Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 194

Thread: Friendlies 2020

  1. #81
    Youth Team Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Pats-Drogs was a decent enough game. First half was competitive, second half less so as we came out for it and dominated possession from the off while they struggled to string more than a couple of passes together to hit on the break as they had done dangerously a few times in the first 45. A large part of that was down to Robbie Benson, despite not exactly doing anything too spectacular he just looked a cut above for me and even just in terms of ball retention did a lot for us having a smooth enough ride in the second half.

  2. #82
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    230
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    A large part of that was down to Robbie Benson, despite not exactly doing anything too spectacular he just looked a cut above for me and even just in terms of ball retention did a lot for us having a smooth enough ride in the second half.
    Thatís exactly what Benson does. I can recall so many times people would say he wasnít in a game but then when he was injured it was clear what he did and what was missing.

  3. #83
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,065
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    882
    Thanked in
    753 Posts
    Cork 2-0 LTFC: awful day for a game and pitch was brutal so hard to learn much but basically town started well for 10 Minutes or so but gifted Cork the first 2 goals through defensive mistakes.

    Cork grew in confidence then and started moving it quicker and you can definitely see the work Fenn has been doing with them in that regard.

    In saying that you'd definitely be worried about them defensively and against sides who will have more of the ball. Certain players didn't look like they wanted to know about off the ball work so this could be a big success or a major disaster.

    Wasn't impressed with Shels in pre season so opening game should tell us a lot about what direction both teams might head this season. Can't wait for the real stuff to start now

  4. #84
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,315
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    429
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Presidents cup postponed

  5. #85
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,706
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,053
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Lovely day here in Louth. It must be really bad in Dublin, making travel difficult. Fair enough to postpone in those circumstances.

  6. #86
    Reserves disgruntled's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    789
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    347
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Cork 2-0 LTFC: awful day for a game and pitch was brutal so hard to learn much but basically town started well for 10 Minutes or so but gifted Cork the first 2 goals through defensive mistakes.

    Cork grew in confidence then and started moving it quicker and you can definitely see the work Fenn has been doing with them in that regard.

    In saying that you'd definitely be worried about them defensively and against sides who will have more of the ball. Certain players didn't look like they wanted to know about off the ball work so this could be a big success or a major disaster.

    Wasn't impressed with Shels in pre season so opening game should tell us a lot about what direction both teams might head this season. Can't wait for the real stuff to start now
    Agree the weather conditions weren't great for a game with a gale blowing straight down the pitch. I didn't think the pitch was bad at all considering the conditions. Bishopstown is wide open when the weather is bad.
    I expected more from Longford which could be due to the players they had on duty ?
    In fairness they tried to play football but had little up front to trouble the City defence apart from a couple of free kicks.
    The two goals were well taken. The first came when O' Connor won the ball on the right followed by a low cross which Dillon stepped over which left Coleman free coming in behind to stroke the ball home.
    The second came when O'Connor scored with a low shot. Longford defence should probably have done better on both occasions.
    City are still experimenting with players in various positions so next week vs Shels should give us a better idea.
    Overall a very useful exercise for both clubs.

  7. #87
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    31,038
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,459
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,910
    Thanked in
    1,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Lovely day here in Louth. It must be really bad in Dublin, making travel difficult. Fair enough to postpone in those circumstances.
    Seems a strange decision alright. I know there's an orange weather warning in place, but that's only until midday. It's sunny, showery and blustery in Wicklow - not the best weather for a match, but calling it off seems a bit extreme.

    Always better to be safe than sorry when there's weather warnings in place of course.

  8. #88
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,403
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,474
    Thanked in
    984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Lovely day here in Louth. It must be really bad in Dublin, making travel difficult. Fair enough to postpone in those circumstances.
    I'm In Dublin and it's fine. Bit windy but nothing major.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  9. #89
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    957
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    230
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Seems odd alright. I drove from Dundalk to Dublin this morning and it was grand, if a bit windy. Canít see it being replayed as thereís no place to fit it in.

  10. #90
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,162
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    999
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    809
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    FA Charity Sheild they share it if it isnt played. How about awarding along with 3 points to the winner of the next fixture between the club. Otherwise I cant see people being too fussed on getting it played as a refixture.

  11. #91
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,315
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    429
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    That's a good idea. Next league match wins it as well as the 3 points. If it's a draw have a penalty shoot out for the cup. Good craic

  12. #92
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    371
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    335
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That's a good idea. Next league match wins it as well as the 3 points. If it's a draw have a penalty shoot out for the cup. Good craic
    Good idea - but do it without the 3 points. Sure a trophy is always better anyway.

  13. #93
    Apprentice
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Dundalk - Derry on Friday and Dundalk - Bohs on Tuesday at Oriel.
    Paris SG - Shamrock Rovers on the 17th in the Parc Des Princes
    Last edited by DCSIL; 06/07/2020 at 1:07 PM.

  14. #94
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    167
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Dundalk - Derry on Friday and Dundalk - Bohs on Tuesday at Oriel.
    Paris SG - Shamrock Rovers on the 17th in the Parc Des Princes
    Is the Paris V Rovers game confirmed, great fixture to get.

  15. #95
    Apprentice
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Only on French media - live on BEIn sports so probably able to be picked up

  16. #96
    Reserves The Lilywhites's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    Oriel Park
    Posts
    971
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Do Rovers have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back? Like with the Irish contingent that went to UK/France at the weekend for racing.

  17. #97
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,571
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    566
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Do Rovers have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back? Like with the Irish contingent that went to UK/France at the weekend for racing.
    Yep they would. Mind you didnt stop Billy Kellegher that MEP from Cork who didnt go into quarantine to attend the new Taoiseachs inauguration even though he took a temperature test in Brussels.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  18. #98
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,474
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,256
    Thanked in
    1,898 Posts
    Presumably if they all quarantine together, they can still train together...

  19. #99
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,162
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    999
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    809
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Dundalk - Derry on Friday and Dundalk - Bohs on Tuesday at Oriel.
    Paris SG - Shamrock Rovers on the 17th in the Parc Des Princes
    Great friendly to get under the belt. Rovers playing PSG isnt bad either!!

  20. #100
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    617
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    242
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    167
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Do Rovers have to quarantine for 14 days after coming back? Like with the Irish contingent that went to UK/France at the weekend for racing.
    Yes, so I expect this friendly will be cancelled
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 277
    Last Post: 18/06/2020, 3:44 PM
  2. Friendlies
    By The Fox in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25/02/2012, 12:41 PM
  3. Friendlies...
    By rerun in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21/07/2009, 8:19 AM
  4. Friendlies
    By Morgan 92 in forum Monaghan United
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08/02/2009, 6:37 PM
  5. Friendlies
    By Terry in forum Galway United
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20/04/2005, 1:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •