was allowed through without a PCR test. Could see this happening here. Reckon attendance was 2-3k. Interesting part was stadium announcer when he noticed something untoward he would tell a particular person other side of the ground to move back to where they originally were ie if they were sticking their leg out over advertising hoarding.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayspasser View Post
    Depends on how thoroughly the check is done. If you just have to show the certificate on the phone or on paper without actually scanning and validating it, it won't be much slower than taking your temperature, as it is currently done.
    From recent travel, my experience is that even at airports (Cork and Frankfurt), no one scanned the certificate. Just showed the cert and the passenger locator form, and that was all.
    It has to be much slower than no checks at all though, surely? And involve more (paid?) stewards.

I think there's a strong argument for 50% capacity alright. Certainly for the First Division clubs anyway!

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast