Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1551

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Interesting that you picked that post, and not the one that rubbishes the mandriou payment farce that took place, as well as claiming that the financial figure published by both the lazy journalist and boez themselves was not even close to the eventual agreed settlement figure.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    That statement is actually very restrained considering the downright petty and amateur antics of every single other club towards Rovers - whether it be over Rovers II or the pilot events. The days of trying to hold back progress for reasons of jealousy and bitterness are very much still with us.

No one likes us, we don't care (but we will now call it out when it's based on nothing other than hatred and jealousy)
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    708 Posts
    It'd be very restrained on a fans' forum. On the official website, it looks like you let a halfwit post whatever he likes.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Interesting that you picked that post, and not the one that rubbishes the mandriou payment farce that took place, as well as claiming that the financial figure published by both the lazy journalist and boez themselves was not even close to the eventual agreed settlement figure.
    Nah the post picked was far more interesting and amusing!!

Keep circling the wagons WAR as nope you obviously dont care at all... ah here thanks lads, I needed a good laugh considering the current Dundalk FC thing!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I confine myself to quoting one piece of on line rubbish a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Lads, all of your clubs would prefer that no fans are allowed back this season if it meant stopping Rovers having 1,000 at pilot events. Just have a think about that while you're scrambling about looking for absolutely anything to have a pop at us about. Nothing to do with circling the wagons just growing frustration at the small-minded and ultimately self-defeating attitudes that still prevail.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Lads, all of your clubs would prefer that no fans are allowed back this season if it meant stopping Rovers having 1,000 at pilot events. Just have a think about that while you're scrambling about looking for absolutely anything to have a pop at us about. Nothing to do with circling the wagons just growing frustration at the small-minded and ultimately self-defeating attitudes that still prevail.
    Probably best to give the tinfoil hat a rest, I haven’t seen 1 club complain about rovers being used as a pilot event, or Cork being used for one either for that matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    That statement is actually very restrained considering the downright petty and amateur antics of every single other club towards Rovers - whether it be over Rovers II or the pilot events. The days of trying to hold back progress for reasons of jealousy and bitterness are very much still with us.

No one likes us, we don't care (but we will now call it out when it's based on nothing other than hatred and jealousy)
    As a Rovers member I have to totally disagree - when I read the official club response I have to say I was very unimpressed - sure others may be bitter etc. towards us .

But that’s always been their way and it has always reinforced how small minded jealous they are of our success over the last 100 years

So for us to officially reply using ‘small minded’ language for me on this occasion meant that we stooped to the begrudgers level and that’s a pity as we’re way better than that.

I sincerely hope that whoever wrote and published it did so as a solo run is reprimanded for it and that in future a better editorial oversight is in place.
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 15/06/2021 at 3:48 PM.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Nobody had a problem with Tallaght being used as a pilot site, but using it three times for big attendances and not piloting a smaller venue,like the Showgrounds for example, makes no sense. If anyone could post what can be learned from three pilots on one site, I will cheerfully accept any logical rationale.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    As a Rovers member I have to totally disagree - when I read the official club response I have to say I was very unimpressed - sure others may be bitter etc. towards us .

But that’s always been their way and it has always reinforced how small minded jealous they are of our success over the last 100 years

So for us to officially reply using ‘small minded’ language for me on this occasion meant that we stooped to the begrudgers level and that’s a pity as we’re way better than that.

I sincerely hope that whoever wrote and published it did so as a solo run is reprimanded for it and that in future a better editorial oversight is in place.
    We don't always agree CJ, but I fully agree with what you've said there. Don't get me started on the subject of who wrote it...
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    It is up to us fans to have a whinge and a moan about each others cubs, especially the petty digs which is part and parcel of football rivalries. Clubs, their official websites and other social media really should be rising well above this sort of stuff. I would expect it of Dundalk even as rudderless as we are as a club currently. There are things to have a go at SRFC on but testing for the return for fans isnt too high up the list.

I think its vaild to question how procedures implemented in Tallaght can be applied to United Park, thats not anti Rovers stuff. Why 3 test events, maybe to try different protocols after initial reviews showed up issues, training up different groups of stewards possibly even guest stewards from other clubs?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I have no issue with Tallaght hosting the trial events. It was very well run, stewarding was excellent, all was clear and no hassle.
    My issue was that Harps weren't even allowed to have as little as 20 or 30 tickets out of the 1,000. That wasn't an FAI call either, that was Rovers. And it was a little bit sh!t.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    https://m.independent.ie/world-news/...-40547346.html

Looks like the go ahead from the chief medical officer for 500 next month. It’s mentioned towards the end of the article.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    200 people in Inchicore all crammed into a few sections

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Which makes so much more sense than say 500(or more with the multiple tester events we've had as a league) spread throughout the ground!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    The main stand remained for media, substitutes and club officials while there was 120 people in the stand behind the goal (which has a capacity of 900) and 80 people on the terrace below the camera. Everyone at least 2 metres apart and staggered entry and exit of the ground of small groups. 'Crammed' is the last choice of words anyone that was actually at game last night would use to describe it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    The main stand remained for media, substitutes and club officials while there was 120 people in the stand behind the goal (which has a capacity of 900) and 80 people on the terrace below the camera. Everyone at least 2 metres apart and staggered entry and exit of the ground of small groups. 'Crammed' is the last choice of words anyone that was actually at game last night would use to describe it.
    No I wouldn’t class it as crammed myself. It was all very laid out I thought. You had to fill out a form online to get in. They you got your temperature taken and cleaned your hands. We then had to wear our masks for the 90mind in an open air stand. I thought the club did a great job. I felt totally safe. Having groups in certain sections helped create some sort of an atmosphere, not easy with only 200 souls.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    NPHET a very easy target, and the government is the main offender in painting that target. It was the government who introduced a levels system and then instantly changed it, it was the government that put someone as unfit to just be a TD as Stephen Donnelly in the Health portfolio at a time of medical crisis and it was the government that decided we needed a "meaningful Christmas", which killed over 400 people in one week in February. Meanwhile Tony Hoolohan, whose expertise absolutely trumps the "I was elected, therefore I know what I'm doing" sentiment that gave us Harris, Donnelly and Foley as Ministers, gets called a fascist after he worked to keep the country safe while his wife was dying.
    I can't edit this post presumably as it's too far gone, but was reading this thread back and realised I mis-typed something here (or maybe mixed-up case-numbers with fatalities) that should be corrected, there was over 100 deaths from COVID in one week in February, not 400.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Lads, all of your clubs would prefer that no fans are allowed back this season if it meant stopping Rovers having 1,000 at pilot events.
    Surely can’t be the case. I know Derry are always going to be in a slightly different situation but every club would be looking toward Rovers trial crowds thinking the more the better would they not?

As the natural follow up would then be larger crowds permitted all round.

Probably the only time in my life part of me ever has or will be glad of partition atm ha.. as free state govt /NPHET really doing a number on sports, hospitality etc. Surely going to get to the stage where the latter industry especially are going to have to en masse completely ignore the govt. to survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    We should start serving food in the stadiums and have a bit of outdoor dining