Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,201 to 1,203 of 1203

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Its nothing to do with the actual costs of running off the championships for the GAA, its the lost gate reciepts which in relevant terms are a multiple of the loi gates and also the infrastructure staff and facilities maintenance the gate reciepts are suppposed to cover. Like most organisations the gaa costs habe increased to match revenue hence they need a bailout. I have beyond zero interest in GAA but their infrastructure is a multiple of ours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    597 Posts
    Yeah that makes sense, there are staffing as associated costs with infrastructure which I hadnt factored in tbh along with the loss of income budgeted for. I was thinking more that if €31mil was allocated to the GAA overall, how half of that is just to run the senior All Irelands though, as the bulk of costs would be policing, stewards etc. If the money was allocated for covid testing it would seem more balanced to me as a competition specific cost. What little I know about GAA these days its Louth specific so hardly an example of the broader picture, especially with Fitzers general BS and about the new County Ground being available to Dundalk FC which ''As Louth County chairman is guaranteed''...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    I think its an allocatiob issue , its not that they need 15m to run off the championship its more that thats where the revenue is lost.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061