Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bohs match last Friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bohs match last Friday

Why no thread on the Bohs match last Friday, I know it was a pretty bad showing, but surely merits some discussion.

Will Bray be punished for the pitch invasions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdebruin
    Why no thread on the Bohs match last Friday, I know it was a pretty bad showing, but surely merits some discussion.

I read a couple of match reports and the pitch invasions weren't mentioned at all. On TV3 last night Noel King was of the opinion that it's great to see such passionate young lads. I thought the scenes were a disgrace and Bohs should be punished heavily. Why would Bray be punished, it wasn't their supporters?
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    as a bray i thought there was nothing wrong with the pitch invasion. i hoped they'd stay on and get the match abandoned. we are going down with the rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You really thought there was nothing wrong with the pitch invasion? The bohs fans were coming up to our players waving their fists at them and sticking there fingers up. Thats out of order! Something has to be done about them!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is the home team who will get the rap for the pitch invasion.

There should have been adequate stewarding/security in place to ensure such an incident didn't happen.
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was adequate stewarding and Gardai at the match. But these people are animals. You would need a cage around them to control them. Even if there was 500 stewards at the match you still cant stop people from getting into the grounds with golf balls! They should learn to behave properly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both teams have a case to answer, there weren't enough stewerds at the game full stop, and I noticed that most, along with the Gardai, were over with the Bray fans, not stood in front of the bohs fans....I assume they thought it would be more trouble than it was worth.

Bohs fans running onto the pitch with beer cans and taunting the players, any other repectable sport would make some effort to punish the fans in question...are they in the supporters club for example?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If either of the teams is to get punished it will be Bray - It is their responsibility to secure their own ground. The thing about it is that if something serious had happened Bray would have been deducted points/fined and how does that detere the Boh's fans from invading the pitch? Why not invade the pitch at their next away match and cause hassle for another of their rivals........unless they're away to Rovers, in which case they'd be invading their own pitch.

Crowds do seem to be bigger this season and the atmosphere at some of the away games can be quite intimidating. As the game grows with (hopefully) Shels doing well in Europe again this year clubs will start to reap the rewards through increased gate receipts - So far they don't seem to be putting that money into improving grounds/stewarding.

In truth - as I beheld all manner of young, supple Bohemians fans marauding across the pitch I was stuck by the hope that one of them could be drafted in to take Ciaran Ryans jersey for the rest of the game. He has done good things for Bray but I can't understand the managements insistance on selecting him this season. Robbie Mc G replaced him against Rovers in Dalymount and was our best player for the time he was on the picth I thought. I missed the Derry game - did he have a complete mare or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdebruin

See the fridays latest thread in the Eircom League forum!!!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw that thread, but there's no point in discussing it there, you just come up against a brick wall, which decends into a flaming match.

I didn't see/hear Noel Kings comments, but if he did say that, the man must be a fool, just because nobody did get hurt (down to more to luck than intention,) it shouldn't excuse the behaviour.

I feel if the stewerds had tried harder to stop the "fans" from invading the pitch, then the situaiton could have escalated.

And as for the "passion" argument, there were plenty of bohs fans sat around me that celebrated just as passionately, but who stayed in their seats when the goal went in....well they jumped around a bit too....

Anyways, off up to the Harps game this weekend......please god no pitch invasions now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I don't see how Bray can face any punishment for what happened. It was the Bohs support and any amount of stewards couldn't have stopped it. Different scale I know but when Inter fans threw the flares, Inter got punished, noone else...
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think Inter Milan got punished for the flare throwing because Inter Milan were the home team in that leg of the tie. If AC had been the home team they would have been punished for what the Inter fans did. In fairness I don't believe the FAI are organized enough or care enough to review the situation and punish us or Bohs - and thats the problem. Nothing will be done about it and someday someone will get on the pitch and stick a bottle in a players, stewards or referees face.

Looking forward to the Harps game - We should be picking up 3 points and with Rovers being docked points I'm still confident that we can stay up. We've lost 4 on the trot, but 2 were against the top 2 teams and we were robbed of at least a point by the lineswoman against Rovers. The Bohs game was a disappointment but we've been missing our manager for a long time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thought we were poor last night a few changes needed.O'hanlon dived in for there 2nd goal and ryaner was dreadful