Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Breaking news

A middle-aged Northern Irish man has been admitted to Beaumont Hospital after complaining of stomach pains. X-rays revealed that the man had swallowed a small silver whistle, which was successfully extricated from his stomach. He is now scheduled to undergo a further operation to remove his head from his a$$.

Seriously though, what was he playing at? We can't even lay claim to the best worst officials on the island anymore (despite Rhona's valiant efforts.)
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Less of it .... City fans were saying it all along and we were told we were making up conspiracy theories ...... less of it now from you all !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    But the question, Mr. Face, is who bribed him this time?? RTÉ. in a desperate underhand bid to decimate Setanta's ratings?
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Less of it .... City fans were saying it all along and we were told we were making up conspiracy theories ...... less of it now from you all !!
    No you didn't say rubbish officals you said they had it in for Cork, that's the difference.

He was rubbish, no doubt, god it was an awful ref performance but Collina in the middle and we still would have lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    No you didn't say rubbish officals you said they had it in for Cork, that's the difference.

Ahh now Slash ... come one now .... i think it was a resounding "That ref is sh!te" to be fair !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would have been fine if it was A Face, but jaysus the amount of bribery scandels and everyone has it in for Cork, Setanta themselves were accused of trying to get Cork knocked out of the tournament!

The ref was sh*te, as all of them have been so far, because the standard of reffing in this Island is a joke, that's all there is to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "The ref is sh!te, he has it in for us. Ollie paid him. He won't give us penos because he hates travelling here. Shels paid him. He has it in for us. Everyone has it in for us."

:d
    God

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Courtney is as good a referee as Jumbo is a tightrope walker.

The man has a history of fcuking up,every fan up in our League will tell you that.

God himself only knows how he got to ref the game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback
    Courtney is as good a referee as Jumbo is a tightrope walker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Personally I was shocked at what he failed to give both teams, he was unbelievable, even some of the frees he did give made very little sence

By far the worst ref I've ever witnessed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't think it was possible, but he gave a worse performance than in the $hels/City game.
    Fair play to both teams, it must have been head-wrecking putting up with his sh*te.
    Well done Linfield, I don't think ANY eL side would have beaten them last night, they had a good game plan, and used it brilliantly.
    Jeffries must be the shrewdest and wiliest manager on the island.
    And for all the slagging we give them, $hels fans were excellent last night, Linfield's were superb, and even from the television, you could sense the fantastic atmosphere at the game.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ah justice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    I didn't think it was possible, but he gave a worse performance than in the $hels/City game.
    Fair play to both teams, it must have been head-wrecking putting up with his sh*te.
    Well done Linfield, I don't think ANY eL side would have beaten them last night, they had a good game plan, and used it brilliantly.
    Jeffries must be the shrewdest and wiliest manager on the island.
    And for all the slagging we give them, $hels fans were excellent last night, Linfield's were superb, and even from the television, you could sense the fantastic atmosphere at the game.
    My god, Patsh praising Shels fans, or even Shels anything, now I've seen everything

Fair play patsh

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would have been fine if it was A Face, but jaysus the amount of bribery scandels and everyone has it in for Cork, Setanta themselves were accused of trying to get Cork knocked out of the tournament!

The ref was sh*te, as all of them have been so far, because the standard of reffing in this Island is a joke, that's all there is to it.
    Like you have the qualifications to know...other than an opinion...which counts for fcuk all when it comes to referees!!

Im not defending the performance...its the "because the standard of reffing in this Island is a joke, that's all there is to it" comment that irritates me! Get a life...or a whistle

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial
    Like you have the qualifications to know...other than an opinion...which counts for fcuk all when it comes to referees!!
    The forum is all about opinions, and he's quite entitled to his Copa Mundial, ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial

Im not defending the performance...its the "because the standard of reffing in this Island is a joke, that's all there is to it" comment that irritates me! Get a life...or a whistle
    I doubt I'd find (m)any that disagree with me.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My god, Patsh praising Shels fans, or even Shels anything, now I've seen everything

Fair play patsh
    Believe it or not, I always praise certain things about $hels, but just not on public forums.
    Rivals will always be deadly enemies......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Rivals will always be deadly enemies......
    Too f**kin' right Patsh ... Sod the f**kin' *******, with the bleedin' ***** and *** ... they can *@^&+" J%)"~ the fúckin' |)!C$H£^|)$ !!!

Deadly i tells ya .... Deadly !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    He was rubbish, no doubt, god it was an awful ref performance but Collina in the middle and we still would have lost.
    Yes, but at least it would have been fair - to all the players & the fans.

I was at the game and as an ex-ref myself I always watch the ref as much as the game itself - IMHO that was the worst ref's performance I have witnessed at any level. Simply put, a violent elbow in the head would normally be seen as voilent conduct - which is a straight red card - once he let the first go unpunished the tackles became more dangerous. I can never condone dissent against the ref by the players but it must have been extreemly frustrating for both sets of players having to put up with such a bad level of refing.

as an asside - I felt the 2 assistant refs did a decent job generally on the night

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did eL people in general think that the IL refs let 'hard' tackles go more than those from the eL? Usually Liam Kearney gets about 10-15 fouls per game but wasnt really given too much by them + GO'C got hacked to peices by Portadown in the X without any yellows against him (except for the red that should have been a yellow, but that just goes back to showing how cr@p the ref was).
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast