Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 992

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

  1. #881
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    204
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Rovers say they'll have info regarding how fans can view matches in the coming days. I'm lead to believe each club has been given the opportunity to decide how to market and distribute streaming access for their games themselves, that was before today though so may have changed.

  2. #882
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    777
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    101
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    You talk some amount of ****e on here but this odd hatred of Harps just takes the biscuit.

    At least harps aren't burning money and are a stable club. The same cannot be said for the majority of clubs. If we had a league of clubs run as well as they are we'd be in a much better place.
    Wouldnt listen to him

    He was having a go at everything Dundalk recently, Perth no good, bad bad manager etc

    A WUM

    The loss included nearly 750,000 pumped into the YDC, but still the books needs balanced a bit more obviously.

    Great to have something to look forward too, but no doubt the FAI will **** up the streaming "which they claimed was ready to go"

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #883
    Reserves The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Wouldnt listen to him

    He was having a go at everything Dundalk recently, Perth no good, bad bad manager etc

    A WUM

    The loss included nearly 750,000 pumped into the YDC, but still the books needs balanced a bit more obviously.

    Great to have something to look forward too, but no doubt the FAI will **** up the streaming "which they claimed was ready to go"
    Where did I say Perth was a "bad bad manager". I said we've gone backwards under him after Kenny left, which we have, and his signings are rubbish, which they are.

    A "WUM" because you don't agree with me.

  5. #884
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    What the Premier Division "needs" is the 10 best teams in the country in it, I couldn't care less if they're spread across the country or all from within 10 minutes of eachother, if they earn their place in the division on the pitch that's all I care about
    You're conflating results on the pitch with what any objective assessment would suggest was best for the game overall. They're not always the same thing - even if that's the way football is designed to work.

  6. #885
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    777
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    101
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Where did I say Perth was a "bad bad manager". I said we've gone backwards under him after Kenny left, which we have, and his signings are rubbish, which they are.

    A "WUM" because you don't agree with me.
    We were a penalty shootout away from the best domestic season in the Clubs history.

    Slogget has been voted MOTM in 2 of this 5 games for Dundalk, and everybody has said how good he looks.

    Andy Boyle

    Colovic looked good in the 20 mins he has seen so far in Donegal

    Leahy is one best prospects in the league (and Irelands U21 left back)

    Anyway this is not the thread for this

  7. #886
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    425
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Yeah, what's not to like about Harps, u are treated like a human being , great place for a few pints and always co.peitive.

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #887
    Apprentice
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    And hopefully the Americans pull the pin and Dundalk end up in the sh!theap again with the buckets out.
    Harps fan calling another club getting the buckets out, irony after the last couple of months!

  10. #888
    Reserves The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    We were a penalty shootout away from the best domestic season in the Clubs history.

    Slogget has been voted MOTM in 2 of this 5 games for Dundalk, and everybody has said how good he looks.

    Andy Boyle

    Colovic looked good in the 20 mins he has seen so far in Donegal

    Leahy is one best prospects in the league (and Irelands U21 left back)

    Anyway this is not the thread for this
    If you go back to what I said, I'm happy with Sloggett (although need to see more of him) and Leahy. You can't count Boyle as a Perth signing, and as for Colovic, we'll have to wait and see.

    I just don't think with the resources we have we should be in the market for injury prone players or unproven players (or players that have 8 clubs by age 24).

    But yeah, not the thread for this.

  11. #889
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    According to a french radio station Rovers could be on their way to Paris to play PSG in a friendly.

  12. #890
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,456
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,225
    Thanked in
    1,877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Harps fan calling another club getting the buckets out, irony after the last couple of months!
    Please do go on. Give me your best explanation as to how a gofundme from a fan owned club to upgrade facilities (after making a profit on the books two years in a row), is somewhat equal to Dundalk getting the begging buckets out to 'keep our club alive'?

  13. Thanks From:


  14. #891
    Apprentice
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Please do go on. Give me your best explanation
    Sums up the Arrogance right there. Expecting fans of other teams to fund improvements to your ground, Criticising the State for not handing out enough money for a new one. Could go on.

  15. #892
    International Prospect Lim till i die's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    8,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,356
    Thanked in
    630 Posts
    I don't get how those aren't exactly the same thing worded differently?

    You're both still effectively arguing over nothing.

    There isn't a club in the league more than one bad weekend away from hitting the skids.

    The following is a by no means extensive list of model clubs to follow over the couple of decades or so:

    Cork city
    Shelbourne
    St. Patricks Athletic
    Bohemian
    Athlone Town
    Cork City again
    Galway United
    Sligo
    Waterford United
    Shamrock
    Dundalk

    Stumbling into money before ****ing it away is, like most things in the league, cyclical.

  16. #893
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    136
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    I see Sligo the big arrogant f**kers have a gofund me on the go now aswell,state of them trying to survive and expecting help in a global pandemic!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #894
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    184
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I see Sligo the big arrogant f**kers have a gofund me on the go now aswell,state of them trying to survive and expecting help in a global pandemic!
    Christ - their statement was painful to read. "We are hardest hit".

    You'd have to acknowledge the great support that Sligo Rovers receives from their supporters and the wider community, but the statement is such a moanfest and they do love lavishing praise upon themselves.

    The formating of the league for the rest of the year is the correct decision, Sligo are 3 points adrift now, they have plenty of chances to pull clear of the other clubs at the foot of the table. The fact that they campaigned for no relegation is pathetic and a bit embarrassing TBH, yet these conditions are considered to be "grossly unfair".
    Last edited by Olander; 30/06/2020 at 6:10 PM.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #895
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,364
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,235
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    577
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Christ - their statement was painful to read. "We are hardest hit".

    You'd have to acknowledge the great support that Sligo Rovers receives from their supporters and the wider community, but the statement is such a moanfest and they do love lavishing praise upon themselves.

    The formating of the league for the rest of the year is the correct decision, Sligo are 3 points adrift now, they have plenty of chances to pull clear of the other clubs at the foot of the table. The fact that they campaigned for no relegation is pathetic and a bit embarrassing TBH, yet these conditions are considered to be "grossly unfair".
    I may be wrong here but I think a whoosh is deserved here. I read this as Joey B being sarcastic in response to the ridiculous comments from DCSIL

  21. Thanks From:


  22. #896
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    136
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I may be wrong here but I think a whoosh is deserved here. I read this as Joey B being sarcastic in response to the ridiculous comments from DCSIL
    Indeed! But happy to facilitate Olander's point of view!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  23. #897
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    184
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I may be wrong here but I think a whoosh is deserved here. I read this as Joey B being sarcastic in response to the ridiculous comments from DCSIL
    Oh I know he was being sarcastic, I was just referencing the statement Sligo put out (which had the gofundme link in it). No issue with a go-fund me page, pound for pound Sligo Rovers supporters are the most loyal / generous to their club in the LOI.

    I just find the way their club has conducted themselves in regards to the league formating a bit sad though.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  24. Thanks From:


  25. #898
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    425
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    The PCA are meeting tonight , stand by for more talk of non playing as the request for 1 relegation only has been turned down. Do these f wits not realise how micky mouse they make our league worth with this BS. Lee power who said at the start of this season it was his last is leading the charge because guess what he doesn't want to play anyway. Embarrassing.

  26. Thanks From:


  27. #899
    Reserves The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    The Sligo Rovers treasurer is in the media again giving out.

    How much money did he make from the 'old' FAI when carrying out work on clubs' strategic plans in 2016/17?

  28. #900
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    408
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    529
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Oh I know he was being sarcastic, I was just referencing the statement Sligo put out (which had the gofundme link in it). No issue with a go-fund me page, pound for pound Sligo Rovers supporters are the most loyal / generous to their club in the LOI.

    I just find the way their club has conducted themselves in regards to the league formating a bit sad though.
    We wouldn’t be able to anything without you getting offended by it somehow

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential ramifications for LOI after todays FAI accounts debacle.
    By Kingswood Rover in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 30/01/2020, 8:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •