Thread: Matches 21st-24th February

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    **shrugs shoulders**

He's got 95% of Dundalk supporters barred from his twitter account.
    How would you sum that up?Eccentric or just someone who cant take criticism?(he cant)

I dunno?

Gerry is a nice guy and if you asked him(esp as an away supporter) he'd show you around Dundalk town tomorrow and then bring you up to OP for a tour-but he hasn't a clue when it comes to transferring the nice social skills he possess's to social media.

Enigma.
    Met him out at the AIL media day recently his first question was are you from the Dublin media. Lovely fella to chat to but he wouldn't let anyone else get a question or a word in as he went on repeated rants about the troubles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    What is Gerry Malone about lads? Is he a serious journalist/commentator or taking the ****? Those periscope things he puts up are a bit mad,he was saying Waterford were 2 up on 2 of them this evening and the other one he was saying Rovers were 2 up!!!!
    A nice enough fella if you go along with his incoherent ramblings, but he'll get incredible defensive and gruff if you call him out on his BS, he was our career guidance/general Councillor at secondary school and was widely hated because he hadn't clue outside of being able to read the CAO points required for course off a pre-printed sheet. I'm sure some people in town will have a different opinion of him but I personally don't like him and think he's utterly clueless when it comes to any sort of tactical analysis, for example many Dundalk fans consider Chris Shields performance Friday against Shels as one of his poorest for Dundalk, Gerry interviews Vinny post-match: "Chris Shields was immense tonight" best to ignore him or take him with a massive pinch of salt.
    Mon the Town!

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Agreed it has been a tad petty but it is also fun seeing how angry RH can get and how much name calling he can rise to! His ying to Marinobohs yang. There was plenty of it all with Cork fans too especially with their policy of never tackling and being outraged when their players were tackled and I suspect that as the season progresses and pressure comes on the more there will be heated 'discussion'. It is part and parcel of any rivalry but it is often tiresome especially for fans of other clubs. Just think how entertaining it could get though with a red card or 2 next week ;p
    You seem to be confusing anger with dismay that people can get to adulthood and not be able to grasp such simple concepts.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    There was a foul on the edge of the Rovers box - opposite side to the red, about a minute before the red, ref didn't give it. After the red some were shouting that it was ridiculous that a red was given because of the missed foul. Bit of a shouting match occurred between my brother and I and some others. I decided it was best to ignore them and turned back to see what was going on with the red card. Out of nowhere a couple of punches were thrown, not sure exactly what happened as I was looking at the pitch and it was literally behind my back. Stewards were very good and removed my brother immediately, he says he was pushed/punched and he threw a punch back. Sounds like he hit someone much younger than him. The people he was arguing with wanted blood cos he hit a teenager, but the stewards were able to calm them down and explained that he was being dealt with and they would review the CCTV.
    Gardaí and stewards brought him to the control room and looked at footage. Said they wouldn't take any further action but that he wasn't going back into the stand.
    He said after that the real punishment would have been to force him to watch us in the second half.
    Ah okay so something out of nothing really, saw someone being led away alright. Just for the record though it wasn't a foul, right back went down expecting contact but Byrne never actually touched him, happened right in front of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Showing his class once again by taking the **** out on an injured player.
    What was that? I tend to try and block out the PA but just caught the 'any time soon' quip when the substitution got delayed.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Was listening to one of the podcasts think it was RTE game on but they clarified the last time that five goals were scored by a player in each division.
    In the top flight Jonathan Speake got six goals for Derry City v Sligo Rovers in the 88/89 season.

In the first division Danny Furlong got five goals for Wexford Youths in 15 season unsure what game he got it in though?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Dundalk were horrendous tonight against a pub team. Rovers will win on Friday.
    Amazing statement to make, its 9/9 points, +5 GD, defending champions having won 5 of the last 6 league titles. Plus probably one of the best players still not ready (McEleney), a new signing not yet in the country, and 2 changes to the back four last night. Also disrespectful to Cork, they are in a transition phase, mind you it will be a challenge for them to avoid the play off I'd think.

As for the comment on 'Horrendous' As Brian Clough once famously said to a reporter who argued as Euro Champions, the fans weren't getting value for money, 'If you want guaranteed entertainment, go to the West End and see a play, I think Cats is still showing'
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    **shrugs shoulders**

He's got 95% of Dundalk supporters barred from his twitter account.
    How would you sum that up?Eccentric or just someone who cant take criticism?(he cant)

I dunno?

Gerry is a nice guy and if you asked him(esp as an away supporter) he'd show you around Dundalk town tomorrow and then bring you up to OP for a tour-but he hasn't a clue when it comes to transferring the nice social skills he possess's to social media.

Enigma.
    Gerry has nice social skills?

He is certainly a passionate and committed supporter.

There are lots of ways you could describe him - a character, eccentric or enigmatic are probably of the mild end

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Was listening to one of the podcasts think it was RTE game on but they clarified the last time that five goals were scored by a player in each division.
    In the top flight Jonathan Speake got six goals for Derry City v Sligo Rovers in the 88/89 season.

In the first division Danny Furlong got five goals for Wexford Youths in 15 season unsure what game he got it in though?
    Must be this one:
    https://www.extratime.ie/matches/detail/27506/2/

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Gerry has nice social skills?

He is certainly a passionate and committed supporter.

There are lots of ways you could describe him - a character, eccentric or enigmatic are probably of the mild end
    Considering he was a career guidance teacher previously....

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Career Guidance teachers are teachers who don't want to be teachers and therefore should not be taken remotely seriously when talking about careers.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Career Guidance teachers are teachers who don't want to be teachers and therefore should not be taken remotely seriously when talking about careers.
    In fairness they can make a good career out of that fact.

16. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678