Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack Taylor M Ipswich b.1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Watched first half, a player.

Obviously getting carried away here, but needs to be fast tracked. I think he might progress v quickly over next year or too.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Gave away the free kick that McGeady scored from for the equaliser, which is a shame.

But I really do have a lot of hope for this lad, think he could be playing top division football in a few years time.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Yes, a pity his error led to the equaliser, thought he was tiring towards the end, understandable after lay off. He did make the initial intervention that led to the Peterborough goal.

Now to get carried away again, i think he's ahead of the other younger players who have been starting for us. Not to be negative about them, he's a couple of years older than Knight for example, but he brings a lot more craft and guile than the running about a lot that Knight and Molumby brought. Barring injury he will be a Premier League player withing the next couple of years. Has a real presence about him on the pitch, poise and a really good passing range. Mobile for someone his size as well.

There's been so much crap spoken about the likes of Liam Kelly and Crowley, but this guy is the real deal in my opinion, and if we havent integrated him into the senior set up within the next 12 months don't be suprised if he's getting the call to go on the guided tour of St Georges ParK (did say i was getting carried away).

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Jeez I watched the match too and I can only say that I think you are getting a bit carried away. He was decent, no more than that. One lovely pass in the first half alright.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    More getting carried away with his potential rather than performance in match today. He had more than one lovely pass though.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I can see both sides here, watched the game today also. He did have several really nice passes, he recycled possession well too throughout. However both times he didn't were in front of his own penalty area in shooting range and one cost his side the win, his mistimed challenge in the other Sunderland fixture this season cost his side a point in that game too as he gave away a late penalty. These are two very costly errors in this promotion race. There is a bit of a buzz about this player and there is clearly potentially a guy who could move up in the game and be valuable to Ireland also. We are looking into L1 for players so yeah, why not get him involved in a bigger meet up and look at him operate against better players.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    For the record, I know he did more than play one nice pass, I just didn't see any anything justifying him jumping ahead of somebody like Jason Knight in the pecking order, who's been exceptionally good at a higher level. Granted this was my first time seeing Taylor full stop.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    This was his first start for a long time; he was recently out for 7 matches with a hamstring injury.

He was mixed today, but I wouldn't go judging him solely on this one performance. He's a had a good season overall

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Good to see a player who is central to his team, rather than disposable like a lot of our players seem to be at moment...another big performance from him at weekend and Peterborough are well placed for automatic promotion. They had a poor run of results when Taylor was out injured but have come on strong since he came back. Something on his performance at weekend:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...le-now-3204628

3) Jack Taylor is a Championship-standard player already. He has an outstanding all-round midfield game and it was pleasing to see him burst into the penalty area at times last night because he is an automatic threat with his shooting ability, and indeed his height. But it was the weight and timing of his passing in the second-half that stood out. Taylor had a massive hand in both second-half goals and his return after injury has been key to this recent run of fine results.
    Some hot air from Daragh McAnthony here, but i can see where he's coming from. Never one to shy away from talking up his players though.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...dfield-3190785

If Peterborough go up would like to see him stay there to get good run of games in championship straight away. Would also like to see him included in the June friendlies for us, as my belief he has potential to be a major player for us and the sooner he is involved the better. Expect him to be a premier league player within next couple of years, as i think he has the ability to move up the levels fairly quickly.

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Will be very interesting to see how he goes in the Championship next season. It will be a big step up, and Peterborough will be one of the weaker teams, but I expect Taylor will handle the step up well. Would definitely like to see him make his Ireland debut in June.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Big games tomorrow in L1 for anyone wanting to keep an eye on our players there, particularly Taylor

Hull - P42 82
    Peterborough - P41 79
    Sunderland - P41 71

Tomorrow, Sunderland are at Hull while Peterborough host mid table Gillingham, ideally a draw I guess with a Boro win seeing them clear in second with four to play and very nearly there in terms of going up with Taylor having been central to that.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 19/04/2021 at 1:06 PM. Reason: Maths Crafty, do the maths.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Will play in the Championship next season, Peterborough were promoted today, they needed a point V Lincoln who were the only side who could catch them and were 0-3 down at home with 25 to play. Ended up 3-3 with a penalty several minutes into injury time to level it, which was never a penalty.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    He seems to have struggled since his recent injury and went off injured again today. However he has the summer now to get get himself back in shape for the Championship next season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Due to be out for a 'lengthy period' with more hamstring trouble. A pity; he'd run into some good form before this.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-story-3547385

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    According to Football League World (23 Dec) Ipswich have made an offer for Peterborough's former Republic of Ireland U-21 midfielder Jack Taylor.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Scores to put Peterborough 1-0 up in the play off semi finals against Sheffield Wednesday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Motm tonight. Was involved in the build up for the third and great save from the keeper denied him a second but recovered the ball to get the assist for the fourth. A big shock Sheffield Wednesday losing 4-0 and Peterborough look strong favourites for promotion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Thoughts and prayers are with OwlsFan at this time. That is a really tough pill to swallow. Feel for ya, OF.

29. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with OwlsFan at this time. That is a really tough pill to swallow. Feel for ya, OF.
    Currently have scored 3 goals, and need another one. Really hope SW do it.

31. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    They have done it! 98th minute goal makes it 4-0 and takes them to extra time

Would be mental not to go up with 90+ points. But look at Notts County getting 107 points and scraping through in birth their playoff ties.

Football is mental at times. Very few sports would you see such turnarounds or unexpected results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast