Few other friendly results from this week:

Linfield 3-0 bohs
    Glentoran 0–3 shamrock rovers
    Drogheda United 1–1 Pats
    bohs 3–1 Longford Town
    shels 0–1 Linfield
    Drogheda United 1–2 shels
    shamrock rovers 4–2 UCD
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 25/07/2020 at 5:10 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Munster Senior Cup Semi Final between Cork City and Midleton live now on Rebel Army TV on YouTube.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Few other friendly results from this week:

Linfield 3-0 bohs
    Glentoran 0–3 shamrock rovers
    Drogheda United 1–1 Pats
    bohs 3–1 Longford Town
    shels 0–1 Linfield
    Drogheda United 1–2 shels
    shamrock rovers 4–2 UCD
    Anyone got a date for the Glens v Shamrock Rovers game?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    Munster Senior Cup Semi Final between Cork City and Midleton live now on Rebel Army TV on YouTube.
    How did this finish up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    City 3-2 Midleton
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    Anyone got a date for the Glens v Shamrock Rovers game?
    Thanks
    21st July

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    21st July
    Thanks!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Rockmount defeated Cork City 2-0 last night after extra time in the Munster Senior Cup Final to win the trophy for the first time. Goals below.
    https://mycujoo.tv/en/view/event/997...c7q&src=CPT_EL
    https://mycujoo.tv/en/view/highlight...O7UPOJaWdOYM51

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Rockmount defeated Cork City 2-0 last night after extra time in the Munster Senior Cup Final to win the trophy for the first time. Goals below.
    I have a strong feeling that if Cork City play very poor v us next wk I think NF is out on his ear and I have no sympathy for Fenn whatsover. They are in serious trouble right now.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Is JC available? Sign Eoin Murphy...where's Sully?

I doubt they would sack Fenn. It has to be more longer term thinking. Not good when commentators are say things about players not caring but what was Bossin at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Is JC available? Sign Eoin Murphy...where's Sully?

I doubt they would sack Fenn. It has to be more longer term thinking. Not good when commentators are say things about players not caring but what was Bossin at?
    Yeah saw the clip shocking from Bossin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Two decent goals there, especially the first one, Rockmount was Keane's first club before Cobh I think?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    It was, he was at the game.
    Don't think getting rid of Fenn will solve any of City's problems. Whilst it's good to see many young local players involved in the first team squad, his recruitment outside of this has been awful, too many foreign loanees. And now a 30 year old English journeyman has been signed to score goals🙄 So any new manager would have to work with this very limited squad.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    It was, he was at the game.
    Don't think getting rid of Fenn will solve any of City's problems. Whilst it's good to see many young local players involved in the first team squad, his recruitment outside of this has been awful, too many foreign loanees. And now a 30 year old English journeyman has been signed to score goals So any new manager would have to work with this very limited squad.
    His budget is reasonable, we were never going to win the league but with decent recruitment and coaching we should have an outside chance of Europe or at the very least be a solid mid table side. Its his squad. He signed the players. If the players he has aren't good enough thats on him. He speaks and dresses well, and along with his history with the club all of that gives him a bit of a boost in peoples opinions, but his track record has never been that impressive. The argument was that he would be able to attract decent players from the UK and have us playing good football. So far he has done none of that really. Of the players he has brought in Dalling looks good in fits and spurts, Joseph Oluwo looks cultured but I'm not convinced, though individual players have to get a bit of leeway given the mess around them. His best signing was Joe Redmond but he has gone back to Birmingham. As for the football, theres been no purpose really. I'd much prefer a hoofball team that knows what its trying to achieve over whatever it is we're supposed to be.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Hopefully they can turn it around but I wouldn't be overly optimistic. They seem to have the weakest squad in the division. Let's not forget that many City fans couldn't get rid of the most successful manager the club ever had quickly enough. The grass ain't always greener and we're seeing the proof of that now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    His budget is reasonable, we were never going to win the league but with decent recruitment and coaching we should have an outside chance of Europe or at the very least be a solid mid table side. Its his squad. He signed the players. If the players he has aren't good enough thats on him. He speaks and dresses well, and along with his history with the club all of that gives him a bit of a boost in peoples opinions, but his track record has never been that impressive. The argument was that he would be able to attract decent players from the UK and have us playing good football. So far he has done none of that really. Of the players he has brought in Dalling looks good in fits and spurts, Joseph Oluwo looks cultured but I'm not convinced, though individual players have to get a bit of leeway given the mess around them. His best signing was Joe Redmond but he has gone back to Birmingham. As for the football, theres been no purpose really. I'd much prefer a hoofball team that knows what its trying to achieve over whatever it is we're supposed to be.
    El Pietro Fenn had us playing brill footie which increased our gates. I am perplexed on why he has gone back on playing great football or is he panicking? Whats ur opinion of Dylan McGlade? He was a bit of a mercanary whilst with us in his two spells and brought the crowds out but I heard that his discipline was very poor at MSC final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Honest question, would you take back John Caulfield? Would he go back? Few know the LOI inside out as much as he does, plus I think it was a mistake parting company, should have written off that season he left, and started again following on, and kept him on.

I wouldn't rule it out, John Gill came back to Dundalk after almost 10 years.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    El Pietro Fenn had us playing brill footie which increased our gates. I am perplexed on why he has gone back on playing great football or is he panicking? Whats ur opinion of Dylan McGlade? He was a bit of a mercanary whilst with us in his two spells and brought the crowds out but I heard that his discipline was very poor at MSC final.
    McGlayde is useless. He might win a team a game or two over the course of a full season with a bit of magic but offers nothing for weeks in between. He also seems to be unnecessary in our squad as we have similar players in Daire O'Connor and Cory Galvin, none of whom are good enough and all fill the same role.
    I don't believe he played in the MSC final. He kicked a hoarding when subbed off against Bohs. I have no issue with that.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Honest question, would you take back John Caulfield? Would he go back? Few know the LOI inside out as much as he does, plus I think it was a mistake parting company, should have written off that season he left, and started again following on, and kept him on.

I wouldn't rule it out, John Gill came back to Dundalk after almost 10 years.
    Can't see it happening, at least not at this point. If we were to go down I could see it as a possibility. If you were drawing up a list of attributes for a Cork City manager John Caulfield would be the perfect candidate. Regarding firing him at the time, I was one of the last to say he had to go but I think at the time it got really poisnous in the dressing room and between the fans and him. It was best for everyone that he left at that time.

23. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cork had to cassh in their add ons from Preston to get out of a financial hole so I would be surprised if that was not reflected in his budget. Did a good job with Longford.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast