Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 - LOI Ramifications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The issue of season ticket holders hasn’t been addressed. The LOI won’t get away with giving two fingers like that GAA are looking set to do. It would represent a decent sum of cash for most clubs if they had to offer refunds or free season tickets for the following season if fans can return.
    Personally I wouldn't want my season ticket refunded, it was bought to support the club so even if the season was abandoned I wouldn't seek a refund. That's a personal thing though.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Personally I wouldn't want my season ticket refunded, it was bought to support the club so even if the season was abandoned I wouldn't seek a refund. That's a personal thing though.
    Id be the same but it’s something that should be factored into financial projections. I don’t think every ST holder in the LOI would be willing to take the loss on the chin.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Even those who share your stance are likely to want to be offered a refund.

It's impossible to tell, but I suspect that it would be a very hard sell to convince more than 20% of ST holders to just swallow the cost. It's a huge financial implication for clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The issue of season ticket holders hasn’t been addressed. The LOI won’t get away with giving two fingers like that GAA are looking set to do. It would represent a decent sum of cash for most clubs if they had to offer refunds or free season tickets for the following season if fans can return.
    GAA are offering discounts on next years season ticket now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    You've got to think most LOI season ticket holders would want to let the club keep the money but if you're a family of 4 you could be talking the guts of 500 quid which in this climate with what looks like an economic crisis coming could be needed in some homes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    There's no right or wrong answer with season ticket's,of course clubs hope there's not a run on season ticket money but can't really refuse people if they need it........
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    You've got to think most LOI season ticket holders would want to let the club keep the money but if you're a family of 4 you could be talking the guts of 500 quid which in this climate with what looks like an economic crisis coming could be needed in some homes
    Sorry, but I dont understand this logic.
    If you've paid for the season ticket( even if its 500 quid or more), then you've in effect budgeted for it already. it wont matter your future circumstances -it doesnt matter if you go to games or not, its money gone -why would you now look for the money back?
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If you've paid for the season ticket( even if its 500 quid or more), then you've in effect budgeted for it already. it wont matter your future circumstances -it doesnt matter if you go to games or not, its money gone -why would you now look for the money back?
    They've budgeted for it based on having x income, some people could be on reduced wages, or on the 350 quid or self employed or whatever. Same as clubs, budgets are all messed up at the moment and some people may not be in the position to essentially donate 500quid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    That logic could be used for anything in this crisis. A person may have budgeted for a holiday and now it’s gone are they supposed to just let it go and let the travel company away scott free. A season ticket sold by clubs shouldn’t be seen by them as a charitable donation, a percentage of fans will let it go but those who don’t want to aren’t obliged to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Its money given out but in lieu of attending games - if you can't attend the games then you are entitled to a refund or at least a voucher towards next seasons ticket. If you have lost your job as a result of this you will need that money back. Your argument is like paying for a holiday but when the holiday is cancelled people shrugging their shoulders and saying - sure that flight money is gone.

12. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Bradford saying that the EFL are suggesting no fans at games for the rest of this calendar year.

"City officials have recently been informed of the ever-growing possibility of supporters being unable to attend matches until 2021," a club statement read.

"And it is now highly likely that next season will commence behind closed doors."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I was alluding to that thought process growing through work briefings, though I didnt say it was with the NHS. UK figures are startling and will get a lot worse. There is a whole lot of manipulation on the stats which are slowly be adjusted somewhere toward a true reflection of things. It's no surprise that people are reading between the lines. The hope here is that we got ahead of things better and maybe see a sooner lifting of restrictions. Border and travel from and to the UK will be a problem and I think even in N.I. its being realised that an all-island strategy will be of greater benefit to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Even those who share your stance are likely to want to be offered a refund.

It's impossible to tell, but I suspect that it would be a very hard sell to convince more than 20% of ST holders to just swallow the cost. It's a huge financial implication for clubs
    In our case I'd say it's a factor in the club pushing for behind closed doors. Not sure on ST numbers but sales could have been maybe between €150-200k which is spent by now on wages.

The club have tweeted about the possible cost of live streaming home games (€10 for a non ST holder) so I'd imagine they'd just offer that free to ST holders and cover it that way.

Away games €7 for ST holders, which suggests maybe an incentive for ST holders to view away games for €3 cheaper than non ST holders.

They'd also have to offer a partial cash refund if the supporter wanted it though (what if there's 2-3 STs in one house for example, or if people just didn't want the stream at that cost if it's Trackchamp quality).

If the season is cancelled then clubs presumably will offer a high discount on 2021 tickets (full price minus the cost of the 2 home games in our case played this season).

You can't just write off the money as a donation. People paid for a product. LOI clubs aren't a charity even if it seems like that a lot of the time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Bundesliga tentatively restarting behind closed doors on May 9th. Players back in training already.

But surely all it takes is one case of Covid-19 within 1 squad and the whole squad is quarantined for 2 weeks...along with maybe the squad of their opposition in the previous week or 2, messing up the already behind-schedule plans.
    And that's exactly what's happened.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Its money given out but in lieu of attending games - if you can't attend the games then you are entitled to a refund or at least a voucher towards next seasons ticket. If you have lost your job as a result of this you will need that money back. Your argument is like paying for a holiday but when the holiday is cancelled people shrugging their shoulders and saying - sure that flight money is gone.
    I guess some people treat their own club like another amenity, such as a holiday. Others are far more invested in the club the live
    I was referencing keeping the club you love alive, by not seeking the money back. In effect, foregoing the fact that you won't see any more live football this year, but next year you'll have a club to come back to.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    I guess some people treat their own club like another amenity, such as a holiday. Others are far more invested in the club the live
    I was referencing keeping the club you love alive, by not seeking the money back. In effect, foregoing the fact that you won't see any more live football this year, but next year you'll have a club to come back to.
    Of course some just use football clubs as just another night out. This is why crowds rise & fall with results , not everyone that goes to a game is a hardcore fan that will back a club no matter what. That’s just the way football and sports in general operates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    The reality is clubs will surely have to at least offer a refund on season tickets. Those who want to waive the refund would be entitled to do so. But those who want the money back might otherwise lose enough goodwill that they wouldn't buy a season ticket next season. So there's definitely swings and roundabouts in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The reality is clubs will surely have to at least offer a refund on season tickets. Those who want to waive the refund would be entitled to do so. But those who want the money back might otherwise lose enough goodwill that they wouldn't buy a season ticket next season. So there's definitely swings and roundabouts in it.
    The league will need the goodwill of ST holders aswell. There will be short and long term legacy issues from the current crisis in reference to crowded places.The majority of LOI grounds are tight & compact , it will be import to attract fans back any way we can. The clubs will need to allow for the issue financially, their will be a good percentage that will not look for anything back but I wouldn’t see that percentage as high as some on here.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 02/05/2020 at 10:47 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I personally am willing to write it off but I know that not every LOI season ticket holder is in such a fortunate position and some just manage to get the money for a season ticket together each year to support the club normally and now with all that's going on might be in a financial crisis of their own

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I personally also wouldn't look for a refund, but I can fully understand if fans who have taken a financial hit of their own during this crisis would at least like to have the option. If for example you've lost your job and are struggling to pay your bills as a result of that, you might not be inclined to let it go easily.

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast