Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Good point. Insurers seem to be saying they don't cover Covid19. They're really affecting Irish society, especially in the past 10 years or so. White collar extortion
    A complete myth. The claims culture in Ireland, coupled with the free unregulated reign that the legal society have in this country, have made insurance a winning gamble for the grubby elements of Irish society.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    That's a fair point, but even with payouts in Ireland being 4 or 5 times the EU average, insurance companies have been posting year on year increased profit at record levels for at least the last half decade and probably a lot longer. That may not be the case this year but I dont think they will be crippled by covid related payouts. There will be a reduction in claims across the board due to lockdown that will mitigate against slowing growth. But yeah the sooner the Personal Injuries Commission makes a better mark the better! Though with it being made up of legal people it's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

You almost never see whiplash injuries turn up to hospital appointments after a payout is awarded!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...y-dont-return/

I wish McGuinness would put a muzzle on this bloke , these comments won’t help the situation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Id rather be relegated through withdrawing or be throw out, than push ahead with a league where we will accumulate debt. If prefer to be in the 1st division and be financially stable than go ahead with a financial package that isint 100% guaranteed for the club to break even.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Id rather be relegated through withdrawing or be throw out, than push ahead with a league where we will accumulate debt. If prefer to be in the 1st division and be financially stable than go ahead with a financial package that isint 100% guaranteed for the club to break even.
    What happens if the government give the league the ok to go ahead but the clubs decide to cancel it? It will get messy with plenty of players looking for their contracted wages or at the least an agreement on their entitlements.
    Unfortunately this is completely uncharted territory and there is going to be some loss for clubs and players. The best outcome is to limit theses losses.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    What happens if the government give the league the ok to go ahead but the clubs decide to cancel it? It will get messy with plenty of players looking for their contracted wages or at the least an agreement on their entitlements.
    Unfortunately this is completely uncharted territory and there is going to be some loss for clubs and players. The best outcome is to limit theses losses.
    Individual clubs are in different situations Yoss. Clubs will need to look after the club and the players as best they can given their individual scenarios and the advice given. A PC answer there but a true one all the same.

Regarding 'the best outcome is to limit losses'. Absolutely. But in some clubs cases the best outcome might be to get relegated by withdrawing if the financial package is not acceptable to provide a debt free league run. That's the reality as hard as it might be to stomach.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Players are going to lose in the end, if they and the PFAI go around suing LOI clubs then those clubs en-masse will go out of business and at best re-form as lower budget semi-pro or even amateur entities resulting in no prospect of the same level of professional employment for the same players. All this talk from the PFAI confirms to me they know they are screwed unless the taxpayer bails out the LOI which isn't happening
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Is this 4 team tournament for the 4 euro teams going to be anything other than pre-season training games? If Rovers v Bohs is a 7 goal thriller does it matter with no fans there, or if Derry beat Dundalk 5 nil, or vise-versa are we only getting match fitness from this. Will there be streams or live feeds we can watch, or is this just a testing of the water thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I think the fact that it's on in Tallaght, not Abbotstown, means that it'll be on tv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I think the fact that it's on in Tallaght, not Abbotstown, means that it'll be on tv
    Has this been confirmed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I wasn't confirming it, just going by what I had read in the papers over the past few weeks. I wasn't aware that it hadn't been confirmed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Dundalk with a new membership scheme which is in response "to the loss of match night earnings and sponsorship".

https://www.dundalkfc.com/get-closer...ership-scheme/

I'd have an issue with the advertisement of it as it states €15 per month on the promotional graphic. If you read down into the detail it says it excludes VAT, so it's actually €18.45 a month. Why not just be clear?!

It pretty much sounds like all our digital content is going behind a paywall, so not sure what will be left for supporters who can't afford that much per month.

It's dearer than a stand season ticket over the course of the year.

I know it's extraordinary times but it's still quite dear, and might do the opposite of the club's aim of "growing and improving the relationship between the club, our supporters and the local community".

Might have been better improving the existing digital content before jumping into this.

A proper membership scheme is long overdue by the club, though, so hopefully it takes off and is run professionally over a long period, unlike previous incarnations.

There has been no interaction with ST holders either which is on a slightly different note but disappointing all the same.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Why would a membership fee have VAT on it?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us...rk-on-Patreon-

Patreon levy VAT on all subscriptions by Europeans. I don't know enough about tax to know if it would be subject to VAT if Dundalk were administering it themselves.

20. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Weird.

Never heard of VAT being levied on, say, the Rovers 500 Club. Is that the case? Is it because Rovers is a members' club (so it is seen as membership, which is VAT exempt) and Dundalk is a private business?

What would happen if Dundalk just tried to set up a DD payment like you see charities do? (I presume Dundalk aren't a registered charity, though I think some LoI clubs might be)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    They could have just factored in the VAT on the overall price and advertised that clearly.

I'd say it's no more than our new marketing guy trying to be clever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Will this new group of members have a seat on the board or any voting rights of some sorts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Will this new group of members have a seat on the board or any voting rights of some sorts?
    No. It's basically the existing digital content is going behind a paywall and for your subscription you get a mug, scarf, some shop discounts and a "monthly surprise" whatever that will be as well as access to member events (presumably Q&As).

Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast